· Jackie Paterson Scot...
· D1 App
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Money Matches and Challenges
Tayside Singles. Old Mill Snooker Hall Dundee.
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Tayside Singles. Old Mill Snooker Hall Dundee.
by: derekd, 05-12-2016 10:44 PM (#1)

The 2017 Tayside Singles will be held in Old Mill Snooker Club Dundee on 28th January 10am Start 5 Entry. The Old Mill has recently been refurbished inc Brand new Supremes. The new management team of Donna and John Pollock who have been spending 12 hrs a day to bring the Club up to the Standards expected from the local community. There are 90 entries to date and as 128 being the closing number entrants are asked to put their names in ASAP. Entries CONFIRMED once fees PAID. No exceptions. Thank you DD. Tournament Organiser.
derekd
General Member

RE: Tayside Singles. Old Mill Snooker Hall Dundee.
by: derekd, 05-12-2016 11:01 PM (#2)

Message for Davy Jack. Could you call me on mob my re-Mosconi Cup. All b in London 3pm morn. Cheers.
derekd
General Member

by: R Fleming, 05-12-2016 11:22 PM (#3)

Dek you forgot to mention that the Tayside is only open to players from the Tayside area... also the venue hasn't been decided yet as the committee are planning to hold a tender for it. I have been chasing this up since September so maybe best to slow down and await the committees instructions.

R Fleming

by: derekd, 06-12-2016 12:52 AM (#4)

Ryan; I believe that all players that have entered this comp and players out with who have tried to enter previously, already know about the 'Tayside players only!' rule but I take your point. As for the second point, am sure it was myself that re-energised this Comp along with John MacHugh and Arbroath Pool Players at least 10yrs ago and at NO time did I (As Member of Dundee Pool League at the time), think it was a Comp under the jurisdiction of that League. It was started totally independent of it. Not ONE committee since,has ever had any power over that comp so your misplaced comments re" Decision still to be made by the Committee" are misplaced. The next point,which I am sure can be confirmed by John MacHugh, is that an Arrangement was that the Tayside, would be, Dundee (Old Mill) 1 year--Arbroath the next. Finally, to be fair,Shots (Arbrth) hosted it last year so am sure yoiu wouldn't begrudge the Old Mill their 'Turn'! this year. Rather than start a Cat-fight over who's hosting it, why don't you have a meet with JP and try and arrange a system where 'Both ' Pool halls can avoid this in future. comfortxx Note. The Mill is on FIRE! ...
derekd
General Member

by: TheGlaswegian, 06-12-2016 07:12 AM (#5)

Why is this post on the Scottish site for all players........if it's only for those in Tayside............
TheGlaswegian
General Member

by: marko polo, 06-12-2016 08:46 AM (#6)

Maybe the edinburgh open should just be for people in edinburgh but that would just be petty🖒
marko polo

by: derekd, 06-12-2016 08:53 AM (#7)

You are spot on mt...Am not even going to answer the above message as its bordering on childish. Always been the problem on this site.
derekd
General Member

by: R Fleming, 06-12-2016 10:05 AM (#8)

I'm not begrudging anyone of holding it, but it's been over a year since I posted our interest in holding this event, and has been 4/5 months since I started chasing up who was the right person to put together a procedure to decide where it will be hosted and how we share it about.

With the majority of work for the event being done by bash, I firstly spoke to him who told me for this year he had contacted dave keogh. Together they decided the date for this year's event, and agreed dave would get on the case with how the venue is decided.

Fast forward to October through November, I have contacted about everyone you can imagine trying to make sure we go through this the correct way that's fair on both venues and leaves nobody left out.

So you can see how this has landed unfairly on me, over a year I have been on the case and now myself, dave keogh, his committee, and the arbroath side have all just been bypassed and the event has been arranged prematurely.

R Fleming

by: derekd, 06-12-2016 11:02 AM (#9)

Having read your post I have a bit of sympathy with your predicament as I was not aware you had been trying for so long to get the event but I refer you to earlier post regarding your Arbroath venue hosting the Tayside last year. As it is an event played bi-annually by Dundee and Arbroath I assumed that your turn was last year and will again be in 2018. Again I re-iterate that its not the Dundee Pool leagues decision to award this comp but if you get in contact am sure we can work something out together for the coming year which would satisfy both Pool halls.
derekd
General Member

by: DAWG, 06-12-2016 02:51 PM (#10)

It seems like both parties agree a fair solution should be met.

Surely it's fair that the Dundee event goes to the Mill and the Arbroath one to Shotz?

Fair enough Shotz might be in a position to put a better tender on the table but so long as the pints are flowing and there's some food available there players won't mind?

The work JP etc has put into the Mill totally warrants this years event and I'm sure it will be a great success👍🎱
DAWG
General Member

by: derekd, 06-12-2016 03:06 PM (#11)

Well well well, after all these years, the One and only Colin Brown posts something sensible. clap lol. Al give u a wave from the Ally Pally.
derekd
General Member

by: DAWG, 06-12-2016 03:09 PM (#12)

Cheers Double D - I hope you left your sword in Dundee.

Look after Jacko if he's on the bevy (unlikely I know)
DAWG
General Member

by: Mitch, 06-12-2016 04:14 PM (#13)

DAWG wrote:

Surely it's fair that the Dundee event goes to the Mill and the Arbroath one to Shotz?

Fair enough Shotz might be in a position to put a better tender on the table but so long as the pints are flowing and there's some food available there players won't mind?

The work JP etc has put into the Mill totally warrants this years event and I'm sure it will be a great success👍🎱

I've seen it all now .....a post from Coco that makes sense ......to be honest tho I can't for the life of me figure out why this is being debated on the SPA site ??

Super 11's Division 1 Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Mitch
General Member

by: derekd, 07-12-2016 08:44 AM (#14)

DAWG wrote:
Cheers Double D - I hope you left your sword in Dundee.

Look after Jacko if he's on the bevy (unlikely I know)
derekd
General Member

by: derekd, 07-12-2016 12:34 PM (#15)

Mitch wrote:
DAWG wrote:

I've seen it all now .....a post from Coco that makes sense ......to be honest tho I can't for the life of me figure out why this is being debated on the SPA site ??
derekd
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

19/02/2018 07:48
Thistle, venue has been confirmed as TJ's, Motherwell

19/02/2018 07:48
Fordy, nothing yet, Awaiting dates for International events to be confirmed

18/02/2018 20:30
Has the venue for the Masters Tour Event 2 been Confirmed

17/02/2018 14:56
Any update on what dates the premier division 15s will be?

14/02/2018 00:32
FC Bash you are a legend

06/02/2018 12:40
Thanks FC BASH

05/02/2018 21:19
Davy, I am hoping to get the remainder fo the draws/schedules up this weekend. Possibly sooner for the 1st Division

05/02/2018 10:21
When is the draw for the super 11s 3rd division guys

04/02/2018 21:33
Thanks Bash

04/02/2018 21:31
After the deadline for payment has passed and when the payments have been collated to ensure everyone has paid. I'd estimate tomorrow (Monday) evening.

Render time: 0.24 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 57,324,094 unique visits