19/08/2018 12:18
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 15

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Chrissy3uk
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Grandmasters 2nd event
· Missing entries for ...
· 2018 Scottish Double...
· 2018 Scottish Mixed ...
· 2019 Dates
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Announcements
TC Criteria for superleague events
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 21-02-2013 09:57 PM (#1)

The TC have agreed on the following criteria to limit on who can play with lower teams to try and make it fairer for everyone. This will evolve as time goes on.

top 16 or current A internationals or cue sport pros in B or C teams.

No top 100 or current B/U23 A/senior A internationals or former cue sport pros in C teams.

Current = last 3 years.

TC vet teams to ensure each league's A team is stronger overall than the B team, which is stronger than the C team, which is stronger than the D team
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
 
Edited by maxi 06-03-2013 11:21 AM
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 10:37 PM (#2)

Maxi serious question here, are you guys currently going through all the teams to weed it out then and if so when will we have answers?

I only ask because I couldn't even tell you the answer to most of that based on the team I am playing in.

ie. when will Edinburgh C have their answer? I know guys have organised time off to play in this.

In addition if a team can no longer fill the place as all avenues explored already will refunds be available?

cheers.
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 10:43 PM (#3)

The more I look at this the worse it actually seems. Youths can't be in a C team?

I guess Edinburgh D might at least get the benefit of them at the same event lol. Farcical ruling really.
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 11:43 PM (#4)

Hopalong wrote:
so maxi, if livi 'A' are relegated from 'A' event and livi 'B' are promoted, and big dollop decides to play for scotland again, is it correct that the dollop cannot play in the 'B' event?


Davie it all comes down to the fact that the rules will change each and every year. It just so happens that this year this is the set of NO SWEARING!! we have to put up with.
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: jas1, 21-02-2013 11:45 PM (#5)

Like it clap
jas1
General Member


Posts: 1921
Joined: 17.01.08
Age: 41

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 11:45 PM (#6)

Do these rules apply to ladies?
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: knowledge, 21-02-2013 11:45 PM (#7)

tricky wrote:
alligator
21/02/2013 22:36
people have paid on the understanding its normal whites so not this year

yvonne_ewing
21/02/2013 22:17
I want to introduce this change Davy but needs to be decided at meeting! x

Drooney
21/02/2013 10:48
we using spottedwhites at 11s?


All minor decisions have to go to a meeting.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8251
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 11:46 PM (#8)

Hopalong wrote:
in fact, by the look of it, if livi 'A' were relegated and llivi 'B' were promoted, the players would need to swap teams anyway? is this correct?


Edin C & D are switching as no rules cover D teams and the players in that team are actually better anyway. Well, until the SPA TC decides they know better again.
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: tricky, 21-02-2013 11:48 PM (#9)

knowledge wrote:
tricky wrote:
alligator
21/02/2013 22:36
people have paid on the understanding its normal whites so not this year

yvonne_ewing
21/02/2013 22:17
I want to introduce this change Davy but needs to be decided at meeting! x

Drooney
21/02/2013 10:48
we using spottedwhites at 11s?


All minor decisions have to go to a meeting.


define minor.

not major?
tricky



Posts: 1937
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: knowledge, 21-02-2013 11:48 PM (#10)

Hopalong wrote:
in fact, by the look of it, if livi 'A' were relegated and llivi 'B' were promoted, the players would need to swap teams anyway? is this correct?


Unless the TC thought some of them should stay.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8251
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: Scott, 21-02-2013 11:57 PM (#11)

When it says top 100 can't play in a C team is that current (now) top 100 or current (last three years) top 100?
Scott
General Member


Posts: 19
Joined: 18.01.10
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 34

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: alligator, 21-02-2013 11:59 PM (#12)

maxi wrote:
The TC have agreed on the following criteria to limit on who can play with lower teams to try and make it fairer for everyone. This will evolve as time goes on.

top 16 or current A internationals or cue sport pros in B or C teams.

No top 100 or current B/youths/senior internationals or former cue sport pros in C teams.

Current = last 3 years.

TC vet teams to ensure each league's A team is stronger overall than the B team, which is stronger than the C team, which is stronger than the D team


BELTER LOL.
 
wait and strike when the time is right
alligator



Posts: 4579
Joined: 20.10.08
Location: glasgow

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 22-02-2013 12:55 AM (#13)

Hopalong wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Unless the TC thought some of them should stay.


so promotion and relegation at the same event for an 'A' and a 'B' team from the same area is pointless then?

coz the guys relegated from the 'A' event won't be allowed to play in the 'B' event? is this correct?


Do you need glasses Davy, please quote where it states guys relegated wont be allowed to play in B event.

The criteria covers TEAMS, not events. This is the only way BECAUSE of promotion and relegation.

Tricky, the reps voted that the TC could decide on players in teams so this is not new.

Honestly, you people absolutely frustrate the life out of me, when it was posted that the TC would go thru teams player by player yous were up in arms because there was no set criteria, so we do exactly that, and guess what, this is also a massive problem.

Well tough luck. Deal with it.
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 22-02-2013 01:01 AM (#14)

Scott wrote:
When it says top 100 can't play in a C team is that current (now) top 100 or current (last three years) top 100?


The rule saying top 100 doesnt state the current criteria which is defined as last three years.

That means it top 100 as now (end of previous seasons rankings).
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: Blacksmith, 22-02-2013 01:01 AM (#15)

tricky wrote:
The more I look at this the worse it actually seems. Youths can't be in a C team?

I guess Edinburgh D might at least get the benefit of them at the same event lol. Farcical ruling really.

No disrespect to Ben Brogan, but there is no way at this time he would get in the Edinburgh A, or B teams, I doubt very much he was one of the first asked for the C team either.
I can't recall him ever qualifying for an IM, nor doing much in any local singles events.
He has though been selected to play for Scotland Under 23's B2 team.
This should be something for him to be proud of, not something for the SPA to use against him
Are the TC seriously going to freeze this young player out of the 11's due to his selection?
Blacksmith
General Member


Posts: 248
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: THE CAPITAL CITY
Age: 47

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 22-02-2013 01:02 AM (#16)

tricky wrote:
Hopalong wrote:
in fact, by the look of it, if livi 'A' were relegated and llivi 'B' were promoted, the players would need to swap teams anyway? is this correct?


Edin C & D are switching as no rules cover D teams and the players in that team are actually better anyway. Well, until the SPA TC decides they know better again.


You better get a loan of those glasses after Davy then.
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 22-02-2013 01:08 AM (#17)

Blacksmith wrote:
tricky wrote:
The more I look at this the worse it actually seems. Youths can't be in a C team?

I guess Edinburgh D might at least get the benefit of them at the same event lol. Farcical ruling really.

No disrespect to Ben Brogan, but there is no way at this time he would get in the Edinburgh A, or B teams, I doubt very much he was one of the first asked for the C team either.
I can't recall him ever qualifying for an IM, nor doing much in any local singles events.
He has though been selected to play for Scotland Under 23's B2 team.
This should be something for him to be proud of, not something for the SPA to use against him
Are the TC seriously going to freeze this young player out of the 11's due to his selection?


Read the ruling again. If this was the case it would state Youth B internationals.

Mens B teams are not considered internationalists, so the rule for next level specifies B, youth and seniors international players so this will be Seniors A and Youth A players.

Just like the categories wouldnt put Seniors B players in the Cat Bs.

All this requires is some common sense, I know thats hard on here.
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: Blacksmith, 22-02-2013 01:17 AM (#18)

maxi wrote:
Blacksmith wrote:
tricky wrote:
The more I look at this the worse it actually seems. Youths can't be in a C team?

I guess Edinburgh D might at least get the benefit of them at the same event lol. Farcical ruling really.

No disrespect to Ben Brogan, but there is no way at this time he would get in the Edinburgh A, or B teams, I doubt very much he was one of the first asked for the C team either.
I can't recall him ever qualifying for an IM, nor doing much in any local singles events.
He has though been selected to play for Scotland Under 23's B2 team.
This should be something for him to be proud of, not something for the SPA to use against him
Are the TC seriously going to freeze this young player out of the 11's due to his selection?


Read the ruling again. If this was the case it would state Youth B internationals.

Mens B teams are not considered internationalists, so the rule for next level specifies B, youth and seniors international players so this will be Seniors A and Youth A players.

Just like the categories wouldnt put Seniors B players in the Cat Bs.

All this requires is some common sense, I know thats hard on here.

As you know I have played for Scotland B for a number of years, and I didn't make that definition of the ruling for youths, what chance would your average C team manager have?
Why not just put A team on the criteria to clear up any doubt?
The argument Richard makes is based on Under 23 B team players as well
Blacksmith
General Member


Posts: 248
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: THE CAPITAL CITY
Age: 47

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: Blacksmith, 22-02-2013 01:20 AM (#19)

maxi wrote:
The TC have agreed on the following criteria to limit on who can play with lower teams to try and make it fairer for everyone. This will evolve as time goes on.

top 16 or current A internationals or cue sport pros in B or C teams.

No top 100 or current B/youths/senior internationals or former cue sport pros in C teams.

Current = last 3 years.

TC vet teams to ensure each league's A team is stronger overall than the B team, which is stronger than the C team, which is stronger than the D team

You say no current A internationals? Surely that should just say internationals, as everyone should know that it was A internationals if they used common sense.fish
Blacksmith
General Member


Posts: 248
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: THE CAPITAL CITY
Age: 47

RE: TC Criteria for superleague events
by: maxi, 22-02-2013 01:31 AM (#20)

Obviously we didnt make it dummy proof enough for you boys from Edinburgh Pfft
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.37 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,608,734 unique visits