· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association » General » Super 15s
Super 15s Second Division
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Super 15s Second Division
by: FlyingScotsman, 07-11-2017 04:22 PM (#1)

Firstly, must apologise for not getting this done yesterday but very busy.

Our second Super 15s this year and it was for the Second Division this time.

Like most divisions, its very hard to select the winner right from the start, you can see from the off that a few teams were better than others Dundee, Levenmouth, East Ayrshire, Paisley and Motherwell stood out from the rest,in the way they took out finishes etc. However a team that has never really did well at these events in past years is Clydebank but this time it was to be so different.

Firstly my selection Dundee played fantastic pool sometimes and were so bad at other times? In fact Dundee were shouting on Cumbernauld to beat West Fife, so that they could remain in the top two of their group.

Stevie Larwood did just that by winning the final frame and in so, made sure Dundee secured not only the top two position but also put them into the last 8 of the event along with a guaranteed prize money to come, so it was a really big frame.

The quarters had nearly all the teams I have mentioned with East Kilbride and Dunfermline making up the 8.

Motherwell beat East Kilbride 8-6 and Paisley had the same score against East Ayrshire, my selection Dundee got beat by Dunfermline 8-5 who played well and Clydebank destroyed Levenmouth 8-3 and that should have made everyone think?

Semi’s, Paisley lost to Clydebank 8-5 and Dunfermline went down by the same score to Motherwell.

The final saw two teams that were so wanting to win this major event that at one stage I had to halt the play to inform all players that no matter what, we come to play the game the way it should be played, with honesty and sportsmanship.

Motherwell ran out the eventual winners and the SPA Super 15s champions for 2017 by 8 frames to 5.

Both teams are promoted to the first division with Doon Valley and Central Ayr C relegated to the Third Division.

Did Motherwell deserve to win the event, no doubt about that at all, I have never seen one team from Motherwell that does not come as a team, they bond and sing loader than all the rest, with the exception of say an Edinburgh team, so much singing its untrue, trying to get to sleep at night and all I here going through my head is Super Super- Super Motherwell, well now the are Super Motherwell as they are the champions for 2017 and one last word, I cannot forget one person who attends all my events be they Supers 5 person 9 person teams, plays the game as honest as anyone, never really won anything like this in his life and to see his face when he got his medal, well just fantastic, take a bow Walter Melville, you were great mate, oh and have to add young Terri, she played even better than she did last year and fully deserves her place in that team.
FlyingScotsman

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018 20:53
beathorse

13/08/2018 16:38
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018 16:18
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.17 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,447,232 unique visits