· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General General
An Invite from the SEPF
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

An Invite from the SEPF
by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:08 AM (#101)

Min Hartson just informed me that during his discussions on the matter, he was informed that there would be no LD/PD competitions - now should we just ignore a section that is integral part of the SPA!
yvonne_ewing
General Member

RE: An Invite from the SEPF
by: maxi, 17-08-2010 11:08 AM (#102)

It's not about them and us Yvonne. Why can't everyone just play pool wherever, whenever at whatever they want?

It doesn't need to mean one organisation getting stronger or weaker, the SEPF have offered the olive branch to try and work together and as an SPA member I believe it would be foolish not to explore some kind of collaboration.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 17-08-2010 11:10 AM (#103)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
Min Hartson just informed me that during his discussions on the matter, he was informed that there would be no LD/PD competitions - now should we just ignore a section that is integral part of the SPA!

What are you on about Yvonne?

The SEPF don't have these divisions right now as they don't have any members for them. What has that got to do with the SPA?

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 17-08-2010 11:11 AM (#104)

Comparing it to two business rivals, so why does the BBC or ITV or any other stations allow their programmes to be shown on Sky?

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:15 AM (#105)

The reason the SPA are so successful I believe is because we had the insight many years ago to implement the choice policy.

I have said everyone should be playing under the same umbrella many many times but this direction needs to stem from the top of the tree; WPA/WEPF.

Ross is the best placed person, arguably in pool, not just Scotland to give everyone the bigger picture and he has done that.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:17 AM (#106)

maxi wrote:
yvonne_ewing wrote:

The SEPF don't have these divisions right now as they don't have any members for them. What has that got to do with the SPA?

Im sure the quote was "The SEPF don't have LD or PH categories. WR are not the easiest to grasp for new players". One of our sections has voiced concerns Maxi thats all, im jusy highlighting this.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: maxi, 17-08-2010 11:21 AM (#107)

When exactly was the choice policy introduced by the SPA Yvonne?

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:21 AM (#108)

maxi wrote:
It's not about them and us Yvonne. Why can't everyone just play pool wherever, whenever at whatever they want?

It doesn't need to mean one organisation getting stronger or weaker, the SEPF have offered the olive branch to try and work together and as an SPA member I believe it would be foolish not to explore some kind of collaboration.

Why should we (the SPA and its membership) make the SEPF stronger than it currently is in Scotland?

Of course it does, if the choice policy is removed, it has the potential to strengthen a "rival organisation (SEPF)", what benefits does that bring to the Scottish Pool Association.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: Dek, 17-08-2010 11:22 AM (#109)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
I know this topic will come up for discussion yet again at the SPA AGM but what I can see here is that people are voicing their opinions based on what is best for them or people they support/sponsor, whatever.

On reading the whole forum I tend to agree with Bash and Ross, I have seen the effect in (to name but two) Northern Ireland and now Wales due to the fact they havent adopted similar choice policy to the SPA.

I do question the motives/reasons of some; although I am an advocate of everyone playing the same set of rules, albeit I believe that this direction needs to come from governing body level, ie. WPA/WEPF.

Hi Yvonne,

Ross has already stated on numorous occasions that the chances of The EBA/WPA/EEPF & WEPF getting together are slim to none.
We in Scotland dont have to wait for that do we?
The SPA & The SEPF can still run as seperate bodies and do their own thing and choose to play whichever ruleset they want.
Perhaps if we did talk to each other and aired our views around a table instead of going round in circles on websites then maybe some progress can be made.
If the SPA dont want that then thats fine, but it then poses questions about the sincerity of a certain individuals posts and views about saying he wants to unite the game.
We maybe cannot sort this out at world level.
But we can in Scotland.
I agree with Maxi that it seems to be that everyone on here just thinks it is about Blackpool. It is not. One of your most prominent players
Pat Holtz played in the SEPF/WEPF set up for years.
If Pat wished to do that again then because of the choice policy he couldn't.
This policy is therefore stopping an individual from potential earnings and I would question that if somebody actually broke the choice policy and were punished / banned by the SPA if they could then take legal advice.
This is the last post that I will be putting on here with regards to the subject. I originally put on the post with the wish to arranging some sort of meeting to try and build some bridges between the 2 organisations and set down some new plans for our country going forward.
If the SPA want to discuss further then you have my details. If not then thank you for your time anyway.

ITS BEEN EMOTIONALShock
Dek
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:23 AM (#110)

maxi wrote:

Im not 100% sure, but will find out for you; I was playing so within the past 100 years!!
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: maxi, 17-08-2010 11:24 AM (#111)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
maxi wrote:
yvonne_ewing wrote:

Im sure the quote was "The SEPF don't have LD or PH categories. WR are not the easiest to grasp for new players". One of our sections has voiced concerns Maxi thats all, im jusy highlighting this.

But as I said this has absolutely nothing to do with the SPA if the SEPF don't have these divisions, jeezo, the SPA don't even run competitions for these divisions outwith their Scottish Singles which is actually a disgrace. Although I believe that is changing, it's taken long enough given they are in integral part of the SPA.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Staffe, 17-08-2010 11:27 AM (#112)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
maxi wrote:
yvonne_ewing wrote:

Yvonne that quote was made by Furrybeast one of the very few SPA followers in Aberdeen, just because SPA/SEPF have discussions it doesn't mean that any of your LD/PD set ups would change in any way shape or form.

Ross, its a bit disrespectful to say when referring to SEPF that it is Aberdeen based players only. Although I agree they are a smaller orginastion than the SPA, their numbers have increased and are to further increase in the very near future. Affilated leagues range from the borders to the Highlands.
It would be a bit like me saying the SPA is only for the Central belt Pfft
Staffe

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:28 AM (#113)

every section is an integral part of the SPA, not just the gents/open competitions.

- Gents
- Youths/Juniors/Under 21's
- Learning disability
- Physical disability
- Ladies
- Seniors

Not one more important than the other, an area that we all have to improve in.

All sections have to be taken care of in equal fashion, not just the top players but grassroots and new players too.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: Staffe, 17-08-2010 11:48 AM (#114)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
every section is an integral part of the SPA, not just the gents/open competitions.

- Gents
- Youths/Juniors/Under 21's
- Learning disability
- Physical disability
- Ladies
- Seniors

Not one more important than the other, an area that we all have to improve in.

All sections have to be taken care of in equal fashion, not just the top players but grassroots and new players too.

Yvonne it sounds like you have some internal issues with The SPA regarding above, sorry but I really dont see what that has to do with this thread and speaking to the SEPF

Have you known Ross a long time YvonneGrin

Edited by Staffe 17-08-2010 11:52 AM
Staffe

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:53 AM (#115)

Staffe - it was in reply to a post from Maxi but thanks for your comment lol.

Yes, ive known him for a very long time, you?

Edited by yvonne_ewing 17-08-2010 11:58 AM
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 17-08-2010 11:54 AM (#116)

Also - SPA for central belt, lets see; affiliated leagues from Stornoway to Dumfries/Berwick, big big central belt lol Pfft

Edited by yvonne_ewing 17-08-2010 12:00 PM
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: Silky198, 17-08-2010 12:05 PM (#117)

yvonne_ewing wrote:
Also - SPA for central belt, lets see; affiliated leagues from Stornoway to Dumfries/Berwick, big big central belt lol Pfft

Ok for SEPF then, affiliated leagues also from Dumfries up through Fife and up to Elgin, didn't realise Aberdeen was so big, need to change the geography books I thinkPfft
Silky198

by: Bash, 17-08-2010 12:16 PM (#118)

maxi wrote:

You keep banging on about this point - but I think the real question is when did the SPA become REALLY attractive to SEPF members? I think the answer to that question is less than 3 years......

Given that, and the fact that the choice policy has only been a barrier for a short time, we should absolutely keep it in place.

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

by: Bash, 17-08-2010 12:25 PM (#119)

Dek wrote:
Hi Yvonne,

Ross has already stated on numorous occasions that the chances of The EBA/WPA/EEPF & WEPF getting together are slim to none.
We in Scotland dont have to wait for that do we?
The SPA & The SEPF can still run as seperate bodies and do their own thing and choose to play whichever ruleset they want.
Perhaps if we did talk to each other and aired our views around a table instead of going round in circles on websites then maybe some progress can be made.
If the SPA dont want that then thats fine, but it then poses questions about the sincerity of a certain individuals posts and views about saying he wants to unite the game.
We maybe cannot sort this out at world level.
But we can in Scotland.
I agree with Maxi that it seems to be that everyone on here just thinks it is about Blackpool. It is not. One of your most prominent players
Pat Holtz played in the SEPF/WEPF set up for years.
If Pat wished to do that again then because of the choice policy he couldn't.
This policy is therefore stopping an individual from potential earnings and I would question that if somebody actually broke the choice policy and were punished / banned by the SPA if they could then take legal advice.
This is the last post that I will be putting on here with regards to the subject. I originally put on the post with the wish to arranging some sort of meeting to try and build some bridges between the 2 organisations and set down some new plans for our country going forward.
If the SPA want to discuss further then you have my details. If not then thank you for your time anyway.

ITS BEEN EMOTIONALShock

This has to be one of the worst posts ever on the topic. Are you serious? A player taking an association to court over loss of earnings on a rule that they were in full knowledge of when they joined??! So, by the same token could the guys on the IPA take Harwood to court for the rule where they cannot play in an event with more than 3k prizemoney without his explicit permission?

Aye, ATB.

There is no benefit for the SPA as an association - which is run by the players by the way, not by a few people - to allow their members to play SEPF events. There is goodness for the SEPF for the lifting of the SPA Choice Policy. That's what's at the crux of this matter. The rule is hurting the SEPF, so they clearly want it lifted.

More power to the elbow of the choice policy I say!

This is ludicruous. I mean, seriously. "Our players want to play your rules - so lift your policy, and if you don't then you clearly don't want advanacement of the game and we'll sully your people on websites". Are you having a laugh?!

It is all and only about Blackpool for the SPA members, maybe an extra few quid in the coffers for a select few. For the SEPF, I would guess that it's all about a number of your top players realising that they can play in quality events most weekends as part of the SPA. They can't as part of the SEPF - certainly not with the same type of prizemoney.

SPA officials, by all means talk to them - but that position has to be that the choice policy stays, they are welcome to fold and come over and join - I'm sure the SPA events would be better with more players and teams, but not at the cost of our market leading position.

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

by: martinc, 17-08-2010 12:25 PM (#120)

Bash wrote:
maxi wrote:

You keep banging on about this point - but I think the real question is when did the SPA become REALLY attractive to SEPF members? I think the answer to that question is less than 3 years......

Given that, and the fact that the choice policy has only been a barrier for a short time, we should absolutely keep it in place.

I think the SEPF / Aberdeen whatever you want it called is also very attractive to the SPA, given the amount of discussion that goes on about it, a couple of prominent members were up to visit Aberdeen only a few months back to promote the SPA to myself and a few of the players that were there, and Ross has arranged an ISP event in Aberdeen, whic hi know a few of the guys are looking forward to.
martinc

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

Render time: 0.84 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 68,846,559 unique visits