· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Scottish Singles
Stream Links
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Stream Links
by: Baize of Glory, 16-10-2017 07:15 AM (#21)

Having known Alan Saunders in pool circles for 20 years I tuned into your stream for the Semi Final with eager anticipation. I was not disappointed as I listened to the commentary from John Kerr who came across as impartial, professional and very knowledgable.

When he said he was being replaced by another guy known as "The Dog" I actually looked forward to watching and listening to with the voice and opinions coming from a different perspective.

The perspective couldn't have been any more different as what we got was a complete and utter buffoon at the helm! For the SPA's showpiece event to have this guy doing the commentary to a worldwide audience was nothing more than shambolic! My only comparison could be for Manchester United to be playing in the Champions League Final and the BT Sports commentary box comprising of the most bitter Manchester City or Liverpool supporter plucked from the fanzone spouting their bile. He was however impartial, I'll give him that. He insulted both players equally.

I'm sure everyone could see that Alan hasn't been blessed with long beautiful locks of hair without this so called expert pointing it out. How tidy Katy the female referee was beig mentioned was nothing short of harassment and how poor the standard on show allegedly was didn't need to be constantly referred to.

My biggest question was why was this guy in the commentary box and not on the table?

I then watched the Final on mute as I couldn't bare to listen to this guy any more. I hope there were no potential sponsors tuned in and if I was an executive of Belhaven I'd be seriously considering withdrawing our association with the SPA.

Other than that well played to Alan and Paddy in the Final. Everyone in my area has known for 20 years how good Alan has had the potential to be and at long last he has finally realised this. Hopefully we will see him in this vicinity for many years to come.

Edited by Baize of Glory 16-10-2017 07:18 AM
Baize of Glory
General Member

RE: Stream Links
by: lumie, 16-10-2017 09:37 AM (#22)

clap
lumie
General Member

by: jimmyboco, 16-10-2017 02:56 PM (#23)

Can I ask who was doing the commentary as i also turned it off.

The guy clearly was trying to do a comedy sketch but came across as a bit of a tosser and clearly insulted both players, himself and anyone else watching.

The put down comments about the SPA were also, IMO, uncalled for. Comments like "it looks like we have stolen the advertising from a local pub" and "No expense spared by the SPA" were just brutal.

When I watched RhinoTV stream a regional finals in England on Saturday the commentating was professional and they even got a beaten semi finalist in to commemorate on the final, think the top prize was 500.

This was a national final.

Having read this back it is overly negative, the positives were that once the stream was on it was good quality with a scoreboard that was updated frame by frame, nice to be able to watch an event at home for a change.

Captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016

Edited by jimmyboco 16-10-2017 02:57 PM
jimmyboco
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 16-10-2017 09:36 PM (#24)

Baize of Glory wrote:
Having known Alan Saunders in pool circles for 20 years I tuned into your stream for the Semi Final with eager anticipation. I was not disappointed as I listened to the commentary from John Kerr who came across as impartial, professional and very knowledgable.

When he said he was being replaced by another guy known as "The Dog" I actually looked forward to watching and listening to with the voice and opinions coming from a different perspective.

The perspective couldn't have been any more different as what we got was a complete and utter buffoon at the helm! For the SPA's showpiece event to have this guy doing the commentary to a worldwide audience was nothing more than shambolic! My only comparison could be for Manchester United to be playing in the Champions League Final and the BT Sports commentary box comprising of the most bitter Manchester City or Liverpool supporter plucked from the fanzone spouting their bile. He was however impartial, I'll give him that. He insulted both players equally.

I'm sure everyone could see that Alan hasn't been blessed with long beautiful locks of hair without this so called expert pointing it out. How tidy Katy the female referee was beig mentioned was nothing short of harassment and how poor the standard on show allegedly was didn't need to be constantly referred to.

My biggest question was why was this guy in the commentary box and not on the table?

I then watched the Final on mute as I couldn't bare to listen to this guy any more. I hope there were no potential sponsors tuned in and if I was an executive of Belhaven I'd be seriously considering withdrawing our association with the SPA.

Other than that well played to Alan and Paddy in the Final. Everyone in my area has known for 20 years how good Alan has had the potential to be and at long last he has finally realised this. Hopefully we will see him in this vicinity for many years to come.

Thank you very much for the Nice Comments.. I tried my best..

8 Ball Army
Nations Cup Seniors B Winners 2016 (Undefeated)
European Seniors B Champions 2017
European Seniors B Champions 2018 (Undefeated)

Edited by JASONVOORHEES 16-10-2017 10:29 PM
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: jimmyboco, 16-10-2017 09:40 PM (#25)

Just to go back to my earlier post, I was contacted by the commentator today, he referred me to "Dogs Diaries" and I now totally get what he was doing when commentating and think the blame should lie to whoever asked him to commentate as he clearly has previous for this stuff and shouldn't have been considered for a national final without some kind of disclaimer being put up.

PS some of the stuff in Dogs Diaries is absolute gold and if you haven't read it before I suggest you do so.

Captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.24 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 63,224,174 unique visits