An Invite from the SEPF
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

An Invite from the SEPF
by: maxi, 11-05-2011 01:25 PM (#1061)

HARTIE wrote:
If the SPA were to accept this offer will they be able to include players on the team who completed at the European Masters in Bridlington 2011

I believe so Trevor

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

RE: An Invite from the SEPF
by: HARTIE, 11-05-2011 03:33 PM (#1062)

maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
If the SPA were to accept this offer will they be able to include players on the team who completed at the European Masters in Bridlington 2011

I believe so Trevor

Seems strange if this is the case because it says on the Welsh web site that the WEPF will not permit any Welsh A team player who played in the EBA Masters in Bridlington to play in a Welsh qualifing event to play in Individuals at Blackpool.

Odd how the WEPF can accept some players from one country who played in the Masters but yet refuse others from another country
HARTIE

by: maxi, 11-05-2011 03:41 PM (#1063)

HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:

I believe so Trevor

Seems strange if this is the case because it says on the Welsh web site that the WEPF will not permit any Welsh A team player who played in the EBA Masters in Bridlington to play in a Welsh qualifing event to play in Individuals at Blackpool.

Odd how the WEPF can accept some players from one country who played in the Masters but yet refuse others from another country

I can only assume because they would have expected those that played last year at the WEPF worlds to have not played BB again.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: HARTIE, 11-05-2011 03:56 PM (#1064)

maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:

I believe so Trevor

I can only assume because they would have expected those that played last year at the WEPF worlds to have not played BB again.

Thanks Maxi.
HARTIE

by: Bash, 11-05-2011 05:06 PM (#1065)

Here's what you need to do.

Get rid of BI.
Tell the WPA what Marshall has done in Brid.
Inform them that no-one will play again unless it's run properly.
Get him out.
Change venue.
Reduce squad sizes to 5's for the A's and offer free entry (or other incentives) to new nations joining.
Forget the whole olympic thing - that's a pipe dream for now.
If anything look to other commonwealth nations for entries.
Contact someone in that organization looking for assistance and contacts.
Start fundraising through the EBA website between now and the next event.
Hold an event outside of England.
Have proper business people promote the event.
Subcontract the top table to those who can be trusted - some existing and some new.
Advertise properly.
Get a full live stream, if not TV.
Get matches recorded, as well as streamed.
Have 2 TV tables - with sponsors hoardings.
Reduce the scale of the event, until we can provide a quality product with smaller numbers.
Have a singles event with prequalifiers at a lesser fee..... then entry at the event for a higher price.
have a one frme challenge - poker satelite style to get a big prize fund. Winner takes all, so you get publicity.
Have a financial statement prepared for all to see when the event finishes.
Have forecast before the event starts.
Take non returnable entry fees.
Have guaranteed prizefunds.
Have quality live scoring/Twitter feeds, etc.
Stop doing things that look cheap and tacky.

When you've done that, you should have a decent event.

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

by: maxi, 11-05-2011 05:16 PM (#1066)

Whens your flight Bash bye

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Bash, 11-05-2011 05:26 PM (#1067)

Fortunately the internet is a global phenomenon Maxi, so I'll be able to burst your dial from anywhere neebs....... Wink

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

by: Lucky Eightball, 11-05-2011 06:24 PM (#1068)

[quote]maxi wrote:
Blackball is massive in South Africa and growing very quickly throughout all the African Nations with their governments backing them.

Look at the teams which used to play WR and attend the Worlds in Blackpool, the likes of Uganda, South Africa, Kenya etc

None of them now attend as they have moved over to Blackball.

[quote]

Don't know where you getting this from Maxi. Uganda played at Blackpool in 2010 and are playing again this year. They struggle to get there every year and one guy last year did not even own this own cue, I felt sorry for the bloke.
South Africa did not play last year simply because the cost of air fares increased ten fold due to the World Cup being held in South Africa the same week as the WEPF worlds making it impossible. South Africa stay in the B&B next door to Scotland year in year out. The only African member of the WPA that I know of is the Congo who are a rouge state with a truly appalling human rights record.
Lucky Eightball
General Member

by: furrybeast, 11-05-2011 06:36 PM (#1069)

Lucky Eightball wrote:Uganda played at Blackpool in 2010

Not often you're right, but hey, guess what?

http://www.wepf.o...Tables.php

Aberdeen IM/Area Rep
furrybeast

by: Laura C, 11-05-2011 06:51 PM (#1070)

Renzie, don't click on that link, you won't like it, it has individual stats on it for heavens sake!! Eek! Shock
Laura C
General Member

by: maxi, 11-05-2011 06:54 PM (#1071)

Laura C wrote:
Renzie, don't click on that link, you won't like it, it has individual stats on it for heavens sake!! Eek! Shock

Don't your swear at Renzie!

He's a good friend of mine. comfort

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: HARTIE, 11-05-2011 08:54 PM (#1072)

maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:

I believe so Trevor

No it seems to be all players who played for the Welsh A team at Bridlington 2011 are not permitted to enter these qualifiers, it is not in specific reference to those who played in WEPF world championships last year and then played in the EBA masters this year. Really is strange.
HARTIE

by: knowledge, 11-05-2011 09:47 PM (#1073)

Lucky Eightball wrote:
[quote]maxi wrote:
Blackball is massive in South Africa and growing very quickly throughout all the African Nations with their governments backing them.

Look at the teams which used to play WR and attend the Worlds in Blackpool, the likes of Uganda, South Africa, Kenya etc

None of them now attend as they have moved over to Blackball.

[quote]

Don't know where you getting this from Maxi. Uganda played at Blackpool in 2010 and are playing again this year. They struggle to get there every year and one guy last year did not even own this own cue, I felt sorry for the bloke.
South Africa did not play last year simply because the cost of air fares increased ten fold due to the World Cup being held in South Africa the same week as the WEPF worlds making it impossible. South Africa stay in the B&B next door to Scotland year in year out. The only African member of the WPA that I know of is the Congo who are a rouge state with a truly appalling human rights record.

The rouge states are the worst!

Maxi, I keep reading that BB is the growing the world over, given your input on other thread recently, are there any STATS to back this up?
knowledge
General Member

by: maxi, 11-05-2011 10:11 PM (#1074)

There were 32 African nations scheduled to play at the all African Blackball Championships and this is an interesting snippet from the South African Blackball Assocation when we are told SA "always" attend Blackpool:-

Blackball-pool is the only discipline of pool, on the small (7 foot) table, that is recognised by the Continental and World Pool structures and the South African Sporting Authorities, viz. the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) and Sport and Recreation South Africa (SRSA). The NBF is an affiliate of the South African Confederation of Cue Sports (SACCS), the All Africa Pool Association (AAPA), the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA), the World Confederation of Billiard Sports (WCBS) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Hence Blackball-pool is the only discipline of pool on the small table in South Africa that is eligible for Provincial and National Colours.

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 11-05-2011 10:13 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: furrybeast, 11-05-2011 10:17 PM (#1075)

Take a little look at JJ's waistcoat...

a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6253_106504617831_667057831_2110370_7593123_n.jpg

Under the logo, you will see the word "England"

PSA players are not permitted to wear official South African colours

Aberdeen IM/Area Rep
furrybeast

by: furrybeast, 11-05-2011 10:42 PM (#1076)

A few pics from last years South African Blackball Championships (well about a 100!)

I think you can safely say that BB in SA is the predominant force.

http://www.flickr...445366584/

Aberdeen IM/Area Rep
furrybeast

by: Lucky Eightball, 12-05-2011 07:01 PM (#1077)

furrybeast wrote:
Take a little look at JJ's waistcoat...

a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6253_106504617831_667057831_2110370_7593123_n.jpg

Under the logo, you will see the word "England"

PSA players are not permitted to wear official South African colours

Nonsense the word England refers to the location of the event as you well know. I personally wore a team polo shirt at the European Championships with a Scottish badge EEPF and Malta. I assume that makes me Malteser by your logic?
Lucky Eightball
General Member

by: scottwindow, 13-05-2011 08:48 PM (#1078)

hi guys and gals as a blackball player its great reading this site and the attempts from the sepf trying to gain there numbers in bonnyland.

righty ok im from england so me reading this has some poits that makes me feel we are not far dis familiar!!!

sepf clear and simple have been told by the epa/wepf/ipa george to try and upset the ballance of wot your spa brilliantly have done over the yrs. ok spa have choice rule!! not 1 i like but understand why!! epa in england have the same rule as spa so i if good enuff couldnt partake in epa/wepf tours superleagues and county . not league as they dont have the clear right to tell leagues wot they should do.

i apeal to spa players to hold firm as wepf lost there major backing from fosters ,have no live pool only streams,and puts presure on its players in england and venues to heed george h warning or be punished !!! does wepf really think its not growing bb????? they must be daft!!! its growing at such a rate that all feds are having to adapt to cope with the rise!!

more and more are going bb from epa/wepf yes some are moving to epa/wepf but in real terms bb is getting on a roll atm and see no signs of stopping, so lads keep the faith and be sure bb is the future and not run by 1 guy that thretens its players to the extream .... shame on sepf really just join the spa and relise soon it will be just as big as wepf in the uk!!!

bb is pushing up from south england and is growing faster than anyother code so please dont think going epa/sepf is the way forward it just isnt!! 8 new county sides and 10 new leagues playing bb pool in 2 yrs cant be slow! yes alot of ground needs to be made up but with more w/rules now playing in leagues and moving to bb county level its cant be wrong..

sorry for talking england but i feel uk and bb is on a real move now so sorry if i offended you all...
scottwindow
General Member

by: alligator, 13-05-2011 09:38 PM (#1079)

GOOD POST M8.

wait and strike when the time is right
alligator

by: Claire, 14-05-2011 01:11 AM (#1080)

HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:

I believe so Trevor

No it seems to be all players who played for the Welsh A team at Bridlington 2011 are not permitted to enter these qualifiers, it is not in specific reference to those who played in WEPF world championships last year and then played in the EBA masters this year. Really is strange.
Claire

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018 16:38
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018 16:18
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.79 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,550,140 unique visits