May 25 2018 11:40:03
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Events
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
· League Venues
Multimedia and Downloads
· scottishpool on youtube
· Banner Exchange
· Mobile SPA
· Blackball TV
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· RSS Feeds
Users Online
· Guests Online: 10

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Chrissy3uk
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2018 SPA MM IM#1 Finals
· SPA Masters ranking ...
· Scottish seniors Ran...
· Over 60s pool compet...
· 2018 Willie McCartne...
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Meetings
SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: knowledge, 06-09-2016 08:33 PM (#21)

maxi wrote:
People have this fixation on international pool.

We need to develop the sport of pool in Scotland, to hell with everything else.

Pump money into proper coaching structure and staff all over Scotland.

Pump money into youth academies being held at every areas pool halls to entice the next generation of players through.

Invest in proper streaming equipment and staff to do it right.

Invest in technology to allow proper live scoring from every single SPA event it holds.

Just a few ideas which are far better than helping guys who win money all year from tournament get a cheaper holiday to represent Scotland.


An absolutely excellent piece of sabre rattling and button pushing, of the 140 odd members of "Team Scotland", how many would you say are in profit from pool?

A dozen maybe? Twenty?

How many of the 140 would withdraw if they had to buy their own shirts? How many will withdraw if they don't get help? None?

Your ideas are all good and sound, and I wholeheartedly agree, if you had left out the last part it would have been one of your better recent posts.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: maxi, 07-09-2016 12:18 AM (#22)

Last bit was to get people's blood brewing as more people need to take an interest in what's actually happening to their pool association and stand up and be counted.

But it is true, if the worlds later this year had been somewhere like Cyprus or somewhere nice abroad I would have went to defend my title even though I don't play anymore.

As I could double it up as a holiday.
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15016
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: knowledge, 07-09-2016 12:47 AM (#23)

The last bit was to distort the situation. However I agree, the more people taking an interest the better.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: DOSSER, 07-09-2016 01:06 AM (#24)

knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
In actual fact it was not a section that was funded yesterday. It was the junior academies. They were let down by a major sponsor and asked for help, a proposal was made, minuted, taken away and the meeting voted overwhelmingly to give the money. Myself included.

As an aside the point was raised (again) that sections should be providing accounts prior to asking for any funding.


Would the vote to provide internationalists with 5k + of kit not be classed as a section being funded?.. Or it is, it just didn't happen yesterday?
Just a question for my own understanding.. No malice intended. comfort


If you re-read the first post which I have added below you will note that there are things called "paragraphs". A quick Google will explain these to you. I have added a few "***" to highlight the relevant ones.

You will note the ones above the **** refer to a "section", which is what my post is in reply to, below, in the following "paragraph" (see Google) you will note the authors reference to polo tops, in a separate subject.

The internationals receiving tops would not be classed as a "section" they would be classed as the international teams representing those sections aka "team Scotland". I am always happy to aid with anyone's understanding of any issue if I can I apologise for referring you to google as I do not consider myself qualified to explain primary school English.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

No malice intended.

geegee1984 wrote:
Would I be correct in saying that 5 months after the AGM the members have still not been provided with last years accounts / treasurers report?

If so then i note the following.

In the minutes for Junes meeting it states that the accounts are required so that sections can apply for funding.
Then at yesterdays meeting there is a section approved for funding (For the record I am not against the funding being provided)

************

The committee / attendees then decides to provide all Internationalists with 4 polo tops F.O.C
What is the approx cost of this? How can it be approved when the members haven't been provided with the accounts? Surely this is a cost that can not be approved without a ballot of all the members?

The committee / attendees then propose to raise the cost of super entries by 3 per person to assist the international players.
So are the committee looking for the players who will never play international pool to compensate for these polos?

Surely if your playing for Scotland then buying polos should never be an issue.

In short i'm struggling to see how all these decisions can be made when the members still haven't saw the previous years financial report and i believe that none of the above decisions can be made until these are made available

Cheers


Well wasn't that all delightfully sarcy.... and 30 seconds of my life i wont get back.

Just one thing John, why would I automatically assume, when reading your post, you are referring to someone else's comments?
Is it because you commented.. "with reference to" no no not that.. Maybe you referred to the person by name so to direct the reader to that person.. Nope not that either.. Hmm ahhh i know, you used the quote function to make it clear what comments you were replying to... Oh..wait, no don't see that. Perhaps you posted directly after the person whose comments you were referring to, as to infer some kind of conversation... Again, nope.
Still, however, silly me eh!

Incidentally I don't consider myself in anyway qualified to explain English, therefore may I suggest Google to look up things like 'quoting' and 'referencing'

I hope that clears up any my misunderstanding.
User Avatar
DOSSER
General Member


Posts: 1115
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Inverkeithing, Fife
Age: 40

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: knowledge, 07-09-2016 01:22 AM (#25)

DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
In actual fact it was not a section that was funded yesterday. It was the junior academies. They were let down by a major sponsor and asked for help, a proposal was made, minuted, taken away and the meeting voted overwhelmingly to give the money. Myself included.

As an aside the point was raised (again) that sections should be providing accounts prior to asking for any funding.


Would the vote to provide internationalists with 5k + of kit not be classed as a section being funded?.. Or it is, it just didn't happen yesterday?
Just a question for my own understanding.. No malice intended. comfort


If you re-read the first post which I have added below you will note that there are things called "paragraphs". A quick Google will explain these to you. I have added a few "***" to highlight the relevant ones.

You will note the ones above the **** refer to a "section", which is what my post is in reply to, below, in the following "paragraph" (see Google) you will note the authors reference to polo tops, in a separate subject.

The internationals receiving tops would not be classed as a "section" they would be classed as the international teams representing those sections aka "team Scotland". I am always happy to aid with anyone's understanding of any issue if I can I apologise for referring you to google as I do not consider myself qualified to explain primary school English.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

No malice intended.

geegee1984 wrote:
Would I be correct in saying that 5 months after the AGM the members have still not been provided with last years accounts / treasurers report?

If so then i note the following.

In the minutes for Junes meeting it states that the accounts are required so that sections can apply for funding.
Then at yesterdays meeting there is a section approved for funding (For the record I am not against the funding being provided)

************

The committee / attendees then decides to provide all Internationalists with 4 polo tops F.O.C
What is the approx cost of this? How can it be approved when the members haven't been provided with the accounts? Surely this is a cost that can not be approved without a ballot of all the members?

The committee / attendees then propose to raise the cost of super entries by 3 per person to assist the international players.
So are the committee looking for the players who will never play international pool to compensate for these polos?

Surely if your playing for Scotland then buying polos should never be an issue.

In short i'm struggling to see how all these decisions can be made when the members still haven't saw the previous years financial report and i believe that none of the above decisions can be made until these are made available

Cheers


Well wasn't that all delightfully sarcy.... and 30 seconds of my life i wont get back.

Just one thing John, why would I automatically assume, when reading your post, you are referring to someone else's comments?
Is it because you commented.. "with reference to" no no not that.. Maybe you referred to the person by name so to direct the reader to that person.. Nope not that either.. Hmm ahhh i know, you used the quote function to make it clear what comments you were replying to... Oh..wait, no don't see that. Perhaps you posted directly after the person whose comments you were referring to, as to infer some kind of conversation... Again, nope.
Still, however, silly me eh!

Incidentally I don't consider myself in anyway qualified to explain English, therefore may I suggest Google to look up things like 'quoting' and 'referencing'

I hope that clears up any my misunderstanding.


It's fairly straightforward. The use of the word "section" is a clue. The original poster used it, I replied to it. I know it's not a trail of breadcrumbs but it's not that difficult.

Look everyone is welcome here, just try your best.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: DOSSER, 07-09-2016 12:25 PM (#26)

knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
In actual fact it was not a section that was funded yesterday. It was the junior academies. They were let down by a major sponsor and asked for help, a proposal was made, minuted, taken away and the meeting voted overwhelmingly to give the money. Myself included.

As an aside the point was raised (again) that sections should be providing accounts prior to asking for any funding.


Would the vote to provide internationalists with 5k + of kit not be classed as a section being funded?.. Or it is, it just didn't happen yesterday?
Just a question for my own understanding.. No malice intended. comfort


If you re-read the first post which I have added below you will note that there are things called "paragraphs". A quick Google will explain these to you. I have added a few "***" to highlight the relevant ones.

You will note the ones above the **** refer to a "section", which is what my post is in reply to, below, in the following "paragraph" (see Google) you will note the authors reference to polo tops, in a separate subject.

The internationals receiving tops would not be classed as a "section" they would be classed as the international teams representing those sections aka "team Scotland". I am always happy to aid with anyone's understanding of any issue if I can I apologise for referring you to google as I do not consider myself qualified to explain primary school English.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

No malice intended.

geegee1984 wrote:
Would I be correct in saying that 5 months after the AGM the members have still not been provided with last years accounts / treasurers report?

If so then i note the following.

In the minutes for Junes meeting it states that the accounts are required so that sections can apply for funding.
Then at yesterdays meeting there is a section approved for funding (For the record I am not against the funding being provided)

************

The committee / attendees then decides to provide all Internationalists with 4 polo tops F.O.C
What is the approx cost of this? How can it be approved when the members haven't been provided with the accounts? Surely this is a cost that can not be approved without a ballot of all the members?

The committee / attendees then propose to raise the cost of super entries by 3 per person to assist the international players.
So are the committee looking for the players who will never play international pool to compensate for these polos?

Surely if your playing for Scotland then buying polos should never be an issue.

In short i'm struggling to see how all these decisions can be made when the members still haven't saw the previous years financial report and i believe that none of the above decisions can be made until these are made available

Cheers


Well wasn't that all delightfully sarcy.... and 30 seconds of my life i wont get back.

Just one thing John, why would I automatically assume, when reading your post, you are referring to someone else's comments?
Is it because you commented.. "with reference to" no no not that.. Maybe you referred to the person by name so to direct the reader to that person.. Nope not that either.. Hmm ahhh i know, you used the quote function to make it clear what comments you were replying to... Oh..wait, no don't see that. Perhaps you posted directly after the person whose comments you were referring to, as to infer some kind of conversation... Again, nope.
Still, however, silly me eh!

Incidentally I don't consider myself in anyway qualified to explain English, therefore may I suggest Google to look up things like 'quoting' and 'referencing'

I hope that clears up any my misunderstanding.


It's fairly straightforward. The use of the word "section" is a clue. The original poster used it, I replied to it. I know it's not a trail of breadcrumbs but it's not that difficult.

Look everyone is welcome here, just try your best.


Im sure it is all very straightforward, especially with you being author of the post.. I however must have forgotten to put a 50p on my mind reading meter.. Pfft whit am i like eh.
Thanks for the welcome.. Makes me feel soooo much better.
User Avatar
DOSSER
General Member


Posts: 1115
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Inverkeithing, Fife
Age: 40

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: knowledge, 07-09-2016 01:22 PM (#27)

DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
knowledge wrote:
In actual fact it was not a section that was funded yesterday. It was the junior academies. They were let down by a major sponsor and asked for help, a proposal was made, minuted, taken away and the meeting voted overwhelmingly to give the money. Myself included.

As an aside the point was raised (again) that sections should be providing accounts prior to asking for any funding.


Would the vote to provide internationalists with 5k + of kit not be classed as a section being funded?.. Or it is, it just didn't happen yesterday?
Just a question for my own understanding.. No malice intended. comfort


If you re-read the first post which I have added below you will note that there are things called "paragraphs". A quick Google will explain these to you. I have added a few "***" to highlight the relevant ones.

You will note the ones above the **** refer to a "section", which is what my post is in reply to, below, in the following "paragraph" (see Google) you will note the authors reference to polo tops, in a separate subject.

The internationals receiving tops would not be classed as a "section" they would be classed as the international teams representing those sections aka "team Scotland". I am always happy to aid with anyone's understanding of any issue if I can I apologise for referring you to google as I do not consider myself qualified to explain primary school English.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

No malice intended.

geegee1984 wrote:
Would I be correct in saying that 5 months after the AGM the members have still not been provided with last years accounts / treasurers report?

If so then i note the following.

In the minutes for Junes meeting it states that the accounts are required so that sections can apply for funding.
Then at yesterdays meeting there is a section approved for funding (For the record I am not against the funding being provided)

************

The committee / attendees then decides to provide all Internationalists with 4 polo tops F.O.C
What is the approx cost of this? How can it be approved when the members haven't been provided with the accounts? Surely this is a cost that can not be approved without a ballot of all the members?

The committee / attendees then propose to raise the cost of super entries by 3 per person to assist the international players.
So are the committee looking for the players who will never play international pool to compensate for these polos?

Surely if your playing for Scotland then buying polos should never be an issue.

In short i'm struggling to see how all these decisions can be made when the members still haven't saw the previous years financial report and i believe that none of the above decisions can be made until these are made available

Cheers


Well wasn't that all delightfully sarcy.... and 30 seconds of my life i wont get back.

Just one thing John, why would I automatically assume, when reading your post, you are referring to someone else's comments?
Is it because you commented.. "with reference to" no no not that.. Maybe you referred to the person by name so to direct the reader to that person.. Nope not that either.. Hmm ahhh i know, you used the quote function to make it clear what comments you were replying to... Oh..wait, no don't see that. Perhaps you posted directly after the person whose comments you were referring to, as to infer some kind of conversation... Again, nope.
Still, however, silly me eh!

Incidentally I don't consider myself in anyway qualified to explain English, therefore may I suggest Google to look up things like 'quoting' and 'referencing'

I hope that clears up any my misunderstanding.


It's fairly straightforward. The use of the word "section" is a clue. The original poster used it, I replied to it. I know it's not a trail of breadcrumbs but it's not that difficult.

Look everyone is welcome here, just try your best.


Im sure it is all very straightforward, especially with you being author of the post.. I however must have forgotten to put a 50p on my mind reading meter.. Pfft whit am i like eh.
Thanks for the welcome.. Makes me feel soooo much better.


Here to help.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: SPA Accounts / Treasurers Report
by: smarties, 07-09-2016 07:16 PM (#28)

maxi wrote:
People have this fixation on international pool.

We need to develop the sport of pool in Scotland, to hell with everything else.

Have you heard about the Y&J sections of the SPA,? Terri is doing a great job there.



Pump money into proper coaching structure and staff all over Scotland.

Pump money into youth academies being held at every areas pool halls to entice the next generation of players through.


Have you heard about the academies that have been set up and running for about 18 months now?Terri is doing a great job there too.




Invest in proper streaming equipment and staff to do it right.

We have been putting money into steaming equipment, some venues don't have great connectivity this does need addressed, the staff bit??



Invest in technology to allow proper live scoring from every single SPA event it holds.

The SPA bought 20 tablets last year and are in the process of buying some more equipment now, live scoring has been available at last years events through the poolapplive and will continue to get better



Just a few ideas which are far better than helping guys who win money all year from tournament get a cheaper holiday to represent Scotland.


Seems like we are already ahead of you in the ideas market bud
 
Edited by smarties 08-09-2016 11:40 AM
smarties
General Member


Posts: 839
Joined: 09.03.08
Location: livingston

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.16 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,405,452 unique visits