Print Thread

An Invite from the SEPF
by: Claire, 14-05-2011 01:14 AM (#1081)

HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
maxi wrote:
HARTIE wrote:
If the SPA were to accept this offer will they be able to include players on the team who completed at the European Masters in Bridlington 2011

I believe so Trevor

Seems strange if this is the case because it says on the Welsh web site that the WEPF will not permit any Welsh A team player who played in the EBA Masters in Bridlington to play in a Welsh qualifing event to play in Individuals at Blackpool.

Odd how the WEPF can accept some players from one country who played in the Masters but yet refuse others from another country

I can only assume because they would have expected those that played last year at the WEPF worlds to have not played BB again.

No it seems to be all players who played for the Welsh A team at Bridlington 2011 are not permitted to enter these qualifiers, it is not in specific reference to those who played in WEPF world championships last year and then played in the EBA masters this year. Really is strange.

They have basically done a half ars-ed invite which in layman's terms is you can have a qualifier, pay 15 each towards wr team costs but only if you're average lol, priceless!
Claire

RE: An Invite from the SEPF
by: scottwindow, 14-05-2011 10:28 AM (#1082)

alligator wrote:
GOOD POST M8.

ty just makes me laugh sepf seems to think they can dangle the carrot and try and tempt the spa into taking your best to the wepf just makes me sick. spa have a smashing product here and i think there just trying to increase there numbers as everywhere else is starting to move over to bb.

the fact is more and more bb pool events are set up and w/rules players are starting to enter and like the rules. why would a area in the northeast have a big w/rules set up /league with 36 teams playing w/rules! but has its players playing county bb ebpf???? i will tell you why because wepf dont like the idea of bb in there areas!!!! believe me there just trying to scam you all.

while bb grows ,wepf shrinks and with more indy leagues choosing bb over epa doesnt fit well in there eyes.its just a matter of time before the epa have to sit down and join in to wot is being tried to do in bb or combine without 1 man running pool !!! g/h makes me sick to think he controls the game he doesnt the players of pool do!just a different face on a hitler persona.lets be fiar about this in the uk its fast becoming bigger than epa ,yes england is massive but wot players need to undersatnd is epa 2 carry is still bigger than w/rules and here come the 3/1 bb leagues catching up....
scottwindow
General Member

by: scottwindow, 14-05-2011 10:50 AM (#1083)

this is wot will happen if bb players go to wepf worlds take your cash then when it comes to registering you wont get in ... quote epa/wepf rules on its webbsite

c.The National Committee will have the power to suspend the I.D/ Registration card of an individual who administers or plays in an event that is believed to be in direct competition with the English Pool Association until the disciplinary procedures are completed.

aka in other words we will take your cash dont be dupted,unless there going to relax there rule to put a spanner in the works to put presure on the spa .

sad sad wepf and its gophers in the sepf shocking tactics

Edited by scottwindow 14-05-2011 10:52 AM
scottwindow
General Member

by: geordie, 15-05-2011 05:12 PM (#1084)

In response to Scottwindow's comments; The SEPF are not in any way being directed or instructed by the WEPF or anyone else. There is no hidden agenda whatsoever.

We simply want to sit down and see if we can find some common ground between the two bodies that might initially benefit pool across the country, regardless of rules.

Brad.
geordie
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 15-05-2011 06:14 PM (#1085)

Brad I am not trying to get at you or others in the SEPF but some of your officals say one thing and others say something else.

Can I give you one quote from Derek on the Aberdeen site, he says

The SEPF has a job to promote the game of WR in SCOTLAND and that is what they are trying to do.

The SPA job is the same except it is to promote BB in Scotland under the WPA banner, how can asking SPA players to go down to play in the WEPF WC help get one set of rules in Scotland, other than the these players coming back and trying to promote WR to their fellow players.

As Derek has said the SEPF have a job to do, well so have the SPA.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 15-05-2011 06:15 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: brocher, 25-05-2011 06:16 PM (#1086)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Brad I am not trying to get at you or others in the SEPF but some of your officals say one thing and others say something else.

Can I give you one quote from Derek on the Aberdeen site, he says

The SEPF has a job to promote the game of WR in SCOTLAND and that is what they are trying to do.

The SPA job is the same except it is to promote BB in Scotland under the WPA banner, how can asking SPA players to go down to play in the WEPF WC help get one set of rules in Scotland, other than the these players coming back and trying to promote WR to their fellow players.

As Derek has said the SEPF have a job to do, well so have the SPA.

hi ross
sorry ave been in hospital recently pal.
all i want as the chair of the SEPF is too get us round the same table. and together we get events in SCOTLAND where all the players can benefit from playing in the same events . i dont give a monkeys if its SPA or SEPF. was i not the the guy lately who put my nuts on the line asking the SPA guys to Blackpool?.

Grin

Edited by brocher 25-05-2011 06:32 PM
brocher
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 25-05-2011 07:44 PM (#1087)

Hope you are feeling all right now Mike.

Understand what you want Mike but getting players to play in events where there are two set of rules will not help develop the game in Scotland or for that matter the rest of the world.

Certain players who are members of the SPA would want that to happen as they could earn more money from playing in more events, the SEPF would also do much better by having a lot more players attending their events.
At this time the SPA players really have to many events anyway and the numbers attending these events are going down because of this, so really adding the SEPF events to the calender would maybe mean that other SPA events may lose out, again this would not help the SPA.

So really the only people who would benefit by changing the SPA policy would be the top SPA players and the SEPF, for that reason I do not think the SPA will change.

If however you wanted to sit down and discuss the way forward under the BB/WPA then I'm sure the SPA would do that, the benefits for the SPA would be far greater by having more players and new leagues joining and the SEPF players would benefits by playing in bigger and better events for far more money.

Now I know that as before the SEPF will start talking about International events like the WEPF WC having TV coverage and great prize money, I cannot disagree with that but that is only one comp per year and this year you can as the SEPF Chairman confirm to us all if the WC will be televised as I believe that as of today's date it will not.

The WEPF are going nowhere and I think you know this, just look how great the BB events are in Africa and they along with a lot more countries are taking on BB rules, even the English BB players/regions are growing far bigger now, they are fnally getting their act together, so for the benefit of the game let the SEPF and the SPA meet up after the WEPF WC sit down and discuss the way we can both get together under BB, I really think you are the man to do this.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 25-05-2011 07:46 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: brocher, 25-05-2011 09:50 PM (#1088)

FlyingScotsman wrote:

Understand what you want Mike but getting players to play in events where there are two set of rules will not help develop the game in Scotland or for that matter the rest of the world.

Certain players who are members of the SPA would want that to happen as they could earn more money from playing in more events, the SEPF would also do much better by having a lot more players attending their events.
At this time the SPA players really have to many events anyway and the numbers attending these events are going down because of this, so really adding the SEPF events to the calender would maybe mean that other SPA events may lose out, again this would not help the SPA.

So really the only people who would benefit by changing the SPA policy would be the top SPA players and the SEPF, for that reason I do not think the SPA will change.

If however you wanted to sit down and discuss the way forward under the BB/WPA then I'm sure the SPA would do that, the benefits for the SPA would be far greater by having more players and new leagues joining and the SEPF players would benefits by playing in bigger and better events for far more money.

Now I know that as before the SEPF will start talking about International events like the WEPF WC having TV coverage and great prize money, I cannot disagree with that but that is only one comp per year and this year you can as the SEPF Chairman confirm to us all if the WC will be televised as I believe that as of today's date it will not.

The WEPF are going nowhere and I think you know this, just look how great the BB events are in Africa and they along with a lot more countries are taking on BB rules, even the English BB players/regions are growing far bigger now, they are fnally getting their act together, so for the benefit of the game let the SEPF and the SPA meet up after the WEPF WC sit down and discuss the way we can both get together under BB, I really think you are the man to do this.

Grin
brocher
General Member

by: knowledge, 25-05-2011 11:43 PM (#1089)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
even the English BB players/regions are growing far bigger now, they are fnally getting their act together,

Ross, can I ask what you base this on?

This question was asked at the EBA AGM and Joe Flaherty was not as ebullient as yourself about this. Is this a recent development?

Irrespective of so called other nations, I don't think any ruleset has any credibilty at what is known as "English 8 ball", if it doesn't have England.
knowledge
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 26-05-2011 07:51 AM (#1090)

knowledge wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
even the English BB players/regions are growing far bigger now, they are fnally getting their act together,

This question was asked at the EBA AGM and Joe Flaherty was not as ebullient as yourself about this. Is this a recent development?

Irrespective of so called other nations, I don't think any ruleset has any credibilty at what is known as "English 8 ball", if it doesn't have England.

True John, I base this on what I have learned from not only the BB English body but from other people who have been working with BB in England.

Log on to cueclubinternational.com and have a look at what Peter and Scott are saying and you will see for yourself.
As for Joe, well I don't really want to comment on him, I would ask him to get some information from Mr Levens regarding this, hopefully some of the English BB boys will see this posts and come on here and confirm these things.
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 26-05-2011 08:42 AM (#1091)

Mike as the SEPF Chairman can you confirm if the WEPF WC will be televised by SKY sports.

I mean the two things that the Aberdeen boys and the rest tell you is that the prize money is great and it is televised, so it is a big question, can you answer it.
FlyingScotsman

by: Sh88ters Aberdeen, 26-05-2011 12:24 PM (#1092)

FlyingScotsman wrote:

Ross,

I have been a fan/ supporter of your for a very long time, but i can't understand why u are so blikerred.
You have stated several times over the years that you want what is best for Pool and the Pool players in Scotland.
Mike has thrown the olive branch to get together and try and see what IS actually best.

From what i have read, he has never 'preched' SEPF or World Rules on here, the way you do with Blackball and SPA.
I know you both have your reasons for thinking your own associations are the better, but give Mike his due, he is OPEN to the SPA argument and is willing to talk about BOTH rulesets and organisations.

All you seem to be doing is looking for excuses not to get together unless it BLACKBALL..

Ross, i ask you to sit down with the man and have an open conversation with him with no hidden agendas and see where it goes.

What harm can Scottish Pool and progress could come from that??
Sh88ters Aberdeen
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 26-05-2011 12:38 PM (#1093)

Andy unlike other bodies, it would not be me sitting down talking to Mike, it would be the SPA exec.

I have given you and Mike my thoughts on the subject, as for BbB rules, I would not give a monkeys uncle what rules there are as long as everyone plays them under the WPA banner.

That is the only way forward.

I have nothing against the SEPF boys and girls but give me a break, don't tell me two organisations, the SPA do not rely on other people or other bodies outside of Scotland, if the WEPF were to come over tomorrow under the WPA banner where and what would you have, I have tried to tell you and Mike but I don''t think you are getting it, ok it may take time but the WEPF are not going to be there much longer, the real members they have are looking at the WPA and BLACKBALL to take them to a much bigger level than they have ever had, like having the WC in their own country for one, that is why the Australians have informed the WEPF that this year is the last time they are coming over, just the same as the South Africans informed them last year.

You want a bigger picture, you want to sit down with the SPA, then do so but make the agenda one set of rules that is why I told Mike to come back after this years WEPF WC.

Lastly as I have said the WEPF is great and thanks for inviting the SPA to attend but seeing as Mike does not know or will not answer is the event televised?

Edited by FlyingScotsman 26-05-2011 12:40 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: Sh88ters Aberdeen, 26-05-2011 03:22 PM (#1094)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Andy unlike other bodies, it would not be me sitting down talking to Mike, it would be the SPA exec.

I have given you and Mike my thoughts on the subject, as for BbB rules, I would not give a monkeys uncle what rules there are as long as everyone plays them under the WPA banner.

That is the only way forward.

I have nothing against the SEPF boys and girls but give me a break, don't tell me two organisations, the SPA do not rely on other people or other bodies outside of Scotland, if the WEPF were to come over tomorrow under the WPA banner where and what would you have, I have tried to tell you and Mike but I don''t think you are getting it, ok it may take time but the WEPF are not going to be there much longer, the real members they have are looking at the WPA and BLACKBALL to take them to a much bigger level than they have ever had, like having the WC in their own country for one, that is why the Australians have informed the WEPF that this year is the last time they are coming over, just the same as the South Africans informed them last year.

You want a bigger picture, you want to sit down with the SPA, then do so but make the agenda one set of rules that is why I told Mike to come back after this years WEPF WC.

Lastly as I have said the WEPF is great and thanks for inviting the SPA to attend but seeing as Mike does not know or will not answer is the event televised?

Ross
i am nothing to do with SEPF or the WEPF, so I dont know.
All I do know ist that it had been televised in the past..

Seems you are just trying to be picky and so obsessed about running a whole organisation down on one technicality ?!?!
Sh88ters Aberdeen
General Member

by: furrybeast, 26-05-2011 04:06 PM (#1095)

To be fair Andy, Derek and the rest of the SEPF supporters made such a fuss last year about the fact that the WEPF WC gets televised, I'm not surprised Ross is having a wee dig back.

A year later, we have seen the BB worlds viewed by 7 million viewers and it now looks increasingly likely that the WEPF WC will only now be streamed.

To me, the WEPF are virtually dead in the water now, and as I've said on other forums - unless they use the remaining bargaining power they still have left, then the chances are they will simply fade away.

Anyone coming on here and saying the WEPF are not in serious decline, desperately needs a reality slap.

The EPA were up in arms last year about the extent they had to subsidise the event by each year - without a major sponsor that situation CANNOT be getting any better.

Aberdeen IM/Area Rep
furrybeast

by: PeteMcLoughlin, 26-05-2011 04:43 PM (#1096)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
knowledge wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:

True John, I base this on what I have learned from not only the BB English body but from other people who have been working with BB in England.

Log on to cueclubinternational.com and have a look at what Peter and Scott are saying and you will see for yourself.
As for Joe, well I don't really want to comment on him, I would ask him to get some information from Mr Levens regarding this, hopefully some of the English BB boys will see this posts and come on here and confirm these things.

The EBPF North region was set up in August 2008 and held only two counties (Cheshire and Greater Manchester). Two years later there are now 7 teams in the A team division and 6 teams in the B team section. This means that the top 3 teams in the A team division and the top 2 teams in the B divison will qualify for the national finals which are held in Selsey in March. The first fixtures have just been completed and i am happy to state that all the games were played in a sporting manner and too a good standard. The North West region has their own website hosted by League republic and i maintain this website. The website has all the group fixtures/results, individuals stats, region rankings for england trials and all infromation regarding the tour and important information in correlation with the North West region.

Here is the link for the North West regions website:

http://northernblackball.leaguerepublic.com/

The North West region has also created a forum for all the blackball members and to dicuss and talk about all things blackball. This forum started off slowly (like any forum) but now has 99 members and more and more people are joining and chatting on their. At the end of the day Blackball pool should be a community and we should all get a long and have a good crack together so please get on there and post away.

Here is the link for North West blackball forum:

http://blackballpool.proboards.com/index.cgi

The main EBPF website is now being updated more ofter by the regional directors and county co-ordinators. This is great as the results are up to date, however there is no push to try and get more members on to that site and the forum is poor as very little personal use it.

The next date in the North West regarding blackball pool is the first tour event. It is held in Rileys Altrincham, Greater Manchester and we host a u21s, womens, seniors and open event all on one day. We are hoping for a popular event with hopefully getting 64 players in the open event.

I have not come on here to boast about what we have done in the north west region for blackball pool and please do not take it as i have, i just want to continue to show to people that improvement and expanding can be done and with time blackball COULD be the one rule set that every pool player plays. I am not naive to start saying blackball will be the main organisation in England in the next 5 years as it is obvious the EPA is a lot more advanced than the EBPF at the moment. However, the EBPF does provide an alternative to players who want to play pool and enjoy their pool in England.

Reading about South Africa and how they conduct their pool in their country in the last couple of days is inspiring too me tbh and makes me think that maybe all pool players could one day play blackball together. I could be very wrong. Then Ross tells me to come on this website and looking at the setup in Scotland this has impressed me a lot and the players should be very greatful to have such a good setup and should not forget that really. I have played at Bridlington in the under 18s side and when you look at the Scottish and Welsh teams you do see a lot more organisation to their teams and this is right from the grass roots in my opinion, no disrespect to the people who run the international squads in England.

I will keep my opinions on the people who are higher than me in the EBPF to myself but i hope they have the same ambitions as i do, because if they do not they shouldent be in the position they are.

I will not get into debates about the two different codes as i really do not see the point. I have seen/heard all the arguements and debates and i have my own opinions on the matter. It would be nice to see everyone come together and play one code but i honestly cannot see it happening in England, it may do in other countries (Scotland). I just want what is best for the pool player and atm i believe that is playing blackball as one big community

Regards Peter McLoughlin

Edited by PeteMcLoughlin 26-05-2011 04:53 PM
PeteMcLoughlin
General Member

by: maxi, 26-05-2011 04:50 PM (#1097)

Made your links clickable for you, people can be too lazy to cut and paste Wink

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: walt jabsco, 30-06-2012 11:19 PM (#1098)

No disrespect to the SEPF here...... I've just started to get used to the WR side of the game since my local league took them on and they are not a patch on what Blackball can offer...... If TV/SKY want bang bang pool it's here waiting.......
walt jabsco
General Member

by: Triple xXx, 01-07-2012 01:41 AM (#1099)

BB or nothing especially wen it comes to tv a more open attractive game..
Triple xXx
General Member

by: Davie-RFC1, 01-07-2012 06:53 PM (#1100)

After playing world rules competitively for the first time I actually like them and I think the better players will win more often in world rules where as if your a good potter and bash balls about in BB and get the rub you can beat anyone. Would love it for something to get sorted out whether it be one set of rules or two sets with playing whatever rules you want. If this happens I think pool would start to progress really fast instead of the way it is just now. Ive been told many times it will stay the same because of a fall out with Ross and George Harwood can someone tell me if this is the main reason? Just wondering cause I spoke to George for a while down Blackpool.

The DG is back !! Smile
Davie-RFC1

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.59 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,354,655 unique visits