So basically that us Ryan's stipulation? Or dies he just not fancy it lol
Drooney
General Member

RE: challenge match night
by: Woody, 11-02-2013 01:24 PM (#622)

Drooney wrote:

Columbo couldn't decipher that.confused

Am more confussed than a baby racoon!!!!!
Woody
General Member

by: knowledge, 11-02-2013 01:35 PM (#623)

Woody wrote:
Drooney wrote:

Columbo couldn't decipher that.confused

Mrs Colombo is a very big fan.
knowledge
General Member

by: Woody, 11-02-2013 01:38 PM (#624)

Just one more thing.......

Am more confussed than a baby racoon!!!!!
Woody
General Member

by: knowledge, 11-02-2013 01:38 PM (#625)

The Rooney stuff is out of order. Rooney could couch things in more diplomatic terms I agree however, if this was Rooneys money it would be in and the match would get finished. I have no doubt of that. I was speaking to one of Rooneys backers last night who is an experienced gambler and I told him he is out of order. This should not follow Rooney round and round, he's a young guy and made an error of judgement and he knows that. Who among us has not?
knowledge
General Member

by: Steed Snr, 11-02-2013 04:06 PM (#626)

G4RRR wrote:
knowledge wrote:
The Rooney stuff is out of order. Rooney could couch things in more diplomatic terms I agree however, if this was Rooneys money it would be in and the match would get finished. I have no doubt of that. I was speaking to one of Rooneys backers last night who is an experienced gambler and I told him he is out of order. This should not follow Rooney round and round, he's a young guy and made an error of judgement and he knows that. Who among us has not?

Fair comments John....seems it needs put to bed for all concerned.....
If it is the same guys that are backing Rooney now that welched on their bets against steven why should it be put to bed? other backers should be told their money is not safe if they go to cuehere to play rooney with the same welching backers. The SPA should step in and stop Rooney from challenging anyone for a game in cuehere,Rooneys backers are bad debtors and should be treated as such.
Steed Snr

by: scottishslack, 11-02-2013 05:04 PM (#627)

Just to let Derek/Ryan know that I again will take responsibility for Rooneys re-match.

Im friendly with Steed too and i agree that the way that last match ended was unacceptable.I would be very dissapointed if that happened to me. However, it being brought up again and again when any other games are mentioned is a bit harsh. His first match with Ryan was organised easily and the rematch will be the same.
scottishslack
General Member

by: R Fleming, 11-02-2013 05:04 PM (#628)

G4RRR wrote:
Steed Snr wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
knowledge wrote:

If it is the same guys that are backing Rooney now that welched on their bets against steven why should it be put to bed? other backers should be told their money is not safe if they go to cuehere to play rooney with the same welching backers. The SPA should step in and stop Rooney from challenging anyone for a game in cuehere,Rooneys backers are bad debtors and should be treated as such.

Fair comments also Steed....
( jim here gaz/steed ) no doubt the next post after this one will be "what the f is it got to do with you. however as this is a debating forum , then i'm debating.the rooney stuff as its being called. i think it's more than likely that rooney is a decent guy who is probably feeling worse than anyone ( with the possible exception of wee steed and his backers, if so then theres only one feasable solution. rooney bites the bullet and mans up , plays the remainder of the match. if he wins , respect restored. if he loses ,then he pays his backers debts over an agreed period which is agreed between him and wee steed. respect restored. then i'm sure there will be honest backers quing up to back him. just a suggestion.............condolences to the steed family from the flemings.

R Fleming

by: knowledge, 11-02-2013 05:25 PM (#629)

R Fleming wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
Steed Snr wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
knowledge wrote:

( jim here gaz/steed ) no doubt the next post after this one will be "what the f is it got to do with you. however as this is a debating forum , then i'm debating.the rooney stuff as its being called. i think it's more than likely that rooney is a decent guy who is probably feeling worse than anyone ( with the possible exception of wee steed and his backers, if so then theres only one feasable solution. rooney bites the bullet and mans up , plays the remainder of the match. if he wins , respect restored. if he loses ,then he pays his backers debts over an agreed period which is agreed between him and wee steed. respect restored. then i'm sure there will be honest backers quing up to back him. just a suggestion.............condolences to the steed family from the flemings.

Jim, it's got as much to do with you as it has with me, we are both bystanders. There is not "only one feasible solution", what you have posted is certainly A solution but it is not the only one.

I don't like your solution because I can't see why David should increase his bet on the match to pay for others.

I think there has to be a solution though because in the lead up to and at the start of his match on Saturday, David took a lot of abuse and he might say it didn't, but it certainly affected his performance and concentration. Just to be clear, there was only ever one winner of that match on the day (it's certainly not the one I predicted). I thoroughly enjoyed that match and only Ryan (TCool, Jinky, Anton and Danny looked to be really hitting the ball well and dealing with the pressure.

If a group of people are going to allow a boy into their club to play for money then he has to be treated with respect. Home advantage is one thing but you can't play kick the dog forever.

I know David and at least one other have offered to pay their share of the bet, if that's unacceptable so be it but let's move on. If we all got heckled for past indiscretions not many of us would get peace to play.
knowledge
General Member

by: alligator, 11-02-2013 05:26 PM (#630)

Change the record man Airdrie boys bumped the guys from Falkirk now lets move on.

wait and strike when the time is right
alligator

by: derekd, 11-02-2013 06:59 PM (#631)

Drooney wrote:
Not been wide at all .. Rooney steed match has nothing to do with u ... FACT

First point ...correct

Second point....The fact is you played a match in your venue that never finished due to circumstances that were not ideal.Agreed?.....Now, i have no doubt ,as John Brownlie has pointed out,your a young guy that made a mistake. Fair enough. But i try to look after my mates and i am not going to let one of them go to a venue where , a money match took place and never finished due to reasons that have been well documented. Now, on your comment that he dont fancy it, well i havent stopped laughing for last half hour. lol.....If you want to arrange a match with him then try and do it through a phone call . I will give you the number if you PM me. Not going to wash all the dirty linen on this site anymore .Do yourself a favour and resolve your match with Steed and Ryan will be more than happy to play you. Seemples. Wink
derekd
General Member

by: DrunkenGaz, 11-02-2013 07:03 PM (#632)

I am sure your mates are capable of making their own choices and do not need you or anyone else making decisions for them.

Haw Haw Haw Blondie
DrunkenGaz
General Member

by: derekd, 11-02-2013 07:07 PM (#633)

scottishslack wrote:
Just to let Derek/Ryan know that I again will take responsibility for Rooneys re-match.

Im friendly with Steed too and i agree that the way that last match ended was unacceptable.I would be very dissapointed if that happened to me. However, it being brought up again and again when any other games are mentioned is a bit harsh. His first match with Ryan was organised easily and the rematch will be the same.

He is away off shore today so be three weeks till i get hold off him. But well said above. its so much easier to arrange things when people are civil.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 11-02-2013 07:24 PM (#634)

knowledge wrote:
R Fleming wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
Steed Snr wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
knowledge wrote:

Jim, it's got as much to do with you as it has with me, we are both bystanders. There is not "only one feasible solution", what you have posted is certainly A solution but it is not the only one.

I don't like your solution because I can't see why David should increase his bet on the match to pay for others.

I think there has to be a solution though because in the lead up to and at the start of his match on Saturday, David took a lot of abuse and he might say it didn't, but it certainly affected his performance and concentration. Just to be clear, there was only ever one winner of that match on the day (it's certainly not the one I predicted). I thoroughly enjoyed that match and only Ryan (TCool, Jinky, Anton and Danny looked to be really hitting the ball well and dealing with the pressure.

If a group of people are going to allow a boy into their club to play for money then he has to be treated with respect. Home advantage is one thing but you can't play kick the dog forever.

I know David and at least one other have offered to pay their share of the bet, if that's unacceptable so be it but let's move on. If we all got heckled for past indiscretions not many of us would get peace to play.

John, i only heard one comment directed to rooney and i told the guy he was out of order . If he had more than that then apologies are in order. At end of the day i arranged the challenge matches in good faith with the hope that ALL players would get respect from everybody in the place. I mentioned it before all games started but am only the organiser and as you were there later you no doubt heard the comments from BOTH sides which led to match coming to a halt at one stage. The money matches sometimes bring out the worst in people along with the demon drink of course. I fell out with one of my mates because of comments made towards a player. I agree its totally out of order but some young guys nowadays dont even know the word respect exists. Sad but true. But my mind goes back to a match with Marc through in Hustlers a while back and he was called everything under the sun by opposition supporters so it happens everywhere and its not possible to control EVERY single person in a venue with about a 100 people drinking the whole day. Cant imagine its going to be a kindergarten when Marc plays the return match with Antz either do you? lol.Wink
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 11-02-2013 07:31 PM (#635)

DrunkenGaz wrote:
I am sure your mates are capable of making their own choices and do not need you or anyone else making decisions for them.

True, but i am not making the decision, only offering him advice, then he will make the decision on his own. Wink
derekd
General Member

by: knowledge, 11-02-2013 07:46 PM (#636)

derekd wrote:
John, i only heard one comment directed to rooney and i told the guy he was out of order . If he had more than that then apologies are in order. At end of the day i arranged the challenge matches in good faith with the hope that ALL players would get respect from everybody in the place. I mentioned it before all games started but am only the organiser and as you were there later you no doubt heard the comments from BOTH sides which led to match coming to a halt at one stage. The money matches sometimes bring out the worst in people along with the demon drink of course. I fell out with one of my mates because of comments made towards a player. I agree its totally out of order but some young guys nowadays dont even know the word respect exists. Sad but true. But my mind goes back to a match with Marc through in Hustlers a while back and he was called everything under the sun by opposition supporters so it happens everywhere and its not possible to control EVERY single person in a venue with about a 100 people drinking the whole day. Cant imagine its going to be a kindergarten when Marc plays the return match with Antz either do you? lol.Wink

Cant disagree with any of that Derek, you did a great job.
knowledge
General Member

by: Jackpot, 11-02-2013 10:16 PM (#637)

Is Marc v Antz game available to watch back anywhere?

Wouldn't mind watching last few frames again.
Jackpot
General Member

by: DYNAMO, 11-02-2013 10:24 PM (#638)

Jackpot wrote:
Is Marc v Antz game available to watch back anywhere?

Wouldn't mind watching last few frames again.

page 28 of this thread, has a link dont know what frames they are tho
DYNAMO

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018 16:38
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018 16:18
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.69 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,550,032 unique visits