by: derekd, 01-02-2013 11:05 PM (#401)

Pfft

Edited by derekd 01-02-2013 11:07 PM
derekd
General Member

RE: challenge match night
by: derekd, 01-02-2013 11:07 PM (#402)

shanizzo wrote:
Why did you not get the guy, who done the streaming at this years World Origami Championships, to do it.
Am sure he done the Origami on PAPER VIEW!!!

You still opening xmas crackers Antz?Grin
derekd
General Member

by: trigger, 02-02-2013 08:46 AM (#403)

derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:
Far aboots these odds then?

Ryan Fleming 2/5 v Danny Lunn 7/4

Dean Anderson 8/11 v Lee Killen Evs

Graham Dunbar 4/6 v Chris Slack 11/10

Jimmy Pollock 5/6 V Anton Riley 5/6

Marc Fleming 5/6 v Antz Morrison 5/6

20 max bets on matches 1to 4 50 max on Main Match. unfortunately Lads are not taking any doubles or trebles so sorry about that....its first time they have done this but they have said if it all goes well and they dont lose a fortune they would be willing to do it again...Typical bookie i suppose, want everything in their favour. lol....any queries could you pm or call mob. cheers.

im not knocking your hard work derek , but as there will be backers and side bets from both sides for every match , surely when it happens in the venue it will be evens across the board , dont need to go to ladbrokes helpless
trigger
General Member

by: in off, 02-02-2013 08:59 AM (#404)

derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

8/11 would imply to me hes a decent fav yet i get evens :/ bit wild
in off

by: DAWG, 02-02-2013 09:41 AM (#405)

in off wrote:
derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

8/11 would imply to me hes a decent fav yet i get evens :/ bit wild

Thought u knew about gamblimg ya tattie?

Even is a 2 horse race, you would get odds like this.

Seen many an 8/11 shot go down mind lol
DAWG
General Member

by: in off, 02-02-2013 09:50 AM (#406)

The odds dont bother me atall but u wouldnt get that if 2 fittie teams were playn lol
in off

by: peterm, 02-02-2013 09:54 AM (#407)

Danny lunn would be better playin for no money then backin himself at bookies he gets even money of his opponent and almost 2-1 at bookies???? Every1 should be even money

The celtic jersey doesnt shrink to fit inferior players!!

Where there is oppression, there shall be resistance!!

super 15s b champions 2009
peterm

by: Steed Snr, 02-02-2013 10:37 AM (#408)

trigger wrote:
derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

20 max bets on matches 1to 4 50 max on Main Match. unfortunately Lads are not taking any doubles or trebles so sorry about that....its first time they have done this but they have said if it all goes well and they dont lose a fortune they would be willing to do it again...Typical bookie i suppose, want everything in their favour. lol....any queries could you pm or call mob. cheers.

im not knocking your hard work derek , but as there will be backers and side bets from both sides for every match , surely when it happens in the venue it will be evens across the board , dont need to go to ladbrokes helpless
When i back anyone i give the player (if he wins)a minimum of 20% normally30% of the stake, so your backing him odds on anyway, Bossman bt Antz and earned himself about 500 if Antz bts Marc Santa will prob give him about 600 +, the guys playing the games deserve something for there efferts.
Steed Snr

by: Mitch, 02-02-2013 11:48 AM (#409)

trigger wrote:
derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

I think Derek is providing the service for folk & fair play for doing that....you don't have to use Lads if you don't want & can organize any bet you like with a willing participant...

Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Super 11s Premier Division Champions 2018 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 12:09 PM (#410)

trigger wrote:
derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

Nobody has to go to bookies m8. If you get an even bet at venue then fair enough. Only providing service to those who want it. Does not bother new one way or other.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 12:13 PM (#411)

peterm wrote:
Danny lunn would be better playin for no money then backin himself at bookies he gets even money of his opponent and almost 2-1 at bookies???? Every1 should be even money

He won't get 2 to one from opponent though m8. He will only get 20 max on 2 to 1 at bookies. All players are already evens against each other. The 2 to 1 is a bonus for him if he thinks he will win. Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 12:16 PM (#412)

G4RRR wrote:
trigger wrote:
derekd wrote:
tricky wrote:

I think Derek is providing the service for folk & fair play for doing that....you don't have to use Lads if you don't want & can organize any bet you like with a willing participant...

Correct m8 . Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it when you get nothing but criticism no matter what you do.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 02-02-2013 12:27 PM (#413)

Don't think Steed was trying to do that Derek, he was just showing you that the people who bet on the players , give them a bung, sometimes a lot if they win but with Ladbrokes they keep all the winnings.

You have however opened the door to possible sponsorship by showing Laddies what we do, it could lead to bigger and better things.
FlyingScotsman

by: trigger, 02-02-2013 01:52 PM (#414)

defo no critisism meant derek , these matches are all about players and there mates , day out and all that , just im all for the money staying in the pub and the players
trigger
General Member

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 04:43 PM (#415)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Don't think Steed was trying to do that Derek, he was just showing you that the people who bet on the players , give them a bung, sometimes a lot if they win but with Ladbrokes they keep all the winnings.

You have however opened the door to possible sponsorship by showing Laddies what we do, it could lead to bigger and better things.

Am not forcing any one to bet Ross.....but as you say if Labrokes see something good in it they will definately be interested in taking it further and maybe,as you say, sponsorship. Got to give to get.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 04:48 PM (#416)

trigger wrote:
defo no critisism meant derek , these matches are all about players and there mates , day out and all that , just im all for the money staying in the pub and the players

No probs m8.....i was not pointing my previous post to you and steed in particular,more in general. Lots of people put up various comps and a lot of the time get a bit of criticism for it. Gets a bit tedious sometimes.....Anyway, am looking forward to a real good night next week so no more moanin!!!!LolGrin
derekd
General Member

by: Steed Snr, 02-02-2013 05:14 PM (#417)

derekd wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:

Am not forcing any one to bet Ross.....but as you say if Labrokes see something good in it they will definately be interested in taking it further and maybe,as you say, sponsorship. Got to give to get.Wink
Defo the way ahead dek, if you can.t get it on at the venue nowt wrong with going to ladys
Steed Snr

by: derekd, 02-02-2013 06:17 PM (#418)

Steed Snr wrote:
derekd wrote:
[quote]FlyingScotsman wrote:

Defo the way ahead dek, if you can.t get it on at the venue nowt wrong with going to ladys[/quote

Just getting ball rolling mt. If lads see a bit of exposure for themselves they will jump right in. Think they are definitely looking to sponsor mark so the better he does in next year then they may want a bit more. They been taking all our money for years so bout time they gave some back lol
derekd
General Member

by: scottishslack, 03-02-2013 11:20 PM (#419)

Firstly, im really looking forward to Saturday. I get the feeling that the guys up in Dundee have really made an effort and are looking forward to hosting it and put the old mill on the map for future days/events.

Its refreshing to see as down here most of the venus take things like this for granted and dont make a deal of it. Derek D deserves alot of credit and anyone else involved, the itinerary looks class.

As he says, its only small max bets but the fact that someone can go into a Ladbrokes and bet on the outcome of these games is great. I look forward to my game and win or lose i will have a good night afterwards.

Now onto my take on the matches. I will start with mines. Im obviously not going to predict a winner but i can almost guarantee that mine and dunnys game will be the first finished, two guys who play open pool and dont waste any time. I also agree with the pricing, 2 or 3 years ago i was a better player than i am now but im looking to put hours in again and enjoy the game like i used too. May the best man on the day win.

Danny Lunn is in a similar boat to myself, played alot more 2 or 3 years ago and is definately no mug. I cant say who i think will win as ive never seen Ryan play but im looking forward to seeing who prevails, dont think it will be as one sided as the price suggests.

Ive only seen young Dean play on a handful of occasions and this was a while ago. I know they are only one take on it but looking at
at the prices, this ones all wrong. One thing i like about pool, if you put the hours in you get your rewards. I dont think anyone is playing more or entering more events than lee and his obvious recent rise in form is well deserved. If i had to choose one guy out the ten to win, id choose Lee. No disrespect to Dean who is a lovely young guy and he will be dangerous in his own venue.

I dont know if theres anyone out there who has played Anton for money more than myself. Not massive sums, usually sets for 50 but i do know one thing, if hes in the zone hes unplayable. Hes very attacking, when his kicks are working you dont often get a shot. His head is that full of daftness that he cant bottle it either, so that works in his favour.
However, Jinky is an awesome talent and again, a great guy. i met him initially at 9 ball events many a year ago and hes class at that as well. This will be a good game and price wise id have Anton slight favourite.

Finally the main event. I unfortunately can only really comment on Anthony as ive not seen much of Marc. He did enter a few of maxis tours a couple of years ago but hes much better than that now. im his friend on fb and i often see ton statuses at snooker so he is an obvious talent.
im my eyes Antz has a choice to make. If Antz is bothered in the slightest about this game being a spectacle or wants to go blow for blow with marc then its 50/50, in fact id maybe have Marc as slight favourite.
if Antz chooses to make this a long tactical game, which could be tragic for the crowd, he simply cant lose. The only person in pool who could beat Antz tactically over a distance is Ross.Antz is awesome tactically.

I hope all the games are played in great spirit and a great day is had by all. Once again well done to all involved, especially derek. See you all on Saturday.
scottishslack
General Member

by: Drooney, 03-02-2013 11:32 PM (#420)

Well said tish

Get that sig changed Pfft I think all matches will be very close and should be good to watch but if I was betting every match on what I know it would be
Anton
Lee
Tony
Ryan
Tish

But again could go either way good luck to all and well done
Drooney
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.67 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,596,012 unique visits