18/08/2018 11:03
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 20

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Chrissy3uk
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2018 S15's Fees Remi...
· 2018 Scottish Double...
· Ladies Tour - Event 4
· 2018 Scottish Mixed ...
· Grandmasters 2nd event
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association » General » SPA Announcements
SPA meeting cancelled
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  SPA meeting cancelled
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-08-2017 01:41 PM (#1)

Dear Members,

The SPA have to inform you that Sunday’s meeting has had to be rearranged and will now be held on Sunday the 17th September.

However the entry fees for the Super 15s being held later this year still have to be taken, so can all leagues make sure that they are paid with a reference given into the SPA event account please.

The reason they still have to be paid by this Sunday is that Michael has to work out the paid entries into each division and then we can do the draw for the play offs being held on Sunday the 8th October.

Any league who cannot do online banking can pay by cash to Davy Duncan our Secretary at the Ronnie Ferrier National Nines on or before that date, Davy will be there from Friday onwards.

Malky Cowan
Chairman SPA
 
Edited by FlyingScotsman 31-08-2017 02:09 PM
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10091
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-08-2017 01:42 PM (#2)

Fees
Entry and accommodation fees must be cleared in the SPA accounts no later than Sunday 3rd September 2017.

Entry fee is £200 per team. Accommodation fees are £42 per player.

Squads can be up to 18 players.

15 players = (15 x £42) + £200 (entry) = £830
16 players = (16 x £42) + £200 (entry) = £872
17 players = (17 x £42) + £200 (entry) = £914
18 players = (18 x £42) + £200 (entry) = £956

Additional vans for family, supporters etc, £160 per van.

Account Details
Bank of Scotland: SPA Events Account
Sort Code: 80-09-72
Account No: 06001014

Please reference Area, Team and player number you are paying (i.e. Arbroath B 15)
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10091
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: BillyBoy, 02-09-2017 12:52 PM (#3)

Malky/Ross,

On Monday 28th August at 9am, i posted a thread asking when and where the next SPA Meeting was to be held. Michael, the SPA Secretary responded, stating that he did not know date/venue, but he would keep me informed, as soon as he knew. In your post attached, SPA MEETING CANCELLED, it states that the meeting for this Sunday, 03rd September, was cancelled and re-scheduled for Sunday 17th September.
I stated in a previous post that the Meetings section in the Navigation Panel was not up to date. Michael informed me that only the Minutes of the July Meeting were missing from the site and that he would publish these asap.
Surely the idea of the Meetings Section, would be not only to publish the previous minutes of meetings, but to show the dates and venues of future meetings, so Leagues can send representatives?
I would like to know why, in my post on 28th August, i was not informed of the proposed meeting on Sunday 03rd September (even though this has now been cancelled). The Secretary MUST have known that this was the next scheduled meeting??
I attended the April meeting held in Dunfermline. I paid our Leagues SPA Membership Fees and stated openly, that the reason for my attendance, was to pay our fees and to enter our League in the Super 15's. I was informed by the Committee, that the next scheduled meeting (i believe for June) would be postponed until 02nd July, which i had full intentions of attending, to again ensure our League entry to the Super 15's. Unfortunately, i was taken into hospital on Saturday 01st July, and was kept in until Sunday 02nd July (hospital records can be provided if necessary). The first thing i did when arriving home, was to Post our requested entry into the 15's. I received a reply from Michael, stating that the Post was received too late (it was 1pm, i would think the meeting was still in progress, given the length of time the Dunfermline meeting in April lasted) and that he had no recollection of me speaking about our Super 15's entry at the previous April meeting. We therefore were not allowed entry into the 15's.
I therefore ask if the minutes of the April meeting can be posted on the site, as well as the July minutes, as i was unable to attend the July meeting due to health issues. I would like to see the minutes of both meetings, as i feel i have let down our League members, who relied upon me to enter the League in the Super 15's.

Billy McNeil
Secretary
Clydesdale Pool League
BillyBoy
General Member


Posts: 33
Joined: 13.03.14
Location: Lanark
Age: 47

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: maxi, 02-09-2017 10:31 PM (#4)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Dear Members,

The SPA have to inform you that Sunday’s meeting has had to be rearranged and will now be held on Sunday the 17th September.

However the entry fees for the Super 15s being held later this year still have to be taken, so can all leagues make sure that they are paid with a reference given into the SPA event account please.

The reason they still have to be paid by this Sunday is that Michael has to work out the paid entries into each division and then we can do the draw for the play offs being held on Sunday the 8th October.

Any league who cannot do online banking can pay by cash to Davy Duncan our Secretary at the Ronnie Ferrier National Nines on or before that date, Davy will be there from Friday onwards.

Malky Cowan
Chairman SPA


You have always been able to attend SPA meetings and pay your entry by cheque, when was this method changed?
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: FCBash, 03-09-2017 12:02 AM (#5)

BillyBoy wrote:
Malky/Ross,

On Monday 28th August at 9am, i posted a thread asking when and where the next SPA Meeting was to be held. Michael, the SPA Secretary responded, stating that he did not know date/venue, but he would keep me informed, as soon as he knew. In your post attached, SPA MEETING CANCELLED, it states that the meeting for this Sunday, 03rd September, was cancelled and re-scheduled for Sunday 17th September.
I stated in a previous post that the Meetings section in the Navigation Panel was not up to date. Michael informed me that only the Minutes of the July Meeting were missing from the site and that he would publish these asap.
Surely the idea of the Meetings Section, would be not only to publish the previous minutes of meetings, but to show the dates and venues of future meetings, so Leagues can send representatives?
I would like to know why, in my post on 28th August, i was not informed of the proposed meeting on Sunday 03rd September (even though this has now been cancelled). The Secretary MUST have known that this was the next scheduled meeting??
I attended the April meeting held in Dunfermline. I paid our Leagues SPA Membership Fees and stated openly, that the reason for my attendance, was to pay our fees and to enter our League in the Super 15's. I was informed by the Committee, that the next scheduled meeting (i believe for June) would be postponed until 02nd July, which i had full intentions of attending, to again ensure our League entry to the Super 15's. Unfortunately, i was taken into hospital on Saturday 01st July, and was kept in until Sunday 02nd July (hospital records can be provided if necessary). The first thing i did when arriving home, was to Post our requested entry into the 15's. I received a reply from Michael, stating that the Post was received too late (it was 1pm, i would think the meeting was still in progress, given the length of time the Dunfermline meeting in April lasted) and that he had no recollection of me speaking about our Super 15's entry at the previous April meeting. We therefore were not allowed entry into the 15's.
I therefore ask if the minutes of the April meeting can be posted on the site, as well as the July minutes, as i was unable to attend the July meeting due to health issues. I would like to see the minutes of both meetings, as i feel i have let down our League members, who relied upon me to enter the League in the Super 15's.

Billy McNeil
Secretary
Clydesdale Pool League


Dear Billy,

This is a lengthy reply, but since you’ve interrupted my evening I may aswell take the time and effort to paint the whole picture and not just part of it.

I am going to inform you of the facts, again. Like I have advised via numerous private messages/emails, I am NOT the secretary of the Scottish Pool Association (SPA). Neither am I the Minute Secretary of the SPA. My position within the association is that of Individual Membership Secretary, so my main role is to co-ordinate the IM draws and results. During my time I have also expanded my role into sitting on the Executive Committee and assisting with the draws and/or rankings for most SPA affiliated events.
I am sure you are trying to make things a bit personal with the continued attacks on me, but we both know this is due to you falling foul of the entry criteria for the recent Super 15’s and me being the person that advised you of this.

I’ll now break your post down and respond with the factual information to inform the users of this website of the issue arising here.

On Monday 28th August at 9am, i posted a thread asking when and where the next SPA Meeting was to be held. Michael, the SPA Secretary responded, stating that he did not know date/venue, but he would keep me informed, as soon as he knew. In your post attached, SPA MEETING CANCELLED, it states that the meeting for this Sunday, 03rd September, was cancelled and re-scheduled for Sunday 17th September.


You are correct in that you posted on this website asking about the SPA meeting. However, you are factually incorrect that I stated I did not know the date or venue. I was well aware of the date, but the venue was still being considered. For your information I wrote to the Exec well in advance of your post on the website because it was discussed at the previous SPA meeting about possibly taking the meeting to Pettycur Bay. So when I posted I informed you I didn’t know the venue, because I actually didn’t know. I did say I would keep you informed, but I had considered that since you were using the website that you’d see the post from Malky advising the meeting had been cancelled and that I wouldn’t have to personally post again on your thread to highlight this.

I stated in a previous post that the Meetings section in the Navigation Panel was not up to date. Michael informed me that only the Minutes of the July Meeting were missing from the site and that he would publish these asap.


Again, almost true. If you read my post back again I do say I’ll post the minutes when they become available to me. Believe it or not, I can’t publish something I don’t actually have. When I do receive a copy these are usually made available online within a day or two, just to be clear, I mean within a day or two of me receiving them, for the members to view. I’d just highlight that I had to trace a fair few copies of minutes to bring this section up to date several months ago, as it had fallen short of being up to date by any means.

Surely the idea of the Meetings Section, would be not only to publish the previous minutes of meetings, but to show the dates and venues of future meetings, so Leagues can send representatives?


There is a calendar issued at the first meeting of the year, each year, which has all of the scheduled meetings. Most of which are typically the same month year on year, and held on the first Sunday. That has been the same since I have played pool. In the region of 15 years. Those with more experience will probably be able to vouch for it being longer than that.

I would like to know why, in my post on 28th August, i was not informed of the proposed meeting on Sunday 03rd September (even though this has now been cancelled). The Secretary MUST have known that this was the next scheduled meeting??


I have just read your initial post, and I have to hold my hands up, I hadn’t picked up that you had asked when the meeting was, but merely where. For that, I do apologise. As your post was so close to the next meeting I had overlooked that and thought it was the venue you were asking about. Just to confirm again, I am not the Secretary. I am hoping that is maybe sinking in.

I attended the April meeting held in Dunfermline. I paid our Leagues SPA Membership Fees and stated openly, that the reason for my attendance, was to pay our fees and to enter our League in the Super 15's. I was informed by the Committee, that the next scheduled meeting (i believe for June) would be postponed until 02nd July, which i had full intentions of attending, to again ensure our League entry to the Super 15's. Unfortunately, i was taken into hospital on Saturday 01st July, and was kept in until Sunday 02nd July (hospital records can be provided if necessary). The first thing i did when arriving home, was to Post our requested entry into the 15's. I received a reply from Michael, stating that the Post was received too late (it was 1pm, i would think the meeting was still in progress, given the length of time the Dunfermline meeting in April lasted) and that he had no recollection of me speaking about our Super 15's entry at the previous April meeting. We therefore were not allowed entry into the 15's.


Now we are getting to the point where it appears your recollection of events differs somewhat from mine. I won’t make anything up though to suit my own agenda. In April, where you claimed to have “openly” told the meeting that you were entering your area for the S15’s, seems to not only have been missed by me (the person responsible for collecting the entries) but also several other persons in attendance. So do you think we all missed your comment? Or perhaps it wasn’t stated “openly”. If you had spoken to me, I’d have more than likely informed you that entries were not being taken at that meeting and that you’d have to advise on the web forum or July meeting.

I posted on the SPA website, on 12th May, inviting entries for the S15’s. A full seven weeks in advance of the deadline. The deadline being when the meeting closes. This is quite important and I’ll come onto why. The meeting closed at around 3.45pm. Your post expressing interest was made at 4:52pm. Not 1pm as you claim. Now that is fact, and can be viewed on the web forum. That means you posted after the entries closed, and I advised you of this. I am not sure why you couldn’t have posted at any point in the seven weeks leading up that though.

Believe it or not, I sincerely hope your hospital attendance was nothing other than routine and wish you well.

I therefore ask if the minutes of the April meeting can be posted on the site, as well as the July minutes, as i was unable to attend the July meeting due to health issues. I would like to see the minutes of both meetings, as i feel i have let down our League members, who relied upon me to enter the League in the Super 15's.


The April Minutes are available, they are shown in the Meetings section and have been for some time. Titled AGM April 2017. As stated above, when the July minutes become available they’ll be published online. For the record, I am aware that our Minute Secretary is awaiting supporting documents before these can be published.

Just a bit of added info…

I do recall of your PM’s claiming that I was giving preferential treatment to other areas and that you wished to make a formal complaint against me. For openness and transparency I did explain to you that the leagues you highlighted had all entered their teams on or before the deadline using the appropriate line of communication. Although what you were asking me to do was, in fact, for me to give your area preferred treatment because you had failed to add their entry on time.

I also sent you an email, stating I had no issue with you raising a formal complaint against me. That same email listed the contact addresses you required for raising such complaint. I know this was received due to your reply.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1667
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: FCBash, 03-09-2017 12:04 AM (#6)

maxi wrote:
You have always been able to attend SPA meetings and pay your entry by cheque, when was this method changed?


Alan, this hasn't changed. If member leagues wish, they can pay by cheque to David at Pettycur Bay today (Sunday 3rd September).
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1667
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: maxi, 03-09-2017 12:06 PM (#7)

FCBash wrote:
maxi wrote:
You have always been able to attend SPA meetings and pay your entry by cheque, when was this method changed?


Alan, this hasn't changed. If member leagues wish, they can pay by cheque to David at Pettycur Bay today (Sunday 3rd September).


Thanks Michael, just the post only says cash or transfer so thought it was strange
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15043
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: scottishslack, 03-09-2017 02:01 PM (#8)

Cant believe the grief Michael gets, the time/effort the guy puts into our game is mind blowing.

It doesn't go unnoticed, a lot of us appreciate it.

scottishslack
General Member


Posts: 716
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Glasgow

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: BillyBoy, 03-09-2017 02:49 PM (#9)

Michael,
I am not going to get involved in a public spat with you.
What I would like to say, is that had I wanted or expected a response from youself regarding my post, I would have put your name at the top of the post.
The names I specifically put at the top of the post were Malky and Ross...I was looking for a response from our SPA Chairman and SPA President.
Should I require any information on IM's, I will contact you, the SPA IM's Secretary.

Billy McNeil
BillyBoy
General Member


Posts: 33
Joined: 13.03.14
Location: Lanark
Age: 47

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: FCBash, 03-09-2017 10:40 PM (#10)

scottishslack wrote:
Cant believe the grief Michael gets, the time/effort the guy puts into our game is mind blowing.

It doesn't go unnoticed, a lot of us appreciate it.



Thanks Chris. Appreciate that. clap
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1667
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: FCBash, 03-09-2017 10:43 PM (#11)

BillyBoy wrote:
Michael,
I am not going to get involved in a public spat with you.
What I would like to say, is that had I wanted or expected a response from youself regarding my post, I would have put your name at the top of the post.
The names I specifically put at the top of the post were Malky and Ross...I was looking for a response from our SPA Chairman and SPA President.
Should I require any information on IM's, I will contact you, the SPA IM's Secretary.

Billy McNeil


Billy,

That's fine, Malky and/or Ross can also respond to you if they wish. You perhaps didn't direct your post to me for a response, but when you pepper my name throughout with incorrect information, then I feel that the only correct course of action should be for me to put my version of events across.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1667
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: BillyBoy, 04-09-2017 07:39 AM (#12)

I have just read your initial post, and I have to hold my hands up, I hadn’t picked up that you had asked when the meeting was, but merely where. For that, I do apologise. As your post was so close to the next meeting I had overlooked that and thought it was the venue you were asking about.



Michael,

Apology accepted.

As i have stated, i am not going to get involved in a public spat with you.


Billy McNeil
BillyBoy
General Member


Posts: 33
Joined: 13.03.14
Location: Lanark
Age: 47

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: methodinthemadness, 04-09-2017 11:40 AM (#13)

scottishslack wrote:
Cant believe the grief Michael gets, the time/effort the guy puts into our game is mind blowing.

It doesn't go unnoticed, a lot of us appreciate it.



clapclapclap

You do a great job Michael
 
M muir

Winners are born, not made lol
methodinthemadness
General Member


Posts: 74
Joined: 18.03.14
Location: kilwinning

RE: SPA meeting cancelled
by: knowledge, 06-09-2017 04:36 PM (#14)

scottishslack wrote:
Cant believe the grief Michael gets, the time/effort the guy puts into our game is mind blowing.

It doesn't go unnoticed, a lot of us appreciate it.



What a great post.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8251
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.31 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,573,426 unique visits