21/11/2018 02:13
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S15 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 28

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,194
· Newest Member: psimpson
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2018 IM#6 Qualifiers
· Lanarkshire Singles.
· Outstanding Entry Fe...
· Missing cue
· BI WC 2018
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Money Matches and Challenges
10k Money Match
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  10k Money Match
by: knowledge, 14-04-2013 08:06 AM (#61)

The Welsh don't seem to be as excited about this as we are.

http://www.wpa8ball.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1359
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Steed Snr, 14-04-2013 08:24 AM (#62)

knowledge wrote:
The Welsh don't seem to be as excited about this as we are.

http://www.wpa8ball.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1359
If you check the discussions forum on that site it looks like ben hasn't played any money games unlike boyle who's played all the top scottish guys with the bottle to play him.
Steed Snr



Posts: 1441
Joined: 25.03.10
Location: Falkirk

RE: 10k Money Match
by: TheBoomerang, 14-04-2013 08:44 AM (#63)

Pat Holtz wrote:
Just curious, has Ben or Mark played any big money games before against other opposition and what were the results?

Money matches are completely different to tournament play for those not in the know, and playing at home is added pressure with the expectation from the locals.

Wardy - are you or anyone else coming up with Ben?


There's a big group coming up. Ill come if I can get a match in the undercard probably. Ben hasn't played any money games before, maybe I'm being a bit naive but I've played two big money matches (lost them both lol) and didn't feel it was any different to tournament finals.
TheBoomerang



Posts: 34
Joined: 07.10.08

RE: 10k Money Match
by: DAWG, 25-08-2013 10:14 PM (#64)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Pat Holtz wrote:
IMO Ben has to be fav for this with his experience and knowledge of the game.

Mark is a decent player but hasn't got the all round game to match Ben over this distance.

Ben has been there and done it at the top of BB and WR, his class, ability and bottle is without question.

I'm surprised this game has been arranged and reminds me of Jayson's challenges against experienced opposition in Ronan and Farnsworth.

Should be a good spectacle for those in attendance!


Got to disagree with you there Pat, Ben is without doubt one of the best ever and as you say got a lot of experience class etc but Mark is not a decent player, he is a fantastic player and one that can hold his own with anyone, as I think he is very strong in the head.

But if you are saying that Ben is a big fav, would you give me better odds than evens for Mark, if Ben is odds on then Mark is odds against, I will take 5/4 for 500 if you want to lay it.


I'll take 400 off you Ross - if Mark wins i'll give you 500 on the day?
User Avatar
DAWG
General Member


Posts: 1950
Joined: 01.02.08
Location: East Lothian
Age: 42

RE: 10k Money Match
by: FlyingScotsman, 26-08-2013 06:42 AM (#65)

I will take that bet Colin but I want the money paid to me before the event takes place.

You know why.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: 10k Money Match
by: DAWG, 26-08-2013 07:53 AM (#66)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
I will take that bet Colin but I want the money paid to me before the event takes place.

You know why.


Yeah no problem Rossco

I will bank transfer it to you on the 28th Nov (500)

if Ben wins, just flip it all back to me (900) Wink
 
Edited by DAWG 26-08-2013 07:57 AM
User Avatar
DAWG
General Member


Posts: 1950
Joined: 01.02.08
Location: East Lothian
Age: 42

RE: 10k Money Match
by: FlyingScotsman, 26-08-2013 02:04 PM (#67)

fine son, you know my account, if it's in, it's a bet, if not no bet.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Santa, 26-08-2013 05:16 PM (#68)

Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul
Santa
General Member


Posts: 1166
Joined: 25.04.09

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Webbo, 26-08-2013 07:51 PM (#69)

G4RRR wrote:
DAWG wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
I will take that bet Colin but I want the money paid to me before the event takes place.

You know why.


Yeah no problem Rossco

I will bank transfer it to you on the 28th Nov (500)

if Ben wins, just flip it all back to me (900) Wink

Brave bet m8.....


Good luck with that. I am still waiting on the last 200 of a 520 win......from May 2012.

Before making any new bets, you should perhaps pay off your existing and long-standing debts eh Colin.
 
Regards

Victor McDade,
Osprey Heights, Craiglang,
Bloody big pot o' pish......get it lifted!
User Avatar
Webbo
General Member


Posts: 280
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Arbroath
Age: 50

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Webbo, 27-08-2013 04:11 PM (#70)

DAWG wrote:
Slicer wrote:
I've never had a problem getting money off you before Colin helpless


Thank you my friend Smile


Is that the same Slicer who had a footy coupon on with Colin whilst travelling to some pool event and, when the coupon came up, found that Colin had "lost" said coupon.
Is that the same Slicer who, when phoning the bookies to see if they could still payout with the ticket, found out the coupon had been "mysteriously" cashed by someone in Aberdeen.helpless

Pool friends!
 
Regards

Victor McDade,
Osprey Heights, Craiglang,
Bloody big pot o' pish......get it lifted!
User Avatar
Webbo
General Member


Posts: 280
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Arbroath
Age: 50

RE: 10k Money Match
by: knowledge, 29-08-2013 10:53 AM (#71)

Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: 10k Money Match
by: DAWG, 29-08-2013 11:00 AM (#72)

knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?


I have 4/5 for Ben with Ross lol

Dunno if that's good or not - will be a decent match like.
User Avatar
DAWG
General Member


Posts: 1950
Joined: 01.02.08
Location: East Lothian
Age: 42

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Al G, 29-08-2013 09:24 PM (#73)

If someone is offering 5/4 on Mark Boyle i will take a wee punt on that. 100. Let me know.
 
Consistently inconsistent
Al G



Posts: 71
Joined: 22.02.09
Location: West Lothian

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Santa, 30-08-2013 02:57 PM (#74)

knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?



Even money bet mate, but all bets put on the players need to be giving a percentage, its only fair this way.
 
Edited by Santa 30-08-2013 03:00 PM
Santa
General Member


Posts: 1166
Joined: 25.04.09

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Mitch, 30-08-2013 03:21 PM (#75)

Santa wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?



Even money bet mate, but all bets put on the players need to be giving a percentage, its only fair this way.

So it's not an even money pay back then ?
Best to just arrange a like for like bet with another punter then no ?
 
Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Super 11s Premier Division Champions 2018 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member


Posts: 896
Joined: 02.02.10
Location: monifieth c/o arbroath
Age: 48

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Santa, 30-08-2013 03:28 PM (#76)

G4RRR wrote:
Santa wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?



Even money bet mate, but all bets put on the players need to be giving a percentage, its only fair this way.

So it's not an even money pay back then ?
Best to just arrange a like for like bet with another punter then no ?



Not exactly fair on players though but your right
Santa
General Member


Posts: 1166
Joined: 25.04.09

RE: 10k Money Match
by: knowledge, 30-08-2013 07:29 PM (#77)

So if I stick 200 on the winner what do I get back?
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Fergo, 30-08-2013 09:21 PM (#78)

Santa wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
Santa wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?



Even money bet mate, but all bets put on the players need to be giving a percentage, its only fair this way.

So it's not an even money pay back then ?
Best to just arrange a like for like bet with another punter then no ?



Not exactly fair on players though but your right


To be fair, if I stick a double on Barca and Real Madrid I'm not exactly gonna be wiring Messi and Ronaldo a cut of my winnings. Fair enough if you're mates with one of the players involved and betting to show support as much as in hope of a return, but for the majority of punters attending/betting I don't really see any moral obligation to do so. They're already playing for significant sums of their own/backers' money as it is.
Fergo
General Member


Posts: 62
Joined: 07.02.10
Location: Dumfries
Age: 31

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Santa, 30-08-2013 09:40 PM (#79)

knowledge wrote:
So if I stick 200 on the winner what do I get back?


I would always say min 10per cent to players
Santa
General Member


Posts: 1166
Joined: 25.04.09

RE: 10k Money Match
by: Santa, 30-08-2013 09:45 PM (#80)

Fergo wrote:
Santa wrote:
G4RRR wrote:
Santa wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anybody else wanting any money on this match either way pls pm myself or Paul


Are there prices on this match or is it an even money bet?



Even money bet mate, but all bets put on the players need to be giving a percentage, its only fair this way.

So it's not an even money pay back then ?
Best to just arrange a like for like bet with another punter then no ?



Not exactly fair on players though but your right


To be fair, if I stick a double on Barca and Real Madrid I'm not exactly gonna be wiring Messi and Ronaldo a cut of my winnings. Fair enough if you're mates with one of the players involved and betting to show support as much as in hope of a return, but for the majority of punters attending/betting I don't really see any moral obligation to do so. They're already playing for significant sums of their own/backers' money as it is.



I think you have lost the point that is the way the players general get rewarded from these big matches and if all bets go through the appropriate people the match could end up being for a whole lot more than 10k.

I have no control over guys betting with each other but would be nice to see it all go through the right channels then the players playing are rewarded ( and no one has an issue with getting paid out) and then maybe a lot more top players would be up for big matches, after all that's what we all want to see Is it not.
Santa
General Member


Posts: 1166
Joined: 25.04.09

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< November 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

Render time: 0.36 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 70,559,325 unique visits