22/10/2018 11:20
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S15 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 30

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,193
· Newest Member: Dougied1982
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· SPA Supers - Y&J Att...
· 2018 Scottish Master...
· S15 Squads
· Scottish Seniors Cha...
· 2018 SPA Tour Rankings
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association » General » Super 15s
S15 Streaming
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  S15 Streaming
by: Cyclone, 18-11-2017 07:46 PM (#21)

It's nothing to do with the SPA, is the connection at the venue that is the problem
User Avatar
Cyclone



Posts: 723
Joined: 13.01.08
Location: Overtown

RE: S15 Streaming
by: davy2shots, 18-11-2017 10:31 PM (#22)

Doesn't matter who's at fault. If is doesn't work you should find a way of making it work or the SPA shouldn't bother streaming it. Was murder and embarrasing trying to watch it today.
 
Edited by davy2shots 18-11-2017 10:37 PM
davy2shots
General Member


Posts: 310
Joined: 16.01.08
Location: falkirk
Age: 53

RE: S15 Streaming
by: lumie, 19-11-2017 12:51 PM (#23)

Woeful stream Angry
lumie
General Member


Posts: 875
Joined: 06.06.09
Age: 71

RE: S15 Streaming
by: scottishslack, 19-11-2017 02:19 PM (#24)

A perfect stream is not an entitlement. If the organiser of an event provides a stream then its a bonus.

Granted the quality is poor but recently there seems to be this sense of entitlement that all events require HD streams with commentary! I appreciate technology is improving all the time and there is some great stream providers out there but the counties, for example, don't advertise that there will be a high quality stream provided.

My take is anything is a bonus.
 
Edited by scottishslack 19-11-2017 02:20 PM
scottishslack
General Member


Posts: 716
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Glasgow

RE: S15 Streaming
by: lumie, 19-11-2017 03:59 PM (#25)

Awful just awful Angry
lumie
General Member


Posts: 875
Joined: 06.06.09
Age: 71

RE: S15 Streaming
by: chalmers7, 19-11-2017 09:51 PM (#26)

scottishslack wrote:
A perfect stream is not an entitlement. If the organiser of an event provides a stream then its a bonus.

Granted the quality is poor but recently there seems to be this sense of entitlement that all events require HD streams with commentary! I appreciate technology is improving all the time and there is some great stream providers out there but the counties, for example, don't advertise that there will be a high quality stream provided.

My take is anything is a bonus.


We pay someone every weekend to provide the stream. The stream is therefore an entitlement.
chalmers7
General Member


Posts: 559
Joined: 12.07.12
Location: Dunfermline
Age: 28

RE: S15 Streaming
by: geegee1984, 19-11-2017 10:15 PM (#27)

That stream this weekend was an embarrassment

Also as a player it’s frustrating that when you get home there’s no playback option to watch your frame on the stream
geegee1984
General Member


Posts: 162
Joined: 07.08.14
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 34

RE: S15 Streaming
by: scottishslack, 19-11-2017 11:00 PM (#28)

chalmers7 wrote:
scottishslack wrote:
A perfect stream is not an entitlement. If the organiser of an event provides a stream then its a bonus.

Granted the quality is poor but recently there seems to be this sense of entitlement that all events require HD streams with commentary! I appreciate technology is improving all the time and there is some great stream providers out there but the counties, for example, don't advertise that there will be a high quality stream provided.

My take is anything is a bonus.


We pay someone every weekend to provide the stream. The stream is therefore an entitlement.


I never said it wasn’t. I said a “perfect stream”. Who do we pay for this service?
scottishslack
General Member


Posts: 716
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Glasgow

RE: S15 Streaming
by: chalmers7, 19-11-2017 11:09 PM (#29)

scottishslack wrote:
chalmers7 wrote:
scottishslack wrote:
A perfect stream is not an entitlement. If the organiser of an event provides a stream then its a bonus.

Granted the quality is poor but recently there seems to be this sense of entitlement that all events require HD streams with commentary! I appreciate technology is improving all the time and there is some great stream providers out there but the counties, for example, don't advertise that there will be a high quality stream provided.

My take is anything is a bonus.


We pay someone every weekend to provide the stream. The stream is therefore an entitlement.


I never said it wasn’t. I said a “perfect stream”. Who do we pay for this service?


John Reid normally does it I believe
chalmers7
General Member


Posts: 559
Joined: 12.07.12
Location: Dunfermline
Age: 28

RE: S15 Streaming
by: FlyingScotsman, 20-11-2017 10:27 AM (#30)

Not my area , as you all know when it comes to this im hopeless.

However John not not supply the stream, it is the upload from each venue that supply the stream and I have been assured that they are improving that at PB this coming January.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

Render time: 0.26 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 68,860,762 unique visits