· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Money Matches and Challenges
challenge match night
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

challenge match night
by: vinnyvegas, 09-02-2013 10:53 PM (#561)

Well done to mark and unlucky to Antz...only saw last few frames...bad miss by Antz on last yellow to take it to a deciding frame..

Well done to all the winners today ...

vinnyvegas!
vinnyvegas

RE: challenge match night
by: Mitch, 09-02-2013 10:53 PM (#562)

Wow some match...well played Marc & unlucky Antz both played some cool pool & certainly lived up to the top billing...

Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member

by: DONEGAL, 09-02-2013 10:54 PM (#563)

well done marc unlucky antz... dundee boys look more like millwall fans than pool fans lolSmile
DONEGAL
General Member

by: Davie-RFC1, 09-02-2013 10:56 PM (#564)

Poor standard but well done Marc good last few frames to get over the line, unlucky Antz!

The DG is back !! Smile
Davie-RFC1

by: Jackpot, 09-02-2013 11:00 PM (#565)

Well done Marc, unlucky Antz.

Great to watch, atmosphere looked brilliant with a pitch invasion at the end Grin
Jackpot
General Member

by: DW, 09-02-2013 11:09 PM (#566)

Superb Marc played great stuff at the end & were the deserved winner lol
Enjoy the rest of your night pint
DW
General Member

by: knowledge, 09-02-2013 11:13 PM (#567)

Well done to Mark. Not the best pool but a lot of money and a lot of pressure and a worthy winner in the end.

Be interesting to see the rematch.
knowledge
General Member

by: sean, 10-02-2013 12:50 AM (#568)

Well done to all the winners, hard luck to the guys that lost. Loads a dosh and pressure on these games and it takes a lot of nerve to play for money like that so hats off.
Too easy to judge the performance but try put yourselves in the sane position for large sums of cash!

Well done to all and well done to the guys who organised it clap

back to the drawing board......again!
sean

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 02:13 AM (#569)

sean wrote:
Well done to all the winners, hard luck to the guys that lost. Loads a dosh and pressure on these games and it takes a lot of nerve to play for money like that so hats off.
Too easy to judge the performance but try put yourselves in the sane position for large sums of cash!

Well done to all and well done to the guys who organised it clap

Nothin to add to that.clap
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 02:24 AM (#570)

That was a great days pool. Some really close matches ,with at least 4 going to final frames. That is a great format that should be repeated. Thanks to all who participated and supported the event. Everybody has opinions regarding the quality of pool tonight in big match but it was some atmosphere in the last two frames. Ok, we won tonight. And marc will be ready for return in near future. Unlucky to antz,well done to marc. Hope your viewing was not spoiled with that naked man at end of match.lol pint
derekd
General Member

by: Mitch, 10-02-2013 07:10 AM (#571)

derekd wrote:
That was a great days pool. Some really close matches ,with at least 4 going to final frames. That is a great format that should be repeated. Thanks to all who participated and supported the event. Everybody has opinions regarding the quality of pool tonight in big match but it was some atmosphere in the last two frames. Ok, we won tonight. And marc will be ready for return in near future. Unlucky to antz,well done to marc. Hope your viewing was not spoiled with that naked man at end of match.lol pint

Who was that Dek ? Hahaha......I had to leave halfway through match & it was starting to hot up then.....both players handled the pressure cooker well I thought considering folk were breathing down their necks & as Sean rightly says its easy to judge the standard but how many players can handle that kind of pressure ? A. Not a lot

Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member

by: R Fleming, 10-02-2013 10:53 AM (#572)

jim fleming here logging in as ryan.did't make the venue yesterday but managed to catch it on line.don't think peole should be saying"poor standard", considering what these guys wen't through. i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion , but it really dosen't go down well for the guys that played firstly my adopted son ,lol ,wee dean ,what a talent.self taught ,will admit himself dosen't give a sh-- most of the time , but really is spooky to watch sometime. seriously lee when deans on his game you've done great to get 13 frames.(no consellation i know).jinky ,we'll what more accolades can you bestow on him, won everything going and a genuine guy unlucky m8 ,but just like you ,you take it on the chin. well done anton brilliant scalp to have on your mantlepiece.steve anderson ,according to the pudits steve had more chance of getting handcuffed to a ghost than beating john ,but i think john had one eye on the numbers clocking up on the till.come on the zed. ryan tenbrook ,not many people would know ryan on the pool scene ,but as marc said all along he is such a good match player.people said he speeded up a bit against rooney. can't think of why.ryan fleming , spoke to him last night and although he was disappointed ,he knows not only can he play better but he aknowledges that danny played very well and thorouly well ,and deseved to win as he told danny after the game . dunny , normal service resumed against slack.another stroll in the park for one of the best money match players ,and genune good guys around.marc fleming , well it would be easy for me to get carried away ,but i'll just quote marc who ,believe it or not is up allready,"i'm just so happy for all the people who supported and believed ttat i could compete with antz ,and i must appologise to antz again for not getting to him to shake his hand for about five minutes because of the dundee mob ,and naked man(by the way wylie i've seen more meat on a butchers pencil)marc said you have to remember it's only half time,and i look forward to not only playing an awesome player , but a great guy.thanks have to go to nick who done the streaming , free of charge ,also thanks have to go to john mCq , clair and her girls for keeping the bar well stocked and of course the guy who has just returned to his family after decanting himself to the old mill this past month ,you done good dek. by the way ross did you know thatmarc's still using your cue you sold him about 6 or 7 years ago. it snapped once but i did one of my special jobs on it.long may this type of day happen.

R Fleming

by: lumie, 10-02-2013 11:03 AM (#573)

i watched the majority of the live stream and 1 or 2 hiccups apart,it was thoroughly enjoyable.
i liked the score updates at the end of each frame,it made the matches more exciting knowing the scores,something that lacks when SPA events are streamed.
well done to whoever was responsible
lumie
General Member

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 11:15 AM (#574)

G4RRR wrote:
derekd wrote:

Who was that Dek ? Hahaha......I had to leave halfway through match & it was starting to hot up then.....both players handled the pressure cooker well I thought considering folk were breathing down their necks & as Sean rightly says its easy to judge the standard but how many players can handle that kind of pressure ? A. Not a lot

Wylie!!!Grin
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 12:15 PM (#575)

R Fleming wrote:
jim fleming here logging in as ryan.did't make the venue yesterday but managed to catch it on line.don't think peole should be saying"poor standard", considering what these guys wen't through. i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion , but it really dosen't go down well for the guys that played firstly my adopted son ,lol ,wee dean ,what a talent.self taught ,will admit himself dosen't give a sh-- most of the time , but really is spooky to watch sometime. seriously lee when deans on his game you've done great to get 13 frames.(no consellation i know).jinky ,we'll what more accolades can you bestow on him, won everything going and a genuine guy unlucky m8 ,but just like you ,you take it on the chin. well done anton brilliant scalp to have on your mantlepiece.steve anderson ,according to the pudits steve had more chance of getting handcuffed to a ghost than beating john ,but i think john had one eye on the numbers clocking up on the till.come on the zed. ryan tenbrook ,not many people would know ryan on the pool scene ,but as marc said all along he is such a good match player.people said he speeded up a bit against rooney. can't think of why.ryan fleming , spoke to him last night and although he was disappointed ,he knows not only can he play better but he aknowledges that danny played very well and thorouly well ,and deseved to win as he told danny after the game . dunny , normal service resumed against slack.another stroll in the park for one of the best money match players ,and genune good guys around.marc fleming , well it would be easy for me to get carried away ,but i'll just quote marc who ,believe it or not is up allready,"i'm just so happy for all the people who supported and believed ttat i could compete with antz ,and i must appologise to antz again for not getting to him to shake his hand for about five minutes because of the dundee mob ,and naked man(by the way wylie i've seen more meat on a butchers pencil)marc said you have to remember it's only half time,and i look forward to not only playing an awesome player , but a great guy.thanks have to go to nick who done the streaming , free of charge ,also thanks have to go to john mCq , clair and her girls for keeping the bar well stocked and of course the guy who has just returned to his family after decanting himself to the old mill this past month ,you done good dek. by the way ross did you know thatmarc's still using your cue you sold him about 6 or 7 years ago. it snapped once but i did one of my special jobs on it.long may this type of day happen.

Well said Jim,...you not got a spellchecker then? lol...should have stuck in at school. lol
Just reflecting on last night and never saw atmosphere like that for a wee while in Mill since we beat the c team 10...2 lol...way the ZED!!!....As was stated on here well before these matches,i thought they would all be close and almost every one went to final frames. If jimmy pollock did not brush the ball with his cue in last frame he wins but well done to anton who came back from 12.7 down to lead 13. 12 at one stage...Great match to watch. Danny Lunn,as Ryan said, played out of his skin yesterday and deserved to win. Another great match to watch. Wee Dean did tho Old Mill proud by beating Lee Killen in another close one , think both kids will admit it wasnt best pool either are capable of but still really good result for the locals. Graham Dunbar was his usual clinical self in beating Slack,who i got to say was as nervous as any pool player i ever saw at the start of a money match. Think he will agree he could play a lot better than that. Ryan Tenbruck did himself and us proud by beating Rooney ,i say that only because the boy was written off by many before this match but turned it on when it mattered. My apologies to both players because they should have been on another table and were only moved because of Main Match starting a little later than intended. [lessons to be learned there] Could have made a fortune on that if i would have taken all the bets offered. On to the Main Matcho, what can i say about Marc and Antz,...Dont care what anyone says,these two produced brilliant pool at times in this match. Christ , what do some people expect?...2 guys playing pool, in what can only be described as a "Bear Pit " at times,playing for 8 grand when eveybody round about them were as drunk as skunks and half naked at times< [Put that away Santa Grin] and hearing ,at times, some not very nice comments. There was a little incident at mid way stage in match that was dealt with and both players deserve respect for continuing to the end and playing some great pool. I heard some people saying the standard was not "The Greatest", well, bulls jobbies to that my friends. I cant count too many bad shots in match . couple of missed blacks[by millimetres] under a fair bit of pressure in those conditions they had to endure at times. Marc started really well and should have went 5...1 up but Ants came back to lead all the way until last 2 or 3 frames..I heard one clown said he bottled it on second last frame on yellow to take it to a final frame decider, well ,all i can say to him is , get your cue out and play under that kind of pressure for that amount of money in a space no bigger than a small larder and see if you can do any better. Ok, Antz was not as good as he was 4 or 5 years ago but i saw some unbelievable shots and finishes from that guy last night. As Marc said, its only half time and we are starting to prepare for the return straight away. But we are enjoying the victory while we can and marc is expecting as hard a match then as he did last night. I and all in Old Mill ,And Dundee are very proud of the boy. He put in a massive amount of practice for this match and deserves every bit of praise coming his way for last night. So glad that he shut a few doubters up, some even saying he would be walloped by Antz, and proved he can match one of the best around. Thanks to all the players who took part in this event and to John McHugh[still smarting form his defeat at the hands of a third division player Grin],and bar staff,who are still cleaning up now lol, and well done to all players who won and commiserations to all the losers. We will definately do this again some time in future. Already been offered a couple of opponents for Marc. And most of all thanks to those supporters,who at times got a wee bit lively at times,but gave Marc some great support and helped to carry him through at the end. pint pint pint.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: R Fleming, 10-02-2013 12:25 PM (#576)

derekd wrote:
R Fleming wrote:

Well said Jim,...you not got a spellchecker then? lol...should have stuck in at school. lol
Just reflecting on last night and never saw atmosphere like that for a wee while in Mill since we beat the c team 10...2 lol...way the ZED!!!....As was stated on here well before these matches,i thought they would all be close and almost every one went to final frames. If jimmy pollock did not brush the ball with his cue in last frame he wins but well done to anton who came back from 12.7 down to lead 13. 12 at one stage...Great match to watch. Danny Lunn,as Ryan said, played out of his skin yesterday and deserved to win. Another great match to watch. Wee Dean did tho Old Mill proud by beating Lee Killen in another close one , think both kids will admit it wasnt best pool either are capable of but still really good result for the locals. Graham Dunbar was his usual clinical self in beating Slack,who i got to say was as nervous as any pool player i ever saw at the start of a money match. Think he will agree he could play a lot better than that. Ryan Tenbruck did himself and us proud by beating Rooney ,i say that only because the boy was written off by many before this match but turned it on when it mattered. My apologies to both players because they should have been on another table and were only moved because of Main Match starting a little later than intended. [lessons to be learned there] Could have made a fortune on that if i would have taken all the bets offered. On to the Main Matcho, what can i say about Marc and Antz,...Dont care what anyone says,these two produced brilliant pool at times in this match. Christ , what do some people expect?...2 guys playing pool, in what can only be described as a "Bear Pit " at times,playing for 8 grand when eveybody round about them were as drunk as skunks and half naked at times< [Put that away Santa Grin] and hearing ,at times, some not very nice comments. There was a little incident at mid way stage in match that was dealt with and both players deserve respect for continuing to the end and playing some great pool. I heard some people saying the standard was not "The Greatest", well, bulls jobbies to that my friends. I cant count too many bad shots in match . couple of missed blacks[by millimetres] under a fair bit of pressure in those conditions they had to endure at times. Marc started really well and should have went 5...1 up but Ants came back to lead all the way until last 2 or 3 frames..I heard one clown said he bottled it on second last frame on yellow to take it to a final frame decider, well ,all i can say to him is , get your cue out and play under that kind of pressure for that amount of money in a space no bigger than a small larder and see if you can do any better. Ok, Antz was not as good as he was 4 or 5 years ago but i saw some unbelievable shots and finishes from that guy last night. As Marc said, its only half time and we are starting to prepare for the return straight away. But we are enjoying the victory while we can and marc is expecting as hard a match then as he did last night. I and all in Old Mill ,And Dundee are very proud of the boy. He put in a massive amount of practice for this match and deserves every bit of praise coming his way for last night. So glad that he shut a few doubters up, some even saying he would be walloped by Antz, and proved he can match one of the best around. Thanks to all the players who took part in this event and to John McHugh[still smarting form his defeat at the hands of a third division player Grin],and bar staff,who are still cleaning up now lol, and well done to all players who won and commiserations to all the losers. We will definately do this again some time in future. Already been offered a couple of opponents for Marc. And most of all thanks to those supporters,who at times got a wee bit lively at times,but gave Marc some great support and helped to carry him through at the end. pint pint pint.Wink

R Fleming

by: R Fleming, 10-02-2013 12:29 PM (#577)

R Fleming wrote:
derekd wrote:
R Fleming wrote:

at least my school wasnt approved by the queen. some great quotes there dek

R Fleming

by: Santa, 10-02-2013 12:29 PM (#578)

Must say had a great day, and well done to mark I honestly thought game was done when I left the building @18-14 but hats off well played .

I am confident Antz will come back from this stronger than before and because of that I am already looking forward to the return and hope to have some more banter with Dundee boys
Santa
General Member

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 12:32 PM (#579)

Santa wrote:
Must say had a great day, and well done to mark I honestly thought game was done when I left the building @18-14 but hats off well played .

I am confident Antz will come back from this stronger than before and because of that I am already looking forward to the return and hope to have some more banter with Dundee boys

Yeah, some lively banter too lol...When you had the belly out and the mob gave you the singalong was class m8...see you in the return.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 10-02-2013 12:34 PM (#580)

R Fleming wrote:
R Fleming wrote:
derekd wrote:
R Fleming wrote:

at least my school wasnt approved by the queen. some great quotes there dek

lol, i got a better education in there than would ever have got at normal school!!! Grin
derekd
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

19/02/2018 07:48
Thistle, venue has been confirmed as TJ's, Motherwell

19/02/2018 07:48
Fordy, nothing yet, Awaiting dates for International events to be confirmed

18/02/2018 20:30
Has the venue for the Masters Tour Event 2 been Confirmed

17/02/2018 14:56
Any update on what dates the premier division 15s will be?

14/02/2018 00:32
FC Bash you are a legend

06/02/2018 12:40
Thanks FC BASH

05/02/2018 21:19
Davy, I am hoping to get the remainder fo the draws/schedules up this weekend. Possibly sooner for the 1st Division

05/02/2018 10:21
When is the draw for the super 11s 3rd division guys

04/02/2018 21:33
Thanks Bash

04/02/2018 21:31
After the deadline for payment has passed and when the payments have been collated to ensure everyone has paid. I'd estimate tomorrow (Monday) evening.

Render time: 0.76 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 57,374,451 unique visits