· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Money Matches and Challenges
Tenerife 2014
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Tenerife 2014
by: the legend, 17-07-2013 04:11 PM (#1)

Guys,
You may have been aware over the last few weeks and days that there have been issues with the current 2014 event run by George.
Questions have been asked and, in my opinion, unsatisfactory answers , if any, provided.
I recently returned from Tenerife and met some of the guys responsible for the Oasis FM league that we have played over the course of the last few years. These guys have become many of the players friends and some remain in touch outwith the competition dates.
I asked George when I returned the straightforward question of whether the event he intended to run in 2014 was to play the guys we have always played, namely the Oasis FM League. This is a matter of record on our site. George assured us that we would indeed play that League plus another League in Tenerife.
I contacted the guys who run the Oasis league to see if this was true....no arrangements to play them had or has been made by George. This is one aspect I find unacceptable.

Recently you have no doubt seen that George is demanding from everyone a 50 deposit. This is regardless of whether you want to book flights and accommodation through George or do it yourself. I as well as others questioned George about this, only to be told take it or leave it. Well I'm going to leave it....this again I find unacceptable.

The whole issue about George demanding money to register names and his take it or leave it attitude I felt forced me to do something. I contacted the Oasis league yesterday to see if arrangements had been made to play them, they said no. They said they wanted to continue playing us but were unwilling to deal with George.....their words not mine.....then l contacted a few of the guys I knew that would want to continue to play with them. I decided we had enough players to offer them a sporting challenge.

I removed my name from George's list, as did a few others.

It is our intention to play around the same time a always, first week in February 2014.

Any players wishing to join us will be made more than welcome....no deposit necessary. Adi benson from the Tenerife league and Paddy from Glasgow are looking to source suitable accommodation. We have been advised that Tennents have kindly agreed to sponsor the challenge matches.

I want to make this perfectly clear that this is in no way a personal attack on George or his planned trip. He has made arrangements to play another league in Tenerife. Myself and others, as well as the Oasis FM league wished to continue our rivalry and l felt that this would not happen if we went with George.
Tenerife tag team drinking Champion 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 with Muir Bryson
the legend
General Member

RE: Tenerife 2014
by: tricky, 17-07-2013 04:34 PM (#2)

Hang on just one minute. There is no way on earth you can claim tag team drinking champion for 2013 as that was clearly myself and Mr John Cunningham.

Think this divisional split was coming.

I'm not going next year simply because I have other commitments.

Hope everyone going on either trip has a blast. The hosts are fantastic as is the company.
tricky

by: SHUFF, 17-07-2013 04:38 PM (#3)

All nonsense , unless plans have been changed ...we are infact playing Tenerife pool league on the Tuesday the 4th & Weds the 5th of February.....and then by arrangement with Barry Harper we are to play Oasis fm on the Friday , Saturday and Sunday....all will be confirmed when barry returns from holiday...only accurate part of Tonys post is that neither I or roscoe wish to communicate details of the challenge , his constant lying has forced me to deal with Barry....

and to confirm what i'm saying is truth..below is a copy of an email sent to me by barry.....check the date

Barry Harper (barryharpertenerife@googlemail.com)

Add to contacts

13/07/2013

To: geofag147@Hotmail.com

Picture of Barry Harper

Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety.
Show content|I trust barryharpertenerife@googlemail.com. Always show content.

Hi George,
I am away on holiday until the 26th July. I wil contact yu upon my return.

Barry

even his spelling of you and will is noted..i have the original email..if anyone wishes to view it...I have my phone with me at all times....

enough listening to Rosscoes lies please Tony..it's getting embarrassing

https://www.faceb...267767025/
SHUFF
General Member

by: JB, 17-07-2013 04:51 PM (#4)

George, it's not nonsense.
And as per my post on the Uddy site, I cannot see from Barry's email where he confirms that arrangements have been made. He simply says "I'll get back to you", so you're reaching a bit there.
JB
General Member

by: the legend, 17-07-2013 04:58 PM (#5)

George,I sincerely hope you are not accusing me of lying!

This, if you read my post, has all taken place in the last 24 hours. If Barry runs the league then he clearly neglected to tell the other members of the league who were present last night that arrangements had been made with you.

representatives of the league made it clear they don't want to speak to you.
I've dealt with Adi Benson and Rosscoe, who are responsible for the league.

Your right about it becoming embarrassing....that's why I made contact with them. within 24 hours we have arranged the match....how difficult can it be?
Tenerife tag team drinking Champion 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 with Muir Bryson

I asked you at the end of June when I returned from holiday in Tenerife if we were playing the Oasis league and you assured everyone we were.
Looking at the date of your email...13/7 .....that looks to be the date when you made contact with Barry.
John is right he hasn't arranged a thing with you...he states he will get back to you.
Given the league don't want to know you I find implausible for you to say with certainty arrangements had been made ..
the legend
General Member

by: the legend, 17-07-2013 05:23 PM (#6)

[quote]tricky wrote:
Hang on just one minute. There is no way on earth you can claim tag team drinking champion for 2013 as that was clearly myself and Mr John Cunningham.

Think this divisional split was coming.

I'm not going next year simply because I have other commitments.

Hope everyone going on either trip has a blast. The hosts are fantastic as is the company.[/quote

Me and Muir won that fair and square.....in saying that you and your young Jedi apprentice ran us to the line!
Sorry to hear that you won't be there...you're always welcome to join us.....100 deposit mind for 2015....Wink)
Kiddin on....
the legend
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.13 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,329,708 unique visits