February 19 2018 05:46:53
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Events
· 2017 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
· League Venues
Multimedia and Downloads
· scottishpool on youtube
· Banner Exchange
· Mobile SPA
· Blackball TV
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· RSS Feeds
Users Online
· Guests Online: 21

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Joe glass
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2018 Seniors Tour Ev...
· 2018 SPA MM IM#1 Qua...
· Mens B1 Scotland tea...
· Masters ranking even...
· TJs Motherwell
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Jackie Paterson 5 Man Team Event
Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: spawny, 31-03-2015 01:33 AM (#181)

Team Hair Impaired number 20 on the list - Can you please remove us Ross.
Apologies
spawny
General Member


Posts: 75
Joined: 11.01.14
Location: LEVENMOUTH
Age: 33

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 07:32 AM (#182)

spawny wrote:
Team Hair Impaired number 20 on the list - Can you please remove us Ross.
Apologies


Done son.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: getbacktoyourseat, 31-03-2015 09:02 AM (#183)

Ross I paid Jackie's Girls 50 deposit a couple of weeks ago via bank transfer flower
 
Big up The Falkirk Mental!
User Avatar
getbacktoyourseat



Posts: 210
Joined: 07.01.08
Location: Mental Falkirk

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Webbo, 31-03-2015 09:02 AM (#184)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Never berated any one son.

Tam wanted in the first place that became available, he then after getting in said just to forget him, am I not allowed to say anything on that?

Yes I have lots more teams wanting in but I cannot just throw teams out after just missing a few days but again I cannot wait to long, so having any team asking to come in when a place becomes available, means they should be sure that they really want that place, otherwise others will or could miss out.


Sorry, Ross but thats how it read. I appreciate you are sore at people pulling out.

Given today is the deadline for full payment (which had already been extended), I look forward to seeing the amended list tomorrow.
At present only 1/4 of teams are fully paid up.
Another chunk haven't even paid a deposit (and can therefore dip out at any time) and another chunk have only paid the bare deposit (same comment)

Just looking for some transparency here - the event is only 6 weeks away yet we only have your word it will be fully subscribed.
You were quick to boast about filling the event quickly so now you have to follow-through.
 
Regards

Victor McDade,
Osprey Heights, Craiglang,
Bloody big pot o' pish......get it lifted!
User Avatar
Webbo
General Member


Posts: 276
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Arbroath
Age: 49

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 09:10 AM (#185)

Sorry son, I have known Tam for years, he knows I was not trying to put him down.

The reason Tam was different from the others who have/are pulling out is because he was not on the original list, he asked to be added if someone pulled out, there is a difference there.

Can I also just point out, the fiasco as you called it a few years back did not stop me from paying out the guaranteed prize fund I said I would, the teams attending and I think you were one of them, got far more pool then was planned because of the numbers of teams that let me down.

So my point there is , nothing changed for the teams attending, they got even more pool, the only one that lost out was myself because I guaranteed the prize fund for the event and when I do that I always pay it out.

As for teams still wanting in this event, there are a few who asked me at the weekend, I will now get in touch with them and see if they wish to enter, as you say only 6 weeks away.
One team that did ask was the Glasgow Masters team, they have now taken Tam's plce and have paid the money in full, that is what the rest will have to do now.
 
Edited by FlyingScotsman 31-03-2015 09:11 AM
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Webbo, 31-03-2015 09:37 AM (#186)

Ross,

From memory (I could be wrong so I'm asking a teammate to confirm it) but I'm pretty sure we received the same prize money for winning it as we did for finishing runner-up in the previous event so we did lose out and that was a direct consequence of the last-minute pull-outs (8 or so teams).

Yes we got plenty pool but you get that anyway at the 5-man so not sure what point you're trying to make with that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the event and I hope you do fill it but the fact you can't even put a hard and fast figure on the full-paid up teams is a worry and suggest you are going to be under-subscribed again.
 
Regards

Victor McDade,
Osprey Heights, Craiglang,
Bloody big pot o' pish......get it lifted!
User Avatar
Webbo
General Member


Posts: 276
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Arbroath
Age: 49

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: campbell3243, 31-03-2015 10:03 AM (#187)

Nick Campbells Team Name TBC

Players

1.Nick Campbell (C)
2.Euan Waddell (VC)
3.Peter Moggach
4.Andy Jones
5.?????????

I have PMd you Ross with regards to money
campbell3243
General Member


Posts: 115
Joined: 24.09.13
Location: Glenrothes
Age: 40

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 10:05 AM (#188)

All I can say webbo, is that if I guaranteed prize money I paid it out.

I once guaranteed to pay out 44000 at an event in the Isle of Man. because of politics I only got 38 teams attending, I still paid out the guaranteed prize fund.

If it was based on teams attending then that would be different.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: knowledge, 31-03-2015 11:00 AM (#189)

Webbo wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
Never berated any one son.

Tam wanted in the first place that became available, he then after getting in said just to forget him, am I not allowed to say anything on that?

Yes I have lots more teams wanting in but I cannot just throw teams out after just missing a few days but again I cannot wait to long, so having any team asking to come in when a place becomes available, means they should be sure that they really want that place, otherwise others will or could miss out.


Sorry, Ross but thats how it read. I appreciate you are sore at people pulling out.

Given today is the deadline for full payment (which had already been extended), I look forward to seeing the amended list tomorrow.
At present only 1/4 of teams are fully paid up.
Another chunk haven't even paid a deposit (and can therefore dip out at any time) and another chunk have only paid the bare deposit (same comment)

Just looking for some transparency here - the event is only 6 weeks away yet we only have your word it will be fully subscribed.
You were quick to boast about filling the event quickly so now you have to follow-through.


Deadline? Did you say deadline?
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8220
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 45

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: knowledge, 31-03-2015 11:00 AM (#190)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
All I can say webbo, is that if I guaranteed prize money I paid it out.

I once guaranteed to pay out 44000 at an event in the Isle of Man. because of politics I only got 38 teams attending, I still paid out the guaranteed prize fund.

If it was based on teams attending then that would be different.


Indeed you did! Grin
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8220
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 45

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 11:52 AM (#191)

Updated payments, have one for Coatbridge team under Rab/s smith which number on the list is that for?

Also I take it the payment under K Grimes is for the Cen Ayr team?
 
Edited by FlyingScotsman 31-03-2015 11:55 AM
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Snowball3117, 31-03-2015 12:13 PM (#192)

Ross are you going to be running this event like last year best of 9 or the previous year best of 15 ?
Snowball3117
General Member


Posts: 188
Joined: 30.08.13
Age: 32

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 12:16 PM (#193)

Snowball3117 wrote:
Ross are you going to be running this event like last year best of 9 or the previous year best of 15 ?


The reason it was best of 15 one year was because we did not hit any where near the 48 teams.

If you look at the first post you will see that it is 10 frames all played, so if 5 all each team gets one point.

Were you one of the players who asked me at the weekend if places became available, I know you are already in.
 
Edited by FlyingScotsman 31-03-2015 09:21 PM
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Macleod00, 31-03-2015 12:27 PM (#194)

Final 200 transferred just now for Team Kinlawesome.

Adam Macleod
Mark Bell
Neil Owen
Kye Taylor
Robin Selkirk

Macleod00
General Member


Posts: 251
Joined: 01.04.10
Location: Kinloss, Moray

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Snowball3117, 31-03-2015 12:45 PM (#195)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Snowball3117 wrote:
Ross are you going to be running this event like last year best of 9 or the previous year best of 15 ?


The reason it was best of 15 one year was because we did not hit any where near the 48 teams.

If you look at the first post you will see that it is 19 frames all played, so if 5 all each team gets one point.

Were you one of the players who asked me at the weekend if places became available, I know you are already in.


Ross I did ask u I have txted the boys who asked me and waiting on a reply I'll let you no as soon as they tell me
Snowball3117
General Member


Posts: 188
Joined: 30.08.13
Age: 32

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: furrybeast, 31-03-2015 01:01 PM (#196)

Furry's Flappers - No10 on list

From account CURRENT ACCOUNT/82-61-32 xxxxx633
To account ISP/83-33-00 00103064

Amount 200.00

Reference ABZ POOL
Remitter name GEORGE HENDERSON
Transfer date 31/03/15
Payment Method FPS
 
Aberdeen IM/Area Rep
 
Edited by furrybeast 31-03-2015 01:02 PM
furrybeast



Posts: 1549
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Aberdeen

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Webbo, 31-03-2015 01:47 PM (#197)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
All I can say webbo, is that if I guaranteed prize money I paid it out.

I once guaranteed to pay out 44000 at an event in the Isle of Man. because of politics I only got 38 teams attending, I still paid out the guaranteed prize fund.

If it was based on teams attending then that would be different.


My teammate deffo recalls us getting 1000 for runners-up and then only about 1200 for winning and this was solely due to the loss of teams Ross. Pot must have been based on entries rather than a guaranteed pot as you say.

Anyway my point isn't the money (that's just a consequence), its the fact that despite updates today, you appear to only have 1/3 full event so we can expect either another deadline set or a shortfall of teams at the event (changed format etc).

As I say I really like the event so best you get your selling hat on!
 
Regards

Victor McDade,
Osprey Heights, Craiglang,
Bloody big pot o' pish......get it lifted!
User Avatar
Webbo
General Member


Posts: 276
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Arbroath
Age: 49

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-03-2015 02:46 PM (#198)

No I make you right Webbo, I do give people more trust than I should always have always will.
To old to change that now.

I have contacted a number of areas/teams asking them if they still want into event and as I said any team not yet paying a deposit will be taken out and those who have not paid the full amount will also be withdrawn at the end of the week.

As you say, only 6 weeks to go and I to want the event full.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 9931
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: Craig t, 31-03-2015 05:54 PM (#199)

Number 22 on list
Central ayrshire craig thomson
Would like to add another so that would make 6 in our team
Sammy reid
Paid 40 into your account just now
Craig t
General Member


Posts: 23
Joined: 25.11.14
Location: Central ayrshire

RE: Jackie Paterson Scottish 5 person team
by: campbell3243, 31-03-2015 07:28 PM (#200)

Nick Campbells Team Name TBC

Players

1.Nick Campbell (C)
2.Euan Waddell (VC)
3.Peter Moggach
4.Andy Jones
5.Jamie Simpson

Paid 250 to ISP Scotland 00103064 S.code 83-33-00
Ref Nick Campbel
campbell3243
General Member


Posts: 115
Joined: 24.09.13
Location: Glenrothes
Age: 40

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/02/2018 20:30
Has the venue for the Masters Tour Event 2 been Confirmed

17/02/2018 14:56
Any update on what dates the premier division 15s will be?

14/02/2018 00:32
FC Bash you are a legend

06/02/2018 12:40
Thanks FC BASH

05/02/2018 21:19
Davy, I am hoping to get the remainder fo the draws/schedules up this weekend. Possibly sooner for the 1st Division

05/02/2018 10:21
When is the draw for the super 11s 3rd division guys

04/02/2018 21:33
Thanks Bash

04/02/2018 21:31
After the deadline for payment has passed and when the payments have been collated to ensure everyone has paid. I'd estimate tomorrow (Monday) evening.

04/02/2018 21:15
When will the draw for the 2nd division be made public

03/02/2018 13:30
PM to FCBash

Render time: 0.28 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 57,246,089 unique visits