18/11/2018 18:54
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S15 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 31

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,194
· Newest Member: psimpson
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Lanarkshire Singles.
· S15 Squads
· 2018 IM#6 Qualifiers
· S15 - Second Divisio...
· Streaming
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Meetings
2016 July Meeting Minutes
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FCBash, 08-07-2016 11:17 PM (#1)

All,

Gillian has emailed the Reps a copy of the 2016 July Meeting minutes, if you feel you should have received a copy and haven't please contact Gillian and provide her your email so she can add you to her mailing list.

In addition, the minutes are now available online, either using the link below or going to 'Meetings' on the left hand of the website.

http://scottishpo...inutes.pdf


PLEASE NOTE:-

There were several proposals made which apply to the International Selection Policy (mainly noted below). Please give these your consideration and consult with the members in your area.

Stuart Weeks Proposal: International Selection. Players put names on web with ages and teams eligible for and managers then select. Automatically selected Scottish Champion, World Champion, European Champion. To remove the rest of the policy.
Seconded J Reid.

Alan Reynolds Proposal: Sections be free to decide own selection policy and trial format. Automatic selections: Scotland Champion, Scotland No1, European Champion and World Champion. Trials selection, trialists selection at managers selection.
Seconded D Duncan.

Suzy Smith Proposal: If a player plays in a trial and wins a place and subsequently does not attend, be given a 1 year ban.
Seconded B Thomson.

These proposals will be voted on at the September meeting.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1766
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: Drover, 09-07-2016 12:09 PM (#2)

Are next year's IM Venues going to be announced before entry fees are due.
 
Ahhhh Just Smash It

It'll Go Somewhere
Grin
User Avatar
Drover
General Member


Posts: 1746
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Ibrox
Age: 43

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FCBash, 09-07-2016 03:09 PM (#3)

Drover wrote:
Are next year's IM Venues going to be announced before entry fees are due.


It is hoped so, yes. Ross and I have spoken about this already.
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1766
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: weeksy, 09-07-2016 05:21 PM (#4)

Michael

My proposal had the managers must hold a trial on it as well.
weeksy



Posts: 799
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: berwick

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: alligator, 09-07-2016 10:49 PM (#5)

[quote]FCBash wrote:
All,

Gillian has emailed the Reps a copy of the 2016 July Meeting minutes, if you feel you should have received a copy and haven't please contact Gillian and provide her your email so she can add you to her mailing list.

In addition, the minutes are now available online, either using the link below or going to 'Meetings' on the left hand of the website.

http://scottishpo...inutes.pdf


PLEASE NOTE:-

There were several proposals made which apply to the International Selection Policy (mainly noted below). Please give these your consideration and consult with the members in your area.

Stuart Weeks Proposal: International Selection. Players put names on web with ages and teams eligible for and managers then select. Automatically selected Scottish Champion, World Champion, European Champion. To remove the rest of the policy.
Seconded J Reid.

Alan Reynolds Proposal: Sections be free to decide own selection policy and trial format. Automatic selections: Scotland Champion, Scotland No1, European Champion and World Champion. Trials selection, trialists selection at managers selection.
Seconded D Duncan.

Suzy Smith Proposal: If a player plays in a trial and wins a place and subsequently does not attend, be given a 1 year ban.
Seconded B Thomson.

These proposals will be voted on at the September meeting.

Regards,
Michael[/quote

The last part of my proposal was trialist selection at managers discretion , what is wrote down here makes no sense whats so ever please edit thanks.
 
wait and strike when the time is right
alligator



Posts: 4581
Joined: 20.10.08
Location: glasgow

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: billabong, 10-07-2016 06:59 AM (#6)

alligator wrote:
FCBash wrote:
All,

Gillian has emailed the Reps a copy of the 2016 July Meeting minutes, if you feel you should have received a copy and haven't please contact Gillian and provide her your email so she can add you to her mailing list.

In addition, the minutes are now available online, either using the link below or going to 'Meetings' on the left hand of the website.

http://scottishpo...inutes.pdf


PLEASE NOTE:-

There were several proposals made which apply to the International Selection Policy (mainly noted below). Please give these your consideration and consult with the members in your area.

Stuart Weeks Proposal: International Selection. Players put names on web with ages and teams eligible for and managers then select. Automatically selected Scottish Champion, World Champion, European Champion. To remove the rest of the policy.
Seconded J Reid.

Alan Reynolds Proposal: Sections be free to decide own selection policy and trial format. Automatic selections: Scotland Champion, Scotland No1, European Champion and World Champion. Trials selection, trialists selection at managers selection.
Seconded D Duncan.

Suzy Smith Proposal: If a player plays in a trial and wins a place and subsequently does not attend, be given a 1 year ban.
Seconded B Thomson.

These proposals will be voted on at the September meeting.

Regards,
Michael


The last part of my proposal was trialist selection at managers discretion , what is wrote down here makes no sense whats so ever please edit thanks.
billabong
General Member


Posts: 334
Joined: 15.01.08
Age: 57

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FlyingScotsman, 10-07-2016 02:52 PM (#7)

FCBash wrote:
Drover wrote:
Are next year's IM Venues going to be announced before entry fees are due.


It is hoped so, yes. Ross and I have spoken about this already.


They will be announced before entries are taken but I am still wanting to ask the SPA why I cannot put proposals to change the IM back to the original set up.

What I was informed at the meeting is that players this year are trying to get into the top 64 to get automatic enter to finals next year and as such we cannot change until 2018 BUT just as Bob has asked for the venues to be informed to the members BEFORE they enter for next year,this should also come into the same bracket, as if players don't like the changes they don't have to enter.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: smarties, 10-07-2016 03:41 PM (#8)

FlyingScotsman wrote:

They will be announced before entries are taken but I am still wanting to ask the SPA why I cannot put proposals to change the IM back to the original set up.

What I was informed at the meeting is that players this year are trying to get into the top 64 to get automatic enter to finals next year and as such we cannot change until 2018 BUT just as Bob has asked for the venues to be informed to the members BEFORE they enter for next year,this should also come into the same bracket, as if players don't like the changes they don't have to enter.



Ross the venues and the actual rules of the I.M. are completely different;

You pick and choose the venues and the members don't have a say in it.

You can't make proposals as you know, but you can ask some other rep to make one.
To change the format of the I.Ms. calls for a proposal at one meeting then a ballot of the members then an E.G.M. or an A.G.M. to ratify it which takes time and probably could not be done now this year to implement next year.
smarties
General Member


Posts: 851
Joined: 09.03.08
Location: livingston

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: alligator, 10-07-2016 06:33 PM (#9)

alligator wrote:
[quote]FCBash wrote:
All,

Gillian has emailed the Reps a copy of the 2016 July Meeting minutes, if you feel you should have received a copy and haven't please contact Gillian and provide her your email so she can add you to her mailing list.

In addition, the minutes are now available online, either using the link below or going to 'Meetings' on the left hand of the website.

http://scottishpo...inutes.pdf


PLEASE NOTE:-

There were several proposals made which apply to the International Selection Policy (mainly noted below). Please give these your consideration and consult with the members in your area.

Stuart Weeks Proposal: International Selection. Players put names on web with ages and teams eligible for and managers then select. Automatically selected Scottish Champion, World Champion, European Champion. To remove the rest of the policy.
Seconded J Reid.

Alan Reynolds Proposal: Sections be free to decide own selection policy and trial format. Automatic selections: Scotland Champion, Scotland No1, European Champion and World Champion. Trials selection, trialists selection at managers selection.
Seconded D Duncan.

Suzy Smith Proposal: If a player plays in a trial and wins a place and subsequently does not attend, be given a 1 year ban.
Seconded B Thomson.

These proposals will be voted on at the September meeting.

Regards,
Michael[/quote

The last part of my proposal was trialist selection at managers discretion , what is wrote down here makes no sense whats so ever please edit thanks.



Could this be changed please before its to late its a misrepresentation of what I said ? thanks , Gill Hayes ? Michael Bastow , David Duncan ??
 
wait and strike when the time is right
alligator



Posts: 4581
Joined: 20.10.08
Location: glasgow

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: knowledge, 10-07-2016 08:46 PM (#10)

alligator wrote:
alligator wrote:
[quote]FCBash wrote:
All,

Gillian has emailed the Reps a copy of the 2016 July Meeting minutes, if you feel you should have received a copy and haven't please contact Gillian and provide her your email so she can add you to her mailing list.

In addition, the minutes are now available online, either using the link below or going to 'Meetings' on the left hand of the website.

http://scottishpo...inutes.pdf


PLEASE NOTE:-

There were several proposals made which apply to the International Selection Policy (mainly noted below). Please give these your consideration and consult with the members in your area.

Stuart Weeks Proposal: International Selection. Players put names on web with ages and teams eligible for and managers then select. Automatically selected Scottish Champion, World Champion, European Champion. To remove the rest of the policy.
Seconded J Reid.

Alan Reynolds Proposal: Sections be free to decide own selection policy and trial format. Automatic selections: Scotland Champion, Scotland No1, European Champion and World Champion. Trials selection, trialists selection at managers selection.
Seconded D Duncan.

Suzy Smith Proposal: If a player plays in a trial and wins a place and subsequently does not attend, be given a 1 year ban.
Seconded B Thomson.

These proposals will be voted on at the September meeting.

Regards,
Michael[/quote

The last part of my proposal was trialist selection at managers discretion , what is wrote down here makes no sense whats so ever please edit thanks.



Could this be changed please before its to late its a misrepresentation of what I said ? thanks , Gill Hayes ? Michael Bastow , David Duncan ??


Would it be easier if you just wrote what you want the proposal to be?
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FCBash, 11-07-2016 06:09 AM (#11)

weeksy wrote:
Michael

My proposal had the managers must hold a trial on it as well.


Stuart, I have just copied these directly from the Minutes. If your proposal is not worded correctly then please contact Davie or Gill to have this amended to what it should say.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1766
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FCBash, 11-07-2016 06:09 AM (#12)

alligator wrote:


Could this be changed please before its to late its a misrepresentation of what I said ? thanks , Gill Hayes ? Michael Bastow , David Duncan ??


Alan, I have just copied these directly from the Minutes. If your proposal is not worded correctly then please contact Davie or Gill to have this amended to what it should say.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1766
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: FlyingScotsman, 11-07-2016 10:46 AM (#13)

smarties wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:

They will be announced before entries are taken but I am still wanting to ask the SPA why I cannot put proposals to change the IM back to the original set up.

What I was informed at the meeting is that players this year are trying to get into the top 64 to get automatic enter to finals next year and as such we cannot change until 2018 BUT just as Bob has asked for the venues to be informed to the members BEFORE they enter for next year,this should also come into the same bracket, as if players don't like the changes they don't have to enter.



Ross the venues and the actual rules of the I.M. are completely different;

You pick and choose the venues and the members don't have a say in it.

You can't make proposals as you know, but you can ask some other rep to make one.
To change the format of the I.Ms. calls for a proposal at one meeting then a ballot of the members then an E.G.M. or an A.G.M. to ratify it which takes time and probably could not be done now this year to implement next year.


Malky, what you are saying is different to what happened at the meeting.

It was not only myself you said that the current IM set up is not working, a number of the reps at the meeting agreed with myself and wanted to change the IM for next year.

We were however informed that because players were playing THIS year to get into the top 64 for next year, that we had to keep it as it is but proposals can be put forward for changes to the 2018 season, as long as our members are informed before they enter for the 2017 season and after thinking about this I believe it is correct.

To many times and I am one of the people who do it, we rush into changes, so I know I cannot put proposals in [funny that as I set the IM up?] so I will write out my proposal and give to my own IM rep to put forward for the next meeting for changes to the 2018 season.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: knowledge, 11-07-2016 12:17 PM (#14)

I think the time has come to poll the players, there are two or three IMs left plus the Scottish this year, could a questionnaire not be put to the qualifiers at these events?

Most areas have an event for all the non qualifies, these could be approached locally. I think this is too big a decision to be taken by half a dozen reaps at a meeting. I am not sure myself why something could not be done for next year if opinion among the players warrants it. At the end of the day they are the ones paying the money and spending the time.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: smarties, 11-07-2016 02:30 PM (#15)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
smarties wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:

They will be announced before entries are taken but I am still wanting to ask the SPA why I cannot put proposals to change the IM back to the original set up.

What I was informed at the meeting is that players this year are trying to get into the top 64 to get automatic enter to finals next year and as such we cannot change until 2018 BUT just as Bob has asked for the venues to be informed to the members BEFORE they enter for next year,this should also come into the same bracket, as if players don't like the changes they don't have to enter.



Ross the venues and the actual rules of the I.M. are completely different;

You pick and choose the venues and the members don't have a say in it.

You can't make proposals as you know, but you can ask some other rep to make one.
To change the format of the I.Ms. calls for a proposal at one meeting then a ballot of the members then an E.G.M. or an A.G.M. to ratify it which takes time and probably could not be done now this year to implement next year.


Malky, what you are saying is different to what happened at the meeting.

It was not only myself you said that the current IM set up is not working, a number of the reps at the meeting agreed with myself and wanted to change the IM for next year.

We were however informed that because players were playing THIS year to get into the top 64 for next year, that we had to keep it as it is but proposals can be put forward for changes to the 2018 season, as long as our members are informed before they enter for the 2017 season and after thinking about this I believe it is correct.

To many times and I am one of the people who do it, we rush into changes, so I know I cannot put proposals in [funny that as I set the IM up?] so I will write out my proposal and give to my own IM rep to put forward for the next meeting for changes to the 2018 season.


Correct Ross, i do not think it is working and i was the one who made all the initial proposals to change it, but i am also big enough to realise that it is not working.

Having said that, no matter what, we must do things to procedure whether we like it or not, proposals should be put in now to change it for 2018.

Proposals should be brought in, voted on at a meeting, and if passed put out to the members for a ballot, as is what happened to change the I.M. last time.
smarties
General Member


Posts: 851
Joined: 09.03.08
Location: livingston

RE: 2016 July Meeting Minutes
by: gofar, 11-07-2016 05:02 PM (#16)

Can i ask what is not working with the Im's ?

I thought it had improved but possibly not seeing the big picture, being a player who does not progress to the later stages at finals.

gofar



Posts: 300
Joined: 13.10.09
Location: kilmarnock

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< November 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

Render time: 0.33 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 70,441,713 unique visits