The Scottish Pool Association » General » Super 11s
S11 Squads
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

S11 Squads
by: MJ Hire, 12-02-2018 02:49 PM (#121)

It was my area that got beat with Cumbernauld b in semi finals. My area has been the laughing stock of Scottish pool for past few years. Last year we won super 11’s and got to semi finals at 15’s. We as an area are trying to improve and would have been nice if our b team qualified. We play by the rule book. Best 14 A team, next best 14 b team etc etc. There’s no arguments. Our B team boys , yes are disappointed at not qualifying and felt let down that things slipped threw the net. It’s done now and need to move on. Enjoy your finals!!! By hook or crook yous got there! clap
MJ Hire
General Member

RE: S11 Squads
by: billabong, 12-02-2018 02:55 PM (#122)

MJ Hire wrote:
It was my area that got beat with Cumbernauld b in semi finals. My area has been the laughing stock of Scottish pool for past few years. Last year we won super 11’s and got to semi finals at 15’s. We as an area are trying to improve and would have been nice if our b team qualified. We play by the rule book. Best 14 A team, next best 14 b team etc etc. There’s no arguments. Our B team boys , yes are disappointed at not qualifying and felt let down that things slipped threw the net. It’s done now and need to move on. Enjoy your finals!!! By hook or crook yous got there! clap

ok, just wondered. I'm sure you guys will be back again ( no sarcastic clapping, just genuine hope yous do, emoji ) .
billabong
General Member

by: secretary, 12-02-2018 03:07 PM (#123)

scooby wrote:
So would This mean that if a team has played 14 players in a playoff and qualified they can only add one player in ?

Unless I'm reading that wrong it doesn't really state that it starts from the playoffs

YES it does

The S11’s and S15’s will be run as one individual event each (i.e. one S11 and one S15) on league basis with promotion and relegation between divisions. There will be qualifiers for the lowest division
secretary
General Member

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 03:12 PM (#124)

Just want to clarify a few things here and think I might be best placed to clarify them as I was lead of the TC when the Superleague structure was introduced so it was our remit to put these criteria in place.

Where it say current A internationals this was purely for Men’s A only, hence why likes of Gill Hayes etc could play for Glasgow B or whoever even though I’m sure she will have been a Ladies A International in the past 3 years.

Hope that clears that dispute up. Sarry is perfectly within the rules to play for B team.

Now onto this debate about team at playoffs must be the team that go to event, never heard of this ruling in my life. There can be any number of reasons why people play in qualifier but then can’t make the finals.

If the exec want to make an example out of this then I would hope they will take that same stance when it comes to players qualifying for iM and not going, or worse still players playing in International qualifiers knowing they can’t make one event but playing so they can make the 2nd event in the year.

Leagues enter a team in the playoffs, this isn’t then a case of the players registered at the event itself.

Leagues are being asked now to publish their squads for the finals, Paul has published our Paisley A team. If we turned up on Friday of premier event with 12 different players would we not be allowed to play?

For me there is no difference, the biggest hint is in the name “qualifier” so shouldn’t be considered the event itself

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 03:16 PM (#125)

secretary wrote:
scooby wrote:
So would This mean that if a team has played 14 players in a playoff and qualified they can only add one player in ?

Unless I'm reading that wrong it doesn't really state that it starts from the playoffs

YES it does

The S11’s and S15’s will be run as one individual event each (i.e. one S11 and one S15) on league basis with promotion and relegation between divisions. There will be qualifiers for the lowest division

Your post contradicts itself Davy as you state the S11 will be run as one event on league basis with promotion and relegation between the leagues.

So therefore teams in qualifiers are not in a league so not part of this one event your quoting.

The only rule that was made regard the qualifiers was that if someone played in a qualifier they would essentially be tied just like if B team plays first a player could then not get promoted to play in later division for A team as an example.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: scooby, 12-02-2018 03:17 PM (#126)

So if Cumbernauld B can only field 9 players out of the 14 that qualified they can only add in 1 player and they would still only have and would need to play with ten players for the event
scooby

by: scooby, 12-02-2018 03:19 PM (#127)

clap
maxi wrote:
Just want to clarify a few things here and think I might be best placed to clarify them as I was lead of the TC when the Superleague structure was introduced so it was our remit to put these criteria in place.

Where it say current A internationals this was purely for Men’s A only, hence why likes of Gill Hayes etc could play for Glasgow B or whoever even though I’m sure she will have been a Ladies A International in the past 3 years.

Hope that clears that dispute up. Sarry is perfectly within the rules to play for B team.

Now onto this debate about team at playoffs must be the team that go to event, never heard of this ruling in my life. There can be any number of reasons why people play in qualifier but then can’t make the finals.

If the exec want to make an example out of this then I would hope they will take that same stance when it comes to players qualifying for iM and not going, or worse still players playing in International qualifiers knowing they can’t make one event but playing so they can make the 2nd event in the year.

Leagues enter a team in the playoffs, this isn’t then a case of the players registered at the event itself.

Leagues are being asked now to publish their squads for the finals, Paul has published our Paisley A team. If we turned up on Friday of premier event with 12 different players would we not be allowed to play?

For me there is no difference, the biggest hint is in the name “qualifier” so shouldn’t be considered the event itself
scooby

by: knowledge, 12-02-2018 03:25 PM (#128)

maxi wrote:

So if I play in a Scottish "qualifier" have I played in the Scottish or not? hmm
knowledge
General Member

by: MJ Hire, 12-02-2018 03:26 PM (#129)

maxi wrote:

look its done now alan, but you pick the word “qualifier “ and used it to your advantage. Your moving goal posts here. Something is wrote down here and you’ve said “aye but it means this” , it doesn’t say that I’m afraid. The way the Coatbridge B captain and myself took it is no A internationals! That’s the way it’s clearly stated. Maybe rules should be worded correctly in correct format and there would be no “aye buts!” As I say let’s put closure to this and if it was worded correctly there would be no arguments here. Btw big Sarry is s gem of a guy just incase anyone thinks I have it in for him. I call him my own personal ATM

Edited by MJ Hire 12-02-2018 03:38 PM
MJ Hire
General Member

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 04:22 PM (#130)

Marc I’m not saying it “should” mean this, I’m TELLING you what it means.

It was me that wrote it and if you go back when it was announced you will see all these debates taking place in regards to who it covers as people were saying they had boys who played for U18 and U23 A teams and wondered if they were ineligible.

So this was all covered years ago.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 04:24 PM (#131)

knowledge wrote:
maxi wrote:

So if I play in a Scottish "qualifier" have I played in the Scottish or not? hmm

Of course you’ve not, as you state yourself you’ve played in a qualifier.

The Scottish consists of last 128 players. Or more depending on how a meeting decides to increase/decrease the finals field.

If you lose in first round of qualifier would you tell someone you got beat in first round of the Scottish singles or would you say you didn’t qualify?

Or perhaps the points start from first round of qualifier now, has that changed?

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 12-02-2018 04:25 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 04:53 PM (#132)

And the other disparity in your comparison is how much did Coatbridge B, Cumbernauld B etc pay to enter the Super 11s?

To save any flaffing about with smart quips etc they don’t pay anything, only the winners have to pay the entry fee and caravan costs to ENTER the event.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: knowledge, 12-02-2018 05:05 PM (#133)

maxi wrote:
knowledge wrote:
maxi wrote:

Of course you’ve not, as you state yourself you’ve played in a qualifier.

The Scottish consists of last 128 players. Or more depending on how a meeting decides to increase/decrease the finals field.

If you lose in first round of qualifier would you tell someone you got beat in first round of the Scottish singles or would you say you didn’t qualify?

Or perhaps the points start from first round of qualifier now, has that changed?

Well for years money has been taken off me to play in the Scottish. I must be due a few refunds.
knowledge
General Member

by: knowledge, 12-02-2018 05:10 PM (#134)

maxi wrote:
And the other disparity in your comparison is how much did Coatbridge B, Cumbernauld B etc pay to enter the Super 11s?

To save any flaffing about with smart quips etc they don’t pay anything, only the winners have to pay the entry fee and caravan costs to ENTER the event.

hilarious

Love it.

No they don't pay anything. They move to the next stage of the event where fees are payable. Just as a Scottish qualifier moves to the next stage of the Scottish, which is why we get over a thousand entries for the Scottish and not 128 entries.
knowledge
General Member

by: steven290605, 12-02-2018 05:21 PM (#135)

East Kilbride A Team

First Division

Lee Crawford
Kenny Rankin
Sergio Facchini
James Hanney
Jamie Thom
Grant Mcnairn
Stephen McCrimmond
Willie Mcafferty
Ian Livingston
Gary Kelly
Lee Miller
Alan Clare
steven290605
General Member

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 05:31 PM (#136)

knowledge wrote:
maxi wrote:

hilarious

Love it.

No they don't pay anything. They move to the next stage of the event where fees are payable. Just as a Scottish qualifier moves to the next stage of the Scottish, which is why we get over a thousand entries for the Scottish and not 128 entries.

It’s not the next stage though, it’s the actual event.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 12-02-2018 05:34 PM (#137)

Easiest course of action here is publish player list of qualifier winners since these playoffs started and then publish the players lists at the event and if anyone has swapped more than maximum squad size then nothing you can do about it other than make a proposal to close the loophole.

But did you already try that John? How was it received?

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: AntonConnor23, 12-02-2018 05:37 PM (#138)

So what is the outcome of this whole scenario? Are they in/out? Or do they have to stick to there original squad that was at qualifiers ?
AntonConnor23
General Member

by: Bezberrie, 12-02-2018 06:21 PM (#139)

Can a player play in more than one weekend but for the same area?

I have just had a player pull out due to illness and he was meant to be playing in the weeken of 23-25th February.

Our “B” team has just played last weekend. Am I able to take one of those players down to our event???

Cheers
Bezberrie
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 12-02-2018 06:32 PM (#140)

Bezberrie wrote:
Can a player play in more than one weekend but for the same area?

I have just had a player pull out due to illness and he was meant to be playing in the weeken of 23-25th February.

Our “B” team has just played last weekend. Am I able to take one of those players down to our event???

Cheers

No a player can only play in one team for the Super 11s
yvonne_ewing
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< June 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.38 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 63,439,578 unique visits