· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Super 15s
SPA Super 15s Premier event.
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

SPA Super 15s Premier event.
by: FlyingScotsman, 30-10-2017 12:15 PM (#1)

Once again, its this time of the year when we hold our Super 15s.

The 16 best leagues, send their teams to play against each other in two groups of 8, round robin basis, with the top 6 from each group going forward to the knockout stages and the bottom two from each group playing off to see which two go down to the first division and which two remain with the best Scotland has to offer.

It's always good to be in the top two from the groups when they are finished, as that gets you a bye into the last 8 and are seeded away from the other top teams who finished there as well, at that stage.

However what it does not give you is one very important thing and that is a game and sometimes the seeded teams come into their first match cold and that can catch them out time after time.

People/players can select which team is going to win one of these events but in a race to 8, in all truth a little bit of luck there for you or against you can change the match and any team with belief can win this event, still have to have good players though, with a good team spirit.

Well the 4 teams that got to the semi's had all that, Kilmarnock who in my opinion have came from no where in the passed few years to one of the very best areas that the SPA have, beat Clackmannan team who always seem to get to the latter part of the events now a days.

Falkirk, at 4 zip down against a great team of Motherwell, looked out but again one bit of luck can change it around and once in front never looked back and all the singing from the Motherwell boys dried up and they were gone as well.

So the final was great, not the best I have seen but when the pressure was there, its hard to control your nerves.

Kilmarnock had the luck right away with one frame that I saw Billy Henderson putting his hand up a good few times to apologise after taking his shot, I thought at that stage it was all going their way but the disher / Fisher, missed what I could only call a simple finish from him and Falkirk came back from 5 3 down to win the title their manager wants more than any other in Scotland and that is the SPA Super 15 Champions for 2017.

Well done to Santa and his boys for once again putting Falkirk on the pool map.

Lastly on another matter I want to give a special mention to one young boy, aged 15,Darren Kay has only taken up the game since Jeff opened up the Mick McGoldrick Academy in Livingston 8 months ago and here he was playing for the Livingston A team, so nervous but took away a great finish on our TV table, its things like this that make me happy.
FlyingScotsman

RE: SPA Super 15s Premier event.
by: Bapsley, 30-10-2017 12:53 PM (#2)

Fantastic write up Ross, love the last paragraph and to think it was only a few months ago there was a vote taken to ban U18s from competing in supers. Very glad that was voted against!

Shout out to all the other kids from the rest of the academies who have also represented their leagues at these events 👏👏

Terri Lapsley
Under 23, Youth and Junior Chairwoman
Scottish Pool Youth Academies Co-Ordinator
Bapsley

by: Woody, 30-10-2017 01:16 PM (#3)

Glad you noticed Billy's finish was slightly fortunate Ross to be fair he put his hand up so often his arm might have got to sore to cue right.

Am more confussed than a baby racoon!!!!!
Woody
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 30-10-2017 01:40 PM (#4)

it was me that asked for under 15s not to attend the supers Terri.

I lost the vote but still believe that is not the place to take the under to, to be very honest, they learn from these events and they can learn, lets say bad habits and I don't think its right.

I lost the vote, in fact not one person agreed with me lol.
FlyingScotsman

by: Bapsley, 30-10-2017 01:58 PM (#5)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
it was me that asked for under 15s not to attend the supers Terri.

I lost the vote but still believe that is not the place to take the under to, to be very honest, they learn from these events and they can learn, lets say bad habits and I don't think its right.

I lost the vote, in fact not one person agreed with me lol.

Dont i know it ross Smile

Terri Lapsley
Under 23, Youth and Junior Chairwoman
Scottish Pool Youth Academies Co-Ordinator
Bapsley

by: FlyingScotsman, 30-10-2017 03:11 PM (#6)

One other thing and its something I should never miss saying;

I have a great bunch of people working for the SPA at these events, from Michael Bastow doing all the work leading up to each event, to Davy Duncan sitting in his office at the Supers, making sure that the apps along with the tablets are all working,

John Reid who comes along with his camera, sets everything up as best as he can because the WFI there is not that great and the tablets take so much of , whatever?

Wee Suzy, who like John helps out on everything along with doing her job on the Drug testing and still has time to go through all the teams selling cards, raising money for our World Championship players.

Our two refs at each event, this time Katie and Gill, I know I give you are hard time ladies but I just want things to go right, all the time.

Elaine, Yvonne ass and sister, the wee one takes no prisoners, so don't get on her bad side, to the one and only Yvonne Ewing our TD and by far the best in the business, not like me who can lose it at a drop of the hat, she tells it as it is and once a decision is taken, then no going back.

They make it looks easy but they are there from the first thing in the morning to the last ball is gone at night, whatever time that happens to be.

So I should first and always thank you for all the work you lot put in at each of these events, it long and it takes so much out of each and every one of you.

Can i just add a big thank you to Renzie for doing our first commentary at this weekends event, feed back with this and the new Hainsworth Match cloth has been great.
FlyingScotsman

by: wee al, 30-10-2017 06:31 PM (#7)

Just a wee bit of info about Livingston young man Darren kay, who played at the supers, he's not 15,he is actually coming up for 17 but looks about 12lol
wee al
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.13 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,446,165 unique visits