An Invite from the SEPF
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

An Invite from the SEPF
by: maxi, 13-08-2010 05:25 PM (#21)

Bash wrote:
Who's adding things now??! I said that the Super's events have been full for some years now - and now you start bring in points with regards to what teams are entering??!

Wake up, neebs.

Read the item below Bash:-

Erlend wrote:

Super 15 B Pettycur Bay 26th to 28th Nov
Three places remain,contact Ross Mcinnes(teams must have an A team at Craig Tara to enter.first come first served

1 MOTHERWELL
2 MID LOTHIAN
3 MONKLANDS
4 DUMFRIES
5 KILSYTH
6 EAST KILBRIDE A
7 WHITBURN
8 GLASGOW A
9 ARBROATH
10 EAST FIFE
11 DUNFERMLINE B
12 FALKIRK
13 CENTRAL AYRSHIRE A
14 DUNFERMLINE A
15 EAST KIBRIDE B
16 GLASGOW B
17 CENTRAL AYRSHIRE B

Concentrate on the section I highlighted in bold just to help you out as you seem pretty dense these days.

So do you still stick by they are always full?

They weren't filled at the last meeting which was the closing date.

And there is plenty room for more teams if you hold both event at Craig Tara, that means 32 teams at each for the 15's and 48 teams at each come the 11's.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

RE: An Invite from the SEPF
by: Bash, 13-08-2010 05:51 PM (#22)

Staffe wrote:
Bash, what gives you the right to even suggest the SEPF should fold, do you know anything about what is going on with them just now. no is the answer.

Well, what gives you the right to suggest that the SPA should change policy?

Serve no master, but your own ambition.
Bash

by: Bash, 13-08-2010 05:52 PM (#23)

maxi wrote:
Bash wrote:
Who's adding things now??! I said that the Super's events have been full for some years now - and now you start bring in points with regards to what teams are entering??!

Wake up, neebs.

Read the item below Bash:-

Erlend wrote:

Super 15 B Pettycur Bay 26th to 28th Nov
Three places remain,contact Ross Mcinnes(teams must have an A team at Craig Tara to enter.first come first served

1 MOTHERWELL
2 MID LOTHIAN
3 MONKLANDS
4 DUMFRIES
5 KILSYTH
6 EAST KILBRIDE A
7 WHITBURN
8 GLASGOW A
9 ARBROATH
10 EAST FIFE
11 DUNFERMLINE B
12 FALKIRK
13 CENTRAL AYRSHIRE A
14 DUNFERMLINE A
15 EAST KIBRIDE B
16 GLASGOW B
17 CENTRAL AYRSHIRE B

Concentrate on the section I highlighted in bold just to help you out as you seem pretty dense these days.

So do you still stick by they are always full?

They weren't filled at the last meeting which was the closing date.

And there is plenty room for more teams if you hold both event at Craig Tara, that means 32 teams at each for the 15's and 48 teams at each come the 11's.

Yep, I stick by the fact that there are atleast 32 teams for the Supers.

Bash

by: bagpuss, 13-08-2010 05:55 PM (#24)

Bash wrote:
HUTCHIE wrote:
Pool players aren't concerned regarding politics but unfortunately continually are effected by them,as in this case.Surely the choice policy is in breach of individuals freedom of choice?

If people prefer either ruleset for one reason or another surely it is their prerogative?I can only see positives for both organisations if choice policy is abolished,first and foremost for the players who should be the main concern in this issue?

With an opinion like that, you'll probably be from Fife!

Can you explain the relevance of your comment bash?

Does it matter where he is from. I am not into analysing every post you have made but you are clearly wrong in stating that lifting the choice policy would only benefit the top SPA players. Hutchies comments, of which to an extent i agree, contradict your opinion. Neither of us are anywhere near top players and it would certainly benefit us.
How about another counter proposal. Why dont the SPA fold and join the SEPF and unite the rule set? About as much chance as your counter proposal, i would guess?
bagpuss

by: Macleod00, 13-08-2010 06:03 PM (#25)

Lets face it, its not abnormal for Bash to start handing out abuse when hes been backed into a corner. I imagine that because the choice policy doesn't affect him or his own area he will be negative about any suggestion of its removal.

Edited by Macleod00 13-08-2010 06:04 PM
Macleod00
General Member

by: secretary, 13-08-2010 06:18 PM (#26)

maxi wrote:

Perhaps you will remember just a few months ago when Ross had to call round various leagues etc just to try and FILL the Super 11 A event at Craig Tara because it was short of something like 2 or 3 teams......

Selective memory I think.

the reason there was spaces was..... that teams (24) were allowedto choose Pettycur Bay 'B' event
secretary
General Member

by: maxi, 13-08-2010 09:35 PM (#27)

secretary wrote:
maxi wrote:

Perhaps you will remember just a few months ago when Ross had to call round various leagues etc just to try and FILL the Super 11 A event at Craig Tara because it was short of something like 2 or 3 teams......

the reason there was spaces was..... that teams (24) were allowedto choose Pettycur Bay 'B' event

Which meant we didnt have the superleague events full, just like at the meeting last month...

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: knowledge, 13-08-2010 10:48 PM (#28)

secretary wrote:
maxi wrote:

Which in itself was a joke.
knowledge
General Member

by: alligator, 13-08-2010 11:32 PM (#29)

it can do no harm to sit with the sepf guys and see what they are saying.

wait and strike when the time is right
alligator

by: HUTCHIE, 14-08-2010 01:07 PM (#30)

Bash wrote:
HUTCHIE wrote:
Pool players aren't concerned regarding politics but unfortunately continually are effected by them,as in this case.Surely the choice policy is in breach of individuals freedom of choice?

If people prefer either ruleset for one reason or another surely it is their prerogative?I can only see positives for both organisations if choice policy is abolished,first and foremost for the players who should be the main concern in this issue?

Nice reply Bash avoiding all three questions i asked,unlike you not to have an answer?
HUTCHIE

by: Bash, 14-08-2010 04:19 PM (#31)

bagpuss wrote:
Bash wrote:
HUTCHIE wrote:

Can you explain the relevance of your comment bash?

Does it matter where he is from. I am not into analysing every post you have made but you are clearly wrong in stating that lifting the choice policy would only benefit the top SPA players. Hutchies comments, of which to an extent i agree, contradict your opinion. Neither of us are anywhere near top players and it would certainly benefit us.
How about another counter proposal. Why dont the SPA fold and join the SEPF and unite the rule set? About as much chance as your counter proposal, i would guess?

I can explain it yes. This comes up almost every year these days, and 9/10 times it's raised by something from Fife. Simples.

Ok, so you've said that it would specifically benefit yourself and Hutchie. Please list 3 things that it would do for you personally which could be regarded as positive.

As for your tongue in cheek proposal - why would the dominant player fold? That's just silly. Please only post if you have something worth reading to say.

Bash

by: Bash, 14-08-2010 04:24 PM (#32)

Macleod00 wrote:
Lets face it, its not abnormal for Bash to start handing out abuse when hes been backed into a corner. I imagine that because the choice policy doesn't affect him or his own area he will be negative about any suggestion of its removal.

Backed into a corner? Ok, we'll get back to that. First off, let's deal with these.....

Why is it abuse to say that someone is from Fife?
Do you hate Fifers?
Do you have a hidden agenda against Fife?
What is it you find abusive about Fife?

Once you've dealt with those....

Those choice policy doesn't put me up or down as a player. Would I play WR through choice, no. I've played the ruleset here (among friends) and in England in events, and I didn't like them one bit.

Does it impact my area - maybe. I'm sure a few of the top players that play in my teams would relish the chance to play some WR events for the chance at more cash.

However, I still maintain that the SPA must get something from the exchange in order to change their ruling. I believe that the choice policy has been very bad for the SEPF, and as they are the competing association in Scotland for the entries of players - I say have at them. Point being that there are only so many weekends in the year, there are so many events that players can play in. The SPA calendar is essentially full as is, so if you open it up, SPA players will have to choose between events.

Why would reducing entries be a good thing for the SPA?

This is a complete non-argument. Period.

Bash

by: Bash, 14-08-2010 04:31 PM (#33)

HUTCHIE wrote:
Bash wrote:
HUTCHIE wrote:

Nice reply Bash avoiding all three questions i asked,unlike you not to have an answer?

Freedom of choice - the inidividual has one. They can play in the events of one association or another. Simple.

Yes, if they prefer WR they can play WR. If they prefer Blackball, they play Blackball. Again simple.

The association is the most important thing. I'll explain why - there will always be people wanting to play pool. Everywhere. That's just the way it is. There will be people wanting to enter events to prove themselves, to win cash, or for other reasons.

If an association gets itself into strife, or a competitive situation (that could have been avoided) then it will lose players. the less players, the less events. the less events the less attraction to be a part of that association. The less attraction, then the association folds - eventually, and in the worst case.

Please explain the positives to the SPA from a lifting of the choice policy.

Let's face it, the only thing that the SEPF have is the Worlds in Blackpool. Great event. Which they self package for TV. Good prizemoney, and it's on TV they get good sponsors. That's it. The Scottish events are not a patch on the SPA - this is cause the SEPF do not have the player mass that the SPA do (to my earlier point) - and given that, why should the SPA give them a leg up?

Continue with the choice policy. Let the SEPF take teams to the Worlds which are a shadow of what they could be. Rumours are abound that those worlds will run out of funding for the TV packaging, and as such, will become SIGNIFICANTLY less atractive. Where do you go then?

Bash

by: johnreid, 14-08-2010 04:57 PM (#34)

well said bash
johnreid

by: maxi, 14-08-2010 05:54 PM (#35)

The two of you sharing the brain cell tonight?

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 14-08-2010 06:05 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: johnreid, 14-08-2010 05:58 PM (#36)

1 more than you
johnreid

by: maxi, 14-08-2010 06:07 PM (#37)

Some laugh John, missed any more fouls recently Grin

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Macleod00, 14-08-2010 09:36 PM (#38)

Bash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:

Backed into a corner? Ok, we'll get back to that. First off, let's deal with these.....

Why is it abuse to say that someone is from Fife?
Do you hate Fifers?
Do you have a hidden agenda against Fife?
What is it you find abusive about Fife?

Once you've dealt with those....

Those choice policy doesn't put me up or down as a player. Would I play WR through choice, no. I've played the ruleset here (among friends) and in England in events, and I didn't like them one bit.

Does it impact my area - maybe. I'm sure a few of the top players that play in my teams would relish the chance to play some WR events for the chance at more cash.

However, I still maintain that the SPA must get something from the exchange in order to change their ruling. I believe that the choice policy has been very bad for the SEPF, and as they are the competing association in Scotland for the entries of players - I say have at them. Point being that there are only so many weekends in the year, there are so many events that players can play in. The SPA calendar is essentially full as is, so if you open it up, SPA players will have to choose between events.

Why would reducing entries be a good thing for the SPA?

This is a complete non-argument. Period.

I didn't, at any point, mention Fife. Wink
Macleod00
General Member

by: secretary, 14-08-2010 10:17 PM (#39)

Macleod00 wrote:

I didn't, at any point, mention Fife. Wink

I did.....

Every year....... Most months in fact....

and now have ....

Cowdenbeath..... Lochgelly.... Kirkcaldy (past sepf chairman's league) .... all playing blackball......

only one league now in Fife playing WR.... East Neuk.... and that's because George visited and promised an extra place (singles) at Blackpool. Cost them 340, and found it hard to fill it I believe.
secretary
General Member

by: gandalph, 14-08-2010 10:35 PM (#40)

have to agree with Bash here what do the SPA have to benefit from this?
gandalph
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< July 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.82 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 64,439,940 unique visits