· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ General
An Invite from the SEPF
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

An Invite from the SEPF
by: FlyingScotsman, 01-07-2012 07:38 PM (#1101)

Well what did he tell you then Davy.
FlyingScotsman

RE: An Invite from the SEPF
by: Davie-RFC1, 01-07-2012 10:22 PM (#1102)

He said he would rather everyone of the best players played together whatever the rules 'Ros'

The DG is back !! Smile
Davie-RFC1

by: FlyingScotsman, 01-07-2012 10:25 PM (#1103)

Davie-RFC1 wrote:
He said he would rather everyone of the best players played together whatever the rules 'Ros'

After speaking to him for a WHILE all he said was he would rather have the best players play together whatever the rules, I thought the IPA players were the best at WRs and yet they decided to leave the WEPF, was that my fault as well Ryan or did they decide that they had enough of GH as well.
FlyingScotsman

by: Davie-RFC1, 01-07-2012 10:36 PM (#1104)

So is the choice policy in place because you had had enough of GH?

The DG is back !! Smile
Davie-RFC1

by: FlyingScotsman, 01-07-2012 10:40 PM (#1105)

Davie-RFC1 wrote:
So is the choice policy in place because you had had enough of GH?

LOL another one who does not know what he is talking about, why not come to an SPA meeting and tell all those REps that voted for the choice policy every time it comes up that they are only sheep and see how far that gets you.
FlyingScotsman

by: maxi, 02-07-2012 08:50 AM (#1106)

Ryan dont be blinded because GH puts on a good event, everyone has always said he is especially good at that.

I have witnessed first hand the way GH operates, i tried to organise a top event with 16 IPA Pros, 16 PPPO Pros and rest filled with qualifiers.

Went down to Blackpool and had a few meetings with GH who was initially supportive as long as he got to pick the 16 IPA players.

I was playing the event to BB.

First compromise he demanded was alternate years, one BB, one WR, i agreed.

Then after this was all agreed and going ahead with BB year played in Scotland and WR year played across the border, he then dropped the bombshell that it must be WR first year!!!

So again i reluctantly agreed. About a month later he phones me up and says at their meeting the IPA players stated they didnt want to play BB so event could still go ahead but if it was BB the second year they wouldnt attend.

This was devasting news but i was still going to carry on, then decided to speak to another committee member who i had initial discussions with before speaking to GH and they told me not one mention of this event at the meeting!!!

Thats the kind of guy GH is. So i immediately pulled the plug as i couldnt work with someone like that.

At least Ross is always up front and i have never experienced anything remotely similar with Ross.

I also had long phone calls with GH a year or two ago regarding everyone playing together and perhaps the WEPF running WR under the WPA banner, he said he has absolutely no interest in the WPA and wouldnt consider joining together with BB.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007

Edited by maxi 02-07-2012 08:52 AM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Davie-RFC1, 02-07-2012 11:13 AM (#1107)

Cheers Maxi that's what I was wanting to know, funnily enough thats why I was asking the questions to find out where this started as Ive not been playing pool for years and im only 20 years old. You can only take someone at face value and at least when I spoke to GH he was civil with me and didnt tell me I was a joke cause I disagreed with him and the rest of the things he said to Mulvay and that I didn't know what I was talking about cause I asked a few questions.

The DG is back !! Smile
Davie-RFC1

by: maxi, 02-07-2012 11:17 AM (#1108)

Thats true Grin

But at least Ross is honest and up front with his opinions. He doesn't do things behind your back.

I was the same as you, when I had the couple of meetings with him I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about as he seems very honest and forward with his opinion.

But lesson learned.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: shanizzo, 02-07-2012 01:14 PM (#1109)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Well what did he tell you then Davy.

Give him a wee phone Ross, just tell him you're on for your quinquennial catch up call.

Tell him if he didn't stay so far away, you would've popped in for coffee & croissants.

He's not stuck, he's got paralysis by analysis!!!
shanizzo
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 02-07-2012 02:20 PM (#1110)

The funny thing is Antz, I get on great with GH, we have a different opinion on how the game should develop but I have no where near the power that that man has, I do not sit on any board, I don't tell anyone what to do but still people think that this is a me and George thing.

Yes I believe that the choice policy that the SPA is the right way for the SPA to go but is that any different in the banning policy that the EPA and George have with their English players.

What you should all know is that Chris Haill who started an on line cue mag, asked George to meet me and discuss the future of the game, it was to be shown live on the internet so that anyone could watch.

George answer to him was no thanks, why because he does not want us all together, he would be the one that would lose control not me because I don't have any.

I want us all together, under one set of rules, under one governing body, he does not as then it would be open to us all to promote any event and he does not want that, even though as you can see he is really good at what he does.

Lastly just ask the IPA Pros why they asked him to leave, they were having good events but no growth, nothing changing, they went their own way and are doing a great job, if they decide to change to BB in future years then who knows, perhaps that will be the change that starts us all getting together.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 02-07-2012 02:20 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 02-07-2012 07:09 PM (#1111)

#32 Posted :02 July 2012 16:46:04

ThankQuote

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 67 post(s)

Ok, this is what happened. I had two meetings organised in Preston area and seeing as a number of very good friends of mine were in the UK, I had organised with them to meet at the hotel.

I therefore arrived, said a few hello's, but at no point did I present or discuss the On Q World Champs with anyone.

It did become clear that my attendance was causing the organisers a few concerns when their AGM was halted members of the committee started to follow me around the hotel. One particular official wass was particularly funny with his John Cleese detective attempt, sneaking around pillars etc.

WEPF President Joe Fanto sat opposite me in the lobby area, whilst Mr G.E Harwood rushed to reception to request the attendance of the Hotel General Manager. (At no point did any official approach me)

I returned to the ball room to watch a former team mate in action, who was competing in the Menís singles, when the GM arrived on my shoulder, flanked by G.E Harwood.

The GM stated it was a private function room and was being hired by G.E Harwood who was not willing to receive me at said function.

I simply agreed with the GM, based widely on my knowledge of hotel management procedures, and left the ball room returning to the lobby. The GM then asked me to leave the building, I asked why this was and he simply looked at me and said "I am just the hotel manager and in the middle of this, I would appreciate your assistance" seeing as the guy was very polite and I could see he felt very awkward about the situation I left.

My friends who'd arranged to meet with me at the hotel all visited me at the Hilton Hotel next door instead. Bu, one very close friend visiting from Overseas then advised me the following day that she had been presented photos of us having a conversation whilst sitting on a bench. These photos were taken by a WEPF official who was, as it now appears, actually following me and noting down names of all I spoke too.

These individuals all contacted me the following day to tell me the same story and that they were advised they not allowed to talk to me, and had actually been questioned about our conversation.

I have since forwarded this information to my solicitor who tells me an invasion of privacy has taken place, amongst other things. I have witnesses and documentation from various previous meetings and AGM's at which I have been discussed, both as an individual and as a promoter. False information and lies have been spread by certain individuals who I can only guess fear the natural development of the sport, and that this will ultimately lead to their individual goals being affected.

Just one post from the Cuue Club Website.

You can take from it what you like?
FlyingScotsman

by: mct, 04-07-2012 12:32 AM (#1112)

I take from it - Drama Queens and overreaction mixed with panic and stupidity.Grin
mct

by: Dek, 12-07-2012 12:36 PM (#1113)

Couldnt get on the WC Thread so will post on here.

Well done to Ryan on becoming World Champion at both codes. Met him for the first time in Blackpool and him and Mulvey are both nice lads and great players.
Cannot for the life of me understand why this guy is getting a hard time on here from some just because he had the balls to stick 2 fingers up to the rulemakers and do what he wanted to do. Play Pool.
Well done mate and hope to see you at future events.
You never know if there are more players that have your attitude and desire we may have to start Region 6.
Dek
General Member

by: maxi, 12-07-2012 12:44 PM (#1114)

Dek wrote:

Well done to Ryan on becoming World Champion at both codes. Met him for the first time in Blackpool and him and Mulvey are both nice lads and great players.
Cannot for the life of me understand why this guy is getting a hard time on here from some just because he had the balls to stick 2 fingers up to the rulemakers and do what he wanted to do. Play Pool.
You never know if there are more players that have your attitude and desire we may have to start Region 6.

Who is giving Ryan a hard time?

He made his CHOICE, well done to winning the event, congratulated him in person.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: FlyingScotsman, 12-07-2012 02:16 PM (#1115)

maxi wrote:
Dek wrote:

Who is giving Ryan a hard time?

He made his CHOICE, well done to winning the event, congratulated him in person.

If anyone is giving Ryan a hard time then most likey people would say it was me but I'm not.

As Ryan has said, he came on here and was asking questions about the choice policy, I answered him, that is all we disagree, just as I disagree with your views Derek.

Did Ryan do well at the WEPF World, of course he did and I to congratulated him in person on Sunday when I saw him in Hustlers, anyone winning a title like that has done great.
FlyingScotsman

by: knowledge, 12-07-2012 02:55 PM (#1116)

They're just beelin Ross. We got a double world champ and they got Dawg!
knowledge
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 12-07-2012 02:57 PM (#1117)

knowledge wrote:

Wish that was the case John but they have got the double world champion but on the other hand as you say they have also got the Dawg.
FlyingScotsman

by: martinc, 12-07-2012 03:10 PM (#1118)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
knowledge wrote:

Wish that was the case John but they have got the double world champion but on the other hand as you say they have also got the Dawg.

you want him back we're all DAWG'ed out up here Smile
martinc

by: maxi, 12-07-2012 03:19 PM (#1119)

martinc wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
knowledge wrote:

you want him back we're all DAWG'ed out up here Smile

We will vote out the Choice policy if you agree to keep him up there Wink

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: DAWG, 12-07-2012 04:42 PM (#1120)

Just read all this.

My response is "LOL"

DAWG
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018 16:38
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018 16:18
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.97 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,514,007 unique visits