The Scottish Pool Association General Money Matches and Challenges
10k Money Match
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

10k Money Match
by: Drooney, 11-04-2013 11:04 AM (#41)

Claire I think myself and lee are going .. I would play someone of similar/same level
Drooney
General Member

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Pat Holtz, 11-04-2013 11:08 PM (#42)

scottishslack wrote:
7-8 years ago Pat would have been massive favourite but these days its a mis-match.

Lol, I haven't improved that much neebs but thanks for the compliment! Smile
Pat Holtz
General Member

by: Pat Holtz, 11-04-2013 11:09 PM (#43)

TheBoomerang wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:
IMO Ben has to be fav for this with his experience and knowledge of the game.

Mark is a decent player but hasn't got the all round game to match Ben over this distance.

Ben has been there and done it at the top of BB and WR, his class, ability and bottle is without question.

I'm surprised this game has been arranged and reminds me of Jayson's challenges against experienced opposition in Ronan and Farnsworth.

Should be a good spectacle for those in attendance!

You do realise you will get shot down for talking sense.

Only my opinion and what do I know anyway! Smile
Pat Holtz
General Member

by: Pat Holtz, 11-04-2013 11:10 PM (#44)

The Big Dog wrote:
Marks getting a 4 start!!!

Huge difference in styles with marks ultra slow methodical play and bens explosive quick fire potting!

I have to agree with pat and say ben is overwhelming fave!!!

Is this correct about the 4 start? As there is no mention of it on the opening post.

If so, then it backs up what I said earlier about Ben being favourite.

Edited by Pat Holtz 11-04-2013 11:11 PM
Pat Holtz
General Member

by: Pat Holtz, 11-04-2013 11:22 PM (#45)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:

Mark is a decent player but hasn't got the all round game to match Ben over this distance.

Ben has been there and done it at the top of BB and WR, his class, ability and bottle is without question.

I'm surprised this game has been arranged and reminds me of Jayson's challenges against experienced opposition in Ronan and Farnsworth.

Got to disagree with you there Pat, Ben is without doubt one of the best ever and as you say got a lot of experience class etc but Mark is not a decent player, he is a fantastic player and one that can hold his own with anyone, as I think he is very strong in the head.

But if you are saying that Ben is a big fav, would you give me better odds than evens for Mark, if Ben is odds on then Mark is odds against, I will take 5/4 for 500 if you want to lay it.

Firstly, I don't bet with anyone who welches out on friendly bets. Ask Paul Corrigan if you are looking for odds as he usually gives odds on pool games.

Secondly, Ben is favourite regardless of what you think and it will be confirmed if Mark is receiving a start. The exact same as Jayson was second favourite/underdog against Ronan and Farnsworth or are you disagreeing with that too?

You need to start reading posts first before you start typing, I told you this several times and you still jump in.
Pat Holtz
General Member

by: wee deano, 12-04-2013 01:26 AM (#46)

Pat Holtz wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:

Got to disagree with you there Pat, Ben is without doubt one of the best ever and as you say got a lot of experience class etc but Mark is not a decent player, he is a fantastic player and one that can hold his own with anyone, as I think he is very strong in the head.

But if you are saying that Ben is a big fav, would you give me better odds than evens for Mark, if Ben is odds on then Mark is odds against, I will take 5/4 for 500 if you want to lay it.

Firstly, I don't bet with anyone who welches out on friendly bets. Ask Paul Corrigan if you are looking for odds as he usually gives odds on pool games.

Secondly, Ben is favourite regardless of what you think and it will be confirmed if Mark is receiving a start. The exact same as Jayson was second favourite/underdog against Ronan and Farnsworth or are you disagreeing with that too?

You need to start reading posts first before you start typing, I told you this several times and you still jump in.

Have to agree with pat about the match think ben has been there done that and finishes far too much for mark, like that pat isn't so deluded about the scottish boys playing the top welsh and english because apart from maybe 4 or 5 the rest are miles off the mark from what I've seen of both rules! Personally think mark is a cracking player and at least he is testing himself against the best instead of just speaking about it wish him all the best and ''hope'' he does the damage!!
wee deano
General Member

by: Mitch, 12-04-2013 06:01 AM (#47)

I'd be surprised if Mark was to get a 4 frame start especially playing on home soil....I've only seen Ben play on live stream & from what Marc Fleming says he's an incredible player...Might suit Mark if he's tagged as 2nd fav and it def wont faze him

Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member

by: TheBoomerang, 12-04-2013 07:48 AM (#48)

wee deano wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:

Have to agree with pat about the match think ben has been there done that and finishes far too much for mark, like that pat isn't so deluded about the scottish boys playing the top welsh and english because apart from maybe 4 or 5 the rest are miles off the mark from what I've seen of both rules! Personally think mark is a cracking player and at least he is testing himself against the best instead of just speaking about it wish him all the best and ''hope'' he does the damage!!

Good post
TheBoomerang

by: in off, 12-04-2013 07:48 AM (#49)

Me and Rooney are coming down Claire, so yes more than happy to get a cash game sorted for the friday night, if you want to try and sort something out and get back to us so we can arrange things that would be great, cheers
in off

by: Mr Magic 147, 12-04-2013 01:01 PM (#50)

Yes Ben is fav, its obvious because of everything he has done in the game and the experience he has by playing pool for umpteen years.

But I know what I can do on the table and will relish the challenge of playing one of the best players in the world. I've still got lots to learn about the game but come december I will be more settled and ready for this match.

Hope you all are looking forward to it and help support me against one of the best and hopefully it will be the start of many more big money games to come in Scotland!!
Mr Magic 147

by: alligator, 12-04-2013 01:12 PM (#51)

Mr Magic 147 wrote:
Yes Ben is fav, its obvious because of everything he has done in the game and the experience he has by playing pool for umpteen years.

But I know what I can do on the table and will relish the challenge of playing one of the best players in the world. I've still got lots to learn about the game but come december I will be more settled and ready for this match.

Hope you all are looking forward to it and help support me against one of the best and hopefully it will be the start of many more big money games to come in Scotland!!

Fantastic and classy response clap

wait and strike when the time is right
alligator

by: onehitwonder, 12-04-2013 03:30 PM (#52)

TheBoomerang wrote:
wee deano wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:

Good post

never really seen ben play other than the odd game on stream...but his legend preceeds him...this will be a great match-up and although people think mark is the underdog i think it will be very close...mark is an awesome potting machine and very rarely misses when he's on....also a race to 35 must surely suit him...he's played many long matches and his fitness and concentration is phenomenal also...mark to edge it by 4 or 5 games for me....mon the magic lol
onehitwonder
General Member

by: thefletcher, 12-04-2013 04:04 PM (#53)

Mr Magic 147 wrote:

Class post from a class player,wish u the best of luck with this match,

Edited by thefletcher 12-04-2013 04:07 PM
thefletcher

by: maxi, 12-04-2013 04:21 PM (#54)

Someone hit the nail on the head, first to 35 is a long match and fitness could come into it.

I remember a good few years ago Ross had big matches with Darren Appleton and how much Ross was going on about putting training in for it.

I think Mark is better than a lot of people give him credit for, even though he got himself to number 1 in the rankings.

This wont be a walk in the park for Ben by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck Mark.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Drover, 12-04-2013 08:18 PM (#55)

is Channel 4 going to cover this for their new series of Supersize vs Superskinny

Ahhhh Just Smash It

It'll Go Somewhere
Grin
Drover
General Member

by: The Hurricane, 12-04-2013 09:26 PM (#56)

Good luck Mark

Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
The Hurricane
General Member

by: Carson, 12-04-2013 11:02 PM (#57)

Class post from a class player
Agree with Ross, Mr Boyle is very strong mentally
For such a challenge.
I wouldn't bet against him
Carson
General Member

by: doy, 13-04-2013 12:49 PM (#58)

is this guy Ben the best in the british isles and if not then who is it.
oh and best of luck mark when it comes.
doy

by: Pat Holtz, 13-04-2013 03:56 PM (#59)

Just curious, has Ben or Mark played any big money games before against other opposition and what were the results?

Money matches are completely different to tournament play for those not in the know, and playing at home is added pressure with the expectation from the locals.

Wardy - are you or anyone else coming up with Ben?
Pat Holtz
General Member

by: maxi, 13-04-2013 09:24 PM (#60)

Pat Holtz wrote:
Just curious, has Ben or Mark played any big money games before against other opposition and what were the results?

Money matches are completely different to tournament play for those not in the know, and playing at home is added pressure with the expectation from the locals.

Wardy - are you or anyone else coming up with Ben?

I remember when in brid a few years ago Ben was talking about a big money match with Ronan, dont know if it went ahead. Pretty sure Ben has played a few big money games.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

19/02/2018 07:48
Thistle, venue has been confirmed as TJ's, Motherwell

19/02/2018 07:48
Fordy, nothing yet, Awaiting dates for International events to be confirmed

18/02/2018 20:30
Has the venue for the Masters Tour Event 2 been Confirmed

17/02/2018 14:56
Any update on what dates the premier division 15s will be?

14/02/2018 00:32
FC Bash you are a legend

06/02/2018 12:40
Thanks FC BASH

05/02/2018 21:19
Davy, I am hoping to get the remainder fo the draws/schedules up this weekend. Possibly sooner for the 1st Division

05/02/2018 10:21
When is the draw for the super 11s 3rd division guys

04/02/2018 21:33
Thanks Bash

04/02/2018 21:31
After the deadline for payment has passed and when the payments have been collated to ensure everyone has paid. I'd estimate tomorrow (Monday) evening.

Render time: 0.30 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 57,268,231 unique visits