The Scottish Pool Association General Willie McCartney Trophy
Can I say no?
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Can I say no?
by: MJ Hire, 23-05-2016 01:53 PM (#1)

After past two spa events,Kirkcaldy and Ayr which is a fair drive from where I stay in Airdrie, I have been asked to go on straight away when my allocated time isn't another half hour to 45 mins away.. I get there in plenty of time as drive is more than an hour away and I like getting in a settling with a drink before playing. Up in Kirkcaldy wasn't bad as I explained to Gillian as I've just arrived and wasn't allocated to 3pm which she understood. But yesterday I said I'm just in and had over an hour drive there. I went to bar and as I was standing in que for a drink for my boy and I, my name was called anyway to play which was half hour before my 2pm slot. Could I refuse to go on? If the spa are going to hold events north and south of Scotland please give the players the option of going in early or sticking with there allocated time please. I did explain that I'm just in, and went to bar and name got called for table 9. This was half hour before allocated time. Could I refuse?
MJ Hire
General Member

RE: Can I say no?
by: chalmers7, 23-05-2016 02:24 PM (#2)

In most scenarios players are happy to get on and help the TD speed things up. However, you are more than entitled to request time before the game as you do not have to be there until your starting time.

As much as the players try to help the TD, the TD should try and help the players.
chalmers7
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 23-05-2016 02:40 PM (#3)

MJ Hire wrote:
After past two spa events,Kirkcaldy and Ayr which is a fair drive from where I stay in Airdrie, I have been asked to go on straight away when my allocated time isn't another half hour to 45 mins away.. I get there in plenty of time as drive is more than an hour away and I like getting in a settling with a drink before playing. Up in Kirkcaldy wasn't bad as I explained to Gillian as I've just arrived and wasn't allocated to 3pm which she understood. But yesterday I said I'm just in and had over an hour drive there. I went to bar and as I was standing in que for a drink for my boy and I, my name was called anyway to play which was half hour before my 2pm slot. Could I refuse to go on? If the spa are going to hold events north and south of Scotland please give the players the option of going in early or sticking with there allocated time please. I did explain that I'm just in, and went to bar and name got called for table 9. This was half hour before allocated time. Could I refuse?

Yes Marc offcourse you could have refused, yesterday we had tables lying dormant due to loads of no shows and people not letting us know they weren't arriving and because those players didn't let us know - we had those table vacant incase those players walked in. We had a few people kinda moan because tables were not being used....at that Time we were just trying to get players on that were in the place before their allotted time.

The Answer to your Question is "YES" you can wait until your Scheduled Time Slot.

I am a bit surprised though as normally players are moaning about waiting ages for their match - so this Question is refreshing to be honest.
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: weeksy, 23-05-2016 04:30 PM (#4)

Just wanted to ask peoples thoughts on the travel side of things as the ims are spread across scotland to a tract areas to sign up to the spa and i get that but what about the seniors as this is just a 1 day event do people still think these should be held at the 4 corners of scotland surely these would be better held in the central belt of scotland in stead of the guys travelling nearly 3 hours to get to events it would be better us guys at the 4 corners all travelling 1to 2 hours.
weeksy

by: Sting, 24-05-2016 03:22 PM (#5)

Fair point weeksy id like to think that the IM and any other proper tour would have an event in each location North/West/East and South then rotate it as necessary for other events. I do not think ti is fair to give major events to areas IMO undeserving just to "try" and get them to join the SPA, what happened the other year with Aberdeen was a farce.
Sting
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.12 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,403,175 unique visits