Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Bah Humbug
by: Bash, 22-07-2010 10:09 AM (#41)

maxi wrote:
Why are you so one sided Bash.

1. You say its an unlevel playing field due to all they do is play pool so why dont they give start.

Turn up in Rileys Stirling this weekend and you will see that very thing happening.

2. You say save your pool winnings and use them.

If you have chosen a career path then why not save your money and use that.

I see you are only targetting the Mens A team and conveniently brushed over the other 20 odd players that are going with various teams......hmmmm.

1. Let's have that in the IM's and your tour as well then.
2. I am concentrating where there is an issue. None of the other sections ahve the prize money on offer that the mens game does, and as such I would guess that those sections do not feel as raped by the top players.

To your second point - I have chosen my career path, and I do ok, so you want me to take the money that I have studied for, then worked for, and built up, just to hand over to people who can't get out of their beds in the morning? Seriously?

They're getting my donations at events - how can a novice compete against a tradesman? They're getting my tax money - recycled to them in installments of 64 a fortnight. And now we've to put our hands in our pockets again....? No ta.

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

RE: Bah Humbug
by: joker, 22-07-2010 11:11 AM (#42)

Bash wrote:
maxi wrote:
Why are you so one sided Bash.

1. You say its an unlevel playing field due to all they do is play pool so why dont they give start.

Turn up in Rileys Stirling this weekend and you will see that very thing happening.

2. You say save your pool winnings and use them.

If you have chosen a career path then why not save your money and use that.

I see you are only targetting the Mens A team and conveniently brushed over the other 20 odd players that are going with various teams......hmmmm.

2. I am concentrating where there is an issue. None of the other sections ahve the prize money on offer that the mens game does, and as such I would guess that those sections do not feel as raped by the top players.

To your second point - I have chosen my career path, and I do ok, so you want me to take the money that I have studied for, then worked for, and built up, just to hand over to people who can't get out of their beds in the morning? Seriously?

They're getting my donations at events - how can a novice compete against a tradesman? They're getting my tax money - recycled to them in installments of 64 a fortnight. And now we've to put our hands in our pockets again....? No ta.

thats class and funnyGrin

you really couldnt make it up!
joker

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 11:13 AM (#43)

64 a week bash.

wait and strike when the time is right
alligator

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 11:26 AM (#44)

bash why are you being such a tadger.you just cant help yourself can you.well if you play with fire it is sure to burn.big charlie jaysons dad has been asking for you.

alligator

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 11:46 AM (#45)

I apologise if honesty offends you.

Bash

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 11:58 AM (#46)

you dont bother me in the slightest if anything your statements amuse me.you however attack peoples lack of academic qualifications accuse them of being lazy etc.this does not go down well with the people you offends loved ones.sometimes you have to have more than one face.i have around 40 or so.maybe this is because of my hardened and deprived upbringing in glasgows eastend.you however stupidly in my opinion only have one face for the time being.well you could have two very soon.the before and after face.

alligator

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 12:03 PM (#47)

I never said anything about people having a lack of academic qualifications - some of my best friends don't have qualifications. I also have no issue with anyone who doesn't want to do anything all day...... that's fine. Please don't try and make it something that it's not.

I dislike people who expect to get something for nothing. Why? How is that fair? That is the thrust of my posts - if you want anything in life, earn it.

Bash

by: maxi, 22-07-2010 12:03 PM (#48)

Bash wrote:

As usual you are either pretending to be dumb or doing a damn good impression. I didn't say you should donate your money since you have a good career to send anyone else, but your saying these couple of guys shouldn't get money raised to send them to the WC due to them lifting prizemoney in the past. What I am saying is there are far more people who you are NOT picking on who earn SUBSTANTIALLY more than these guys will EVER win at pool and it seems ok for them to go on the back of other people donating the cash to send them??

Very blinkered view.

By raising this cash means we can send our BEST teams and not just who can afford to go.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 12:07 PM (#49)

maxi wrote:
Bash wrote:

As usual you are either pretending to be dumb or doing a damn good impression. I didn't say you should donate your money since you have a good career to send anyone else, but your saying these couple of guys shouldn't get money raised to send them to the WC due to them lifting prizemoney in the past. What I am saying is there are far more people who you are NOT picking on who earn SUBSTANTIALLY more than these guys will EVER win at pool and it seems ok for them to go on the back of other people donating the cash to send them??

Very blinkered view.

By raising this cash means we can send our BEST teams and not just who can afford to go.

...and if we were putting a team together to represent Scottish Businesses, or something like that, I would say you're right - these folks are getting well off what they are doing (and being sent for) so don't give them a bean!

Same theory, applied to a different forum.

Bash

by: maxi, 22-07-2010 12:27 PM (#50)

I have split the Pools got talent forum to separate all the chit chat from the facts.

Here are the grumpy so and so's who don't think the national teams should be funded...

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Steed Snr, 22-07-2010 12:42 PM (#51)

Maxi you say the cash is to send the best teams to france to represent the SPA so can i ask your opinion on why Pat Holtz isnt in the mens A team

Edited by Steed Snr 22-07-2010 12:43 PM
Steed Snr

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 12:47 PM (#52)

Here's another one - along Maxi's example. If someone does better at work, they get paid more - but they also get taxed more.

How about we implement a tax on all winnings based on the money list from all events played in Scotland, open to SPA members.

Have tax "bands" where you give back a % of your prizemoney depending on how much you have won over a season.

All these taxes could then go to the International Teams. That way, they've earned their money.

Bash

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 12:49 PM (#53)

you can ask my opinion if you like steed snr it was me that picked the team with feed back from the IC.

alligator

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 12:51 PM (#54)

that sounds good bash.we taxing the super 15s 11s grassroots aswell.

alligator

by: mini hartson, 22-07-2010 12:55 PM (#55)

Bash wrote:
Here's another one - along Maxi's example. If someone does better at work, they get paid more - but they also get taxed more.

How about we implement a tax on all winnings based on the money list from all events played in Scotland, open to SPA members.

Have tax "bands" where you give back a % of your prizemoney depending on how much you have won over a season.

All these taxes could then go to the International Teams. That way, they've earned their money.

no tax Angry .......if someone enters a tournament and wins no matter who he/she is they shouldnt have to give some back......if it was a case of tournament entry 5 quid then say 1 quid is going straight into the bank so to speak for internationals the rest goes to winnings......is that not better that way everyone knows the script and its equal
mini hartson
General Member

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 12:55 PM (#56)

I would tax based on a money list. So if you win (say) <500 in a season with the SPA you pay 5%, if you win 500-1000 you get taxed 10%, 1000-3000 something like 15% and over that 20%.

Not sure if those buckets are right, or the %'s either.... but we have the means to put together a money list. We have more tournaments that we know what to do with. Seems simple enough.

Bash

by: maxi, 22-07-2010 12:56 PM (#57)

Bash I already said as a proposal to bring more money in why don't we do what the EPBF do, they demand 5% of all prizemoney to their organisation.

I also said why don't we implement that as a rule for advertising any event on the site.

Having a set percentage for everyone means that the less you win the less you pay and the more you win the more your donating.

But this would need to be for every SPA event and all events advertising thru the SPA, ie on Scottishpool.com.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: alligator, 22-07-2010 12:59 PM (#58)

so the more you win the more tax you pay to go tothe international fund.sounds fair to me sure pat holtz will be delighted at this prospect.

alligator

by: maxi, 22-07-2010 01:04 PM (#59)

My proposal was not just to go towards the International fund, it would bring in substantial amount of funds which could go towards all manner of initiatives, coaching network, y&j development, ladies development, grassroots etc etc

It could potentially bring in around 5k per year.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Bash, 22-07-2010 01:16 PM (#60)

alligator wrote:
so the more you win the more tax you pay to go tothe international fund.sounds fair to me sure pat holtz will be delighted at this prospect.

I have no doubt that he would - although as you point out, we would have to address the failings in other associated processes.

Bash

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

19/02/2018 07:48
Thistle, venue has been confirmed as TJ's, Motherwell

19/02/2018 07:48
Fordy, nothing yet, Awaiting dates for International events to be confirmed

18/02/2018 20:30
Has the venue for the Masters Tour Event 2 been Confirmed

17/02/2018 14:56
Any update on what dates the premier division 15s will be?

14/02/2018 00:32
FC Bash you are a legend

06/02/2018 12:40
Thanks FC BASH

05/02/2018 21:19
Davy, I am hoping to get the remainder fo the draws/schedules up this weekend. Possibly sooner for the 1st Division

05/02/2018 10:21
When is the draw for the super 11s 3rd division guys

04/02/2018 21:33
Thanks Bash

04/02/2018 21:31
After the deadline for payment has passed and when the payments have been collated to ensure everyone has paid. I'd estimate tomorrow (Monday) evening.

Render time: 0.31 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 57,337,222 unique visits