May 23 2018 21:33:12
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Events
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
· League Venues
Multimedia and Downloads
· scottishpool on youtube
· Banner Exchange
· Mobile SPA
· Blackball TV
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· RSS Feeds
Users Online
· Guests Online: 13

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Chrissy3uk
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Cue Here Series
· 2018 SPA MM IM#1 Finals
· Nations Cup B event
· Nations Cup B event
· Over 60s pool compet...
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Individual Membership
IM6
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  IM6
by: secretary, 27-11-2017 01:08 AM (#1)

Well done Alan Maxwell winner IM6

Unlucky Mike Murdoch

Attached Images:

secretary
General Member


Posts: 3086
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Scotland

RE: IM6
by: MJ Hire, 27-11-2017 04:59 AM (#2)

Well done maxi. Nothing against you alan but FC Bash removed 3 players, andy black, bryan Murray and Danny Kinney from entering this comp on the 29th September. You have achieved a lot more in pool than Andy and Bryan put together. You really shouldnít have been in the comp. If Iím wrong Iíd like to know why out of interest. For many years you were a top 64 and an internationalist, where bryan and Andy canít even win a cue here flyer. As I say Iím just asking the question nothing more, but well done anyway alan.
 
Edited by MJ Hire 27-11-2017 05:02 AM
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: IM6
by: Viper, 27-11-2017 05:43 PM (#3)

At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.
 
Contracted consultant to Maxlee pool. Making tournaments truly great!!!
Viper
General Member


Posts: 659
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Monklands

RE: IM6
by: Viper, 27-11-2017 05:44 PM (#4)

Slightly harsh on Action and Danny who wouldn't see Maxi in their road on a good day.
 
Contracted consultant to Maxlee pool. Making tournaments truly great!!!
Viper
General Member


Posts: 659
Joined: 24.01.08
Location: Monklands

RE: IM6
by: pedro, 27-11-2017 07:43 PM (#5)

Viper wrote:
At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.


I'll make it easy for you Daz - the rules are no money won in the previous 5 IM's and no top 64 hmm
 
European B Team Champions 2010,2011,2012 & 2013
Scottish Singles R/Up 2011
Scottish Senior Champion 2011
SPA Golf Champion 2012
User Avatar
pedro



Posts: 1492
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: clackmannanshire

RE: IM6
by: sarry, 27-11-2017 07:51 PM (#6)

pedro wrote:
Viper wrote:
At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.


I'll make it easy for you Daz - the rules are no money won in the previous 5 IM's and no top 64 hmm

and wot about the common sense rule .......it applied to a black n d kinneyhmm
sarry



Posts: 809
Joined: 03.02.10

RE: IM6
by: Superman, 27-11-2017 08:10 PM (#7)

Don't understand why Maxi is getting grief here. If the rules are no money won and no top 64 then why should Maxi not play?? It's not a grassroots event. Scotland has gone grassroots mad!!

Well done Maxi. Not easy to win about 10 straight matches to win any event!!
Superman
General Member


Posts: 52
Joined: 12.02.13
Location: Glasgow

RE: IM6
by: pedro, 27-11-2017 08:18 PM (#8)

sarry wrote:
pedro wrote:
Viper wrote:
At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.


I'll make it easy for you Daz - the rules are no money won in the previous 5 IM's and no top 64 hmm

and wot about the common sense rule .......it applied to a black n d kinneyhmm

Eh no the top 64 rule applied to them ......helpless
 
European B Team Champions 2010,2011,2012 & 2013
Scottish Singles R/Up 2011
Scottish Senior Champion 2011
SPA Golf Champion 2012
User Avatar
pedro



Posts: 1492
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: clackmannanshire

RE: IM6
by: Rd, 27-11-2017 08:33 PM (#9)

pedro wrote:
sarry wrote:
pedro wrote:
Viper wrote:
At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.


I'll make it easy for you Daz - the rules are no money won in the previous 5 IM's and no top 64 hmm

and wot about the common sense rule .......it applied to a black n d kinneyhmm

Eh no the top 64 rule applied to them ......helpless


According to Ross here: http://www.scotti...ost_132927
The exec changed the criteria and anyone who has shown they could play at the top level would not be allowed to play?

Now considering 2012 he was ranked 16th, 2013 ranked 14th, 2014 ranked 32nd, 2015 ranked 44th and 2016 ranked 68th, and represented Scotland winning major single titles, Iíd say heís played at the top level for the last 5 years minimum.

Now Iím not saying or complaining that he shouldnít have been allowed to play, Iím just pointing out what was said regarding not letting people slip through the net who would be classed as too good for this IM?

helpless
 
Edited by Rd 27-11-2017 08:46 PM
Rd



Posts: 110
Joined: 20.01.10
Location: Motherwell

RE: IM6
by: sarry, 27-11-2017 09:47 PM (#10)

Rd wrote:
pedro wrote:
sarry wrote:
pedro wrote:
Viper wrote:
At least Maxi wasn't Scottish 9 ball or a Scottish amateur snooker champion however Maxi shouldn't have been near the comp. I feel bad for Mike tbh. Maxi was a world champion at masters or senior level so it should never be allowed. I don't understand the SPA thinking on this.


I'll make it easy for you Daz - the rules are no money won in the previous 5 IM's and no top 64 hmm

and wot about the common sense rule .......it applied to a black n d kinneyhmm

Eh no the top 64 rule applied to them ......helpless


According to Ross here: http://www.scotti...ost_132927
The exec changed the criteria and anyone who has shown they could play at the top level would not be allowed to play?

Now considering 2012 he was ranked 16th, 2013 ranked 14th, 2014 ranked 32nd, 2015 ranked 44th and 2016 ranked 68th, and represented Scotland winning major single titles, Iíd say heís played at the top level for the last 5 years minimum.

Now Iím not saying or complaining that he shouldnít have been allowed to play, Iím just pointing out what was said regarding not letting people slip through the net who would be classed as too good for this IM?

helpless

haw you stop trying to promote some common sense... youl never get on the exec ladder wi that attitude Smile
sarry



Posts: 809
Joined: 03.02.10

RE: IM6
by: FCBash, 27-11-2017 10:28 PM (#11)

MJ Hire wrote:
Well done maxi. Nothing against you alan but FC Bash removed 3 players, andy black, bryan Murray and Danny Kinney from entering this comp on the 29th September. You have achieved a lot more in pool than Andy and Bryan put together. You really shouldnít have been in the comp. If Iím wrong Iíd like to know why out of interest. For many years you were a top 64 and an internationalist, where bryan and Andy canít even win a cue here flyer. As I say Iím just asking the question nothing more, but well done anyway alan.


MJ Hire, is your reference to me removing the players due to them not being in the draw or do you refer to a specific post? The current criteria for removing players from IM6 is that they are a seeded player (Top 64) of the IM Rankings that season and/or have won prize money in events one through to five (inclusive).

With that in mind, Andy Black (33), Bryan Murray (50) and Danny Kinney (62) were removed due to their ranking status under the current criteria. Danny was removed later because I had missed him off my list in error but he was withdrawn prior to the qualifying starting.

Now getting to the gist of the matter, why should Alan not have been in this event? He matches the criteria of being eligible. As I have already said online elsewhere today, there appears to be a common misconception that IM6 is for "lesser" players. That is not the case, in recent times the IM's have evolved and with that the criteria for IM6 has somewhat changed. The criteria nowadays to be ineligible is to be in the Top 64 and/or have won money in the first five events. Now, I am not saying that is right or wrong, but there is no other criteria to remove players, as it stands. If that changes in the future then all fair and well.

IM6 in its earlier days (maybe under the guise of IM5 previously) was aimed at removing the "elite" crop of players but not nowadays. The Willie McCartney has somewhat superceded IM6 in that department.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1591
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: IM6
by: Danny the geetar man, 27-11-2017 11:19 PM (#12)

Speaking as a lesser player, I got to the last 16 of IM6 two years ago and I knew Geoff Dunn and Billy Snaddon were more than likely going to be at the business end of the tournament. That's what spurred me on if I'm honest. The chance to play a player like either of those two is what I looked forward to. I believe you need to beat the best to be the best and I reckon those two were the best. The excitement of getting that far in any tournament for me was second to none.
People moaning and groaning about the fact that Maxi is this or that are out of order in my opinion. He met the criteria but still had a strong field of players in front of him to beat. Cut out the greeting and just congratulate the guy.
 
Superleague A Team Captain

Bannockburn Pool League Rep

Feel The Burn!!!

#nobannockburnnoparty
Danny the geetar man
General Member


Posts: 149
Joined: 15.12.14
Location: Stirling
Age: 30

RE: IM6
by: MJ Hire, 28-11-2017 03:20 AM (#13)

Danny the geetar man wrote:
Speaking as a lesser player, I got to the last 16 of IM6 two years ago and I knew Geoff Dunn and Billy Snaddon were more than likely going to be at the business end of the tournament. That's what spurred me on if I'm honest. The chance to play a player like either of those two is what I looked forward to. I believe you need to beat the best to be the best and I reckon those two were the best. The excitement of getting that far in any tournament for me was second to none.
People moaning and groaning about the fact that Maxi is this or that are out of order in my opinion. He met the criteria but still had a strong field of players in front of him to beat. Cut out the greeting and just congratulate the guy.
Your post is totally wrong and jumping to conclusions. Iím not ďgreetingĒ, I was just curious. Maxi is a former world champion and I was just asking the question. The rules werenít clear but are now. People werent moaning but asked the same question which I feel theyíve got every right. So ďDanny the geeter manĒ, wind your neck in a little. I dont qualify to play in IM6 myself but was just curious of a world champion, thatís all.
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: IM6
by: Cyclone, 28-11-2017 08:52 AM (#14)

IMO I think anyone who hasn't won any money should be allowed to play in IM6, but only if the player has tried to qualify by playing in their local qualifiers, which would need to be police by the IM rep, or the player lost before the money stage at the finals. Just my thoughts on it.
User Avatar
Cyclone



Posts: 692
Joined: 13.01.08
Location: Overtown

RE: IM6
by: Woody, 28-11-2017 12:44 PM (#15)

Ffs time I made a comeback if Maxi is winning IMs
 
Am more confussed than a baby racoon!!!!!
User Avatar
Woody
General Member


Posts: 5185
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: The top of Callander
Age: 41

RE: IM6
by: snookerybing, 28-11-2017 11:48 PM (#16)

As one of the players excluded from this event I am going to be completely honest.
I haven't played at all this year and was nearly top 32 at start of year so had no interest in IM6 , that is until IM 5 when I realised I'd won no cash and could get into IM6 and as I seen it if playing well a good chance to go far, I had stuff on for IM5 but could have forced a change of plans but didn't for that exact reason.
Only complaint is change of rules should have happened well before event was drawn but not a big deal as I was trying to benefit when I probably wasn't entitled.
If maxi was eligible then he shouldn't be getting any grief, well done mate

Ps: MJ Hire couldn't win a flyer in cue here is itbeathorse
 
Edited by snookerybing 28-11-2017 11:49 PM
snookerybing
General Member


Posts: 110
Joined: 30.01.12
Location: airdrie
Age: 45

RE: IM6
by: knowledge, 29-11-2017 12:59 AM (#17)

snookerybing wrote:
As one of the players excluded from this event I am going to be completely honest.
I haven't played at all this year and was nearly top 32 at start of year so had no interest in IM6 , that is until IM 5 when I realised I'd won no cash and could get into IM6 and as I seen it if playing well a good chance to go far, I had stuff on for IM5 but could have forced a change of plans but didn't for that exact reason.
Only complaint is change of rules should have happened well before event was drawn but not a big deal as I was trying to benefit when I probably wasn't entitled.
If maxi was eligible then he shouldn't be getting any grief, well done mate

Ps: MJ Hire couldn't win a flyer in cue here is itbeathorse


If he digs you out for a game ill have half the bet hilarious
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: IM6
by: MJ Hire, 29-11-2017 04:05 AM (#18)

knowledge wrote:
snookerybing wrote:
As one of the players excluded from this event I am going to be completely honest.
I haven't played at all this year and was nearly top 32 at start of year so had no interest in IM6 , that is until IM 5 when I realised I'd won no cash and could get into IM6 and as I seen it if playing well a good chance to go far, I had stuff on for IM5 but could have forced a change of plans but didn't for that exact reason.
Only complaint is change of rules should have happened well before event was drawn but not a big deal as I was trying to benefit when I probably wasn't entitled.
If maxi was eligible then he shouldn't be getting any grief, well done mate

Ps: MJ Hire couldn't win a flyer in cue here is itbeathorse


If he digs you out for a game ill have half the bet hilarious
Just a true expression Bryan, thatís all! Listen to John lol! Last time he won something Vic Gillespie, John Davidson and Bestie were in the comp hilarious
 
Edited by MJ Hire 29-11-2017 04:06 AM
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: IM6
by: knowledge, 29-11-2017 10:02 AM (#19)

MJ Hire wrote:
knowledge wrote:
snookerybing wrote:
As one of the players excluded from this event I am going to be completely honest.
I haven't played at all this year and was nearly top 32 at start of year so had no interest in IM6 , that is until IM 5 when I realised I'd won no cash and could get into IM6 and as I seen it if playing well a good chance to go far, I had stuff on for IM5 but could have forced a change of plans but didn't for that exact reason.
Only complaint is change of rules should have happened well before event was drawn but not a big deal as I was trying to benefit when I probably wasn't entitled.
If maxi was eligible then he shouldn't be getting any grief, well done mate

Ps: MJ Hire couldn't win a flyer in cue here is itbeathorse


If he digs you out for a game ill have half the bet hilarious
Just a true expression Bryan, thatís all! Listen to John lol! Last time he won something Vic Gillespie, John Davidson and Bestie were in the comp hilarious


Three good players!!
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8225
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: IM6
by: maxi, 02-12-2017 03:43 PM (#20)

Viper wrote:
Slightly harsh on Action and Danny who wouldn't see Maxi in their road on a good day.


If you could learn to read you will find it wasnít harsh on Danny at all as it was Andy and Bryan he referred to. secret

I just canít believe how many people enter SPA events and donít attempt to find out what the criteria etc is beforehand.

Itís the sad state of our sport today that the amount of posts saying I shouldnít be anywhere near this event outnumber congratulations posts by at least 10/1, very sad indeed.

Glad I donít spend as much time playing anymore, toxic.
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15016
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< May 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.23 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 62,358,693 unique visits