The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Super 11s
Cumbernauld Super 11b team situation
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Cumbernauld Super 11b team situation
by: maxi, 12-02-2018 11:46 PM (#1)

Thought I would start a new thread as I realised the discussion was taking over a thread meant for squads.

This looks like it finally puts this to bed as Ross declared what Cumbernauld have done as ok:-

FlyingScotsman wrote:
joebuck wrote:
So if a team turns up at the play off's with 12 players and qualifies for the competition proper, they can then turn up at the competition proper with a completely different 12?

Or is it a max of 15 for the whole tournament?

Now I would suggest if a team plays with 15 at play off's then only takes 12 to Craig Tara, they should be liable to pay for 15 caravan slots, play off's after all are part of the same competition.

They can have different players but you are going over board with 12 different players.

Remember that any player who plays in the play offs cannot play for any other team at the finals, no matter if they qualify or not.

Now Cumbernauld are not changing 12 players so they canít be going overboard. But the fact Ross declared no rules would be broken even if they did speaks volumes.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

RE: Cumbernauld Super 11b team situation
by: FlyingScotsman, 13-02-2018 11:41 AM (#2)

Maxi what I said I totally believed but I was wrong, I did not know that once a team had registered their players, that was the only players they could use, up to a maximum of 15.

Just as I never knew when I was the manager of the Masters A team and Scottish and European Masters champion, that I had to tell myself by posting on the SPA website that I wanted in the team.

I knew I wanted to play but did not know that I had to tell myself in writing on the SPA website that I wanted to play.

I lost out, as you know , in playing for the A team that year, why because I never read the policy correctly, just as I never read the SPA rules when it came down to knowing the maximum of players any team can register.

The Supers start not at the finals but at the play offs and as such any team can only register up to a maximum of 15 players to use at one event.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 13-02-2018 11:42 AM
FlyingScotsman

by: maxi, 13-02-2018 12:23 PM (#3)

What load of tosh Ross.

Are you honestly going to tell everyone on here that if a team take 15 to the playoffs and then they have any call offs they are not allowed to bring in anyone.

Iím going to go over every team that has qualified in last 3 years and see how many players any team has changed as Iíll place bet with you that teams have done so in the past.

There has never been a rule put in place that you only have up to a maximum of 15 players between who plays at playoffs and who goes to finals.

I can qualify for Scottish doubles with a player and change him to got to finals, so I can change 50% of that team.

What I find extremely frustrating here is for some reason, but only when it suits the powers that be, that rules must be adhered to. Yet they get ignored every other time.

Either follow rules religiously or donít, or even better actually publish the rules before the event.

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: maxi, 14-02-2018 10:37 AM (#4)

Just to show there is no actual rule in place Iíve checked squads and found a team who won playoffs with 13 players and only took 5 of that squad to the finals.

FACT

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Sizzler, 14-02-2018 10:58 AM (#5)

Question for you Maxi.

Do you adhere to the 1 minute rule every frame you play?
Sizzler
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 14-02-2018 12:16 PM (#6)

Maxi I'm sure your 100% correct son but just because a rule was not followed before does not mean it should not be when it is found out that its been broken.

As I pointed out to you, I never even knew the rule but its there and I think this time it was because the very next day after Cumbernauld had won their play offs, they advertised for any player who wish to attend the finals, something that the other teams who had broken this rule did not.
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 14-02-2018 12:16 PM (#7)

Maxi I'm sure your 100% correct son but just because a rule was not followed before does not mean it should not be when it is found out that its been broken.

As I pointed out to you, I never even knew the rule but its there and I think this time it was because the very next day after Cumbernauld had won their play offs, they advertised for any player who wish to attend the finals, something that the other teams who had broken this rule did not.
FlyingScotsman

by: 8ballchick, 14-02-2018 12:19 PM (#8)

maxi wrote:
Just to show there is no actual rule in place Iíve checked squads and found a team who won playoffs with 13 players and only took 5 of that squad to the finals.

FACT

How far back did you go to find that just I know this situation has been a learning curve and new rules are implemented where they have found loopholes and teams trying to work the system basically. I agree the max 15 players when guys are having to make both qualifier and the main event is a bit stringent but where is the line drawn. Is it fair say a team go and qualify and can make the event but the captain drops them for the main event to take their pals. It is known to happen I think having this rule prevents that kind of thing.

Also can you really say its fair to the other teams who all wanted to go to the weekend but guys who had no intention of going knocked them out of a place. Maybe the SPA are trying to eradicate that so it is fair to teams who actually want to go and can go?

I would be surprised if there is a team who played qualifiers who all went to event but I would still expect the majority of that qualifying team to be going?

Lets cut to the chase how many players are Cumbernauld looking to change? 2-3? I think anything more than 5 players is a NO SWEARING!! take but if nothing was formally stipulated how are players meant to know any better?
8ballchick

by: pedro, 14-02-2018 01:22 PM (#9)

8ballchick wrote:
maxi wrote:

FACT

Lets cut to the chase how many players are Cumbernauld looking to change? 2-3? I think anything more than 5 players is a NO SWEARING!! take but if nothing was formally stipulated how are players meant to know any better?

Try 11 ........

European B Team Champions 2010,2011,2012 & 2013
Scottish Singles R/Up 2011
Scottish Senior Champion 2011
SPA Golf Champion 2012
pedro

by: Fruits, 14-02-2018 01:52 PM (#10)

The main problem here is that even if there is a rule that 15 players max includes the play offs, it's not very clear is it?

The Secretary has quoted a few lines from the constitution, if you click the link for constitution on this website, you get a message saying it's unavailable as it's being re-drafted. Even then, the lines quoted from the secretary could be much clearer as to squads for the play offs IMO.

I was under the impression that the only squad rules were that If a player played with a team in the play offs, he then couldn't change to another team. As long as that rule hasn't been broken and Cumbernaulds A team is Stronger than there B team, then I don't see what is wrong with what they've done. They aren't really gaining any advantage so to speak!

Also, this rule about Internatiinal A team players not playing with B teams, well that must be a very new rule as a current Men's A player played with a B team at the 15s in November!!! A move that was given the green light before the event!

It seems no one is really 100% sure exactly what the rule(or definition) of the rules are.

We've had instances in the past where teams were aloud to draft players in once the event had started, I don't see why it's such an issue for a team to make changes well in advance of the event as let's be honest the 'rule' in question is not clear at all and even Ross didn't know of it, never mind one of the captains.
Fruits
General Member

by: DOSSER, 14-02-2018 01:58 PM (#11)

One thing that seems to have been overlooked here is how fundamentally unfair this rule is

Take 2017 Super 11s.

The request for the playoff squads to be submitted was posted on 20th Jan - 2 days before the qualifier and nearly 5 weeks before the actual weekend event (24/26 Feb )... 5 Weeks!

The 2nd division was scheduled for the 17/19 March and the request for squad names was posted on the 13th March - 4 days before the event.

the playoff teams are already going to a lot of extra time and expense to try qualify now the team captain is expected to keep the same squad together and pray to the heavens they can avoid all unexpected events occurring that could adversely affect the team for nearly 5 weeks when teams that do not have the burden of playoffs can submit there final squad upto a few days before the event is just ridiculous.

It is already harsh imo that players who fail to qualify cannot then represent there county with another section but to add this is just non sensical.

"For playoff teams the tournament has started for them from the date of qualifiers"

stupid stupid unfair ruling.

Edited by DOSSER 14-02-2018 01:59 PM
DOSSER
General Member

by: MJ Hire, 14-02-2018 02:10 PM (#12)

11 players you say Pete. I find this hard to believe that the captain didnít know at least a few of them couldnít make finals. Making a pure mockery of the competition. This has got to be looked into. Our Coatbridge b team lads were so disappointed on missing out only to be beaten by Cumbernauld in the semi finals. If this isnít dealt with in the correct manner it is devaluing the competition altogether. 11 players canít make it. Come on spa , use common sense here
MJ Hire
General Member

by: 8ballchick, 14-02-2018 02:12 PM (#13)

DOSSER wrote:
One thing that seems to have been overlooked here is how fundamentally unfair this rule is

Take 2017 Super 11s.

The request for the playoff squads to be submitted was posted on 20th Jan - 2 days before the qualifier and nearly 5 weeks before the actual weekend event (24/26 Feb )... 5 Weeks!

The 2nd division was scheduled for the 17/19 March and the request for squad names was posted on the 13th March - 4 days before the event.

the playoff teams are already going to a lot of extra time and expense to try qualify now the team captain is expected to keep the same squad together and pray to the heavens they can avoid all unexpected events occurring that could adversely affect the team for nearly 5 weeks when teams that do not have the burden of playoffs can submit there final squad upto a few days before the event is just ridiculous.

It is already harsh imo that players who fail to qualify cannot then represent there county with another section but to add this is just non sensical.

"For playoff teams the tournament has started for them from the date of qualifiers"

think your missing one valid point here in the fact that most squads would have been picked long before the qualifier. All the secretary has asked is that the squads were named to allow for the poolapp to be updated and make it easier for captains to keep scores up-to-date online. He wasnt asking for squads to be picked two days before. If your telling me you left it to 2 days before a qualifier to pick your squad I would say change your name to pinnochio. And 5 weeks from the qualifier I wouldn't have thought there would be much of a change when you select your team you not only ask if they can make the qualifier but also the main event. Its not rocket science!!
8ballchick

by: 8ballchick, 14-02-2018 02:14 PM (#14)

MJ Hire wrote:
11 players you say Pete. I find this hard to believe that the captain didnít know at least a few of them couldnít make finals. Making a pure mockery of the competition. This has got to be looked into. Our Coatbridge b team lads were so disappointed on missing out only to be beaten by Cumbernauld in the semi finals. If this isnít dealt with in the correct manner it is devaluing the competition altogether. 11 players canít make it. Come on spa , use common sense here

you can imagine how Edinburgh 'F' felt only losing 6-5 to them in final!!
8ballchick

by: DOSSER, 14-02-2018 02:24 PM (#15)

8ballchick wrote:
DOSSER wrote:

Take 2017 Super 11s.

think your missing one valid point here in the fact that most squads would have been picked long before the qualifier. All the secretary has asked is that the squads were named to allow for the poolapp to be updated and make it easier for captains to keep scores up-to-date online. He wasnt asking for squads to be picked two days before. If your telling me you left it to 2 days before a qualifier to pick your squad I would say change your name to pinnochio. And 5 weeks from the qualifier I wouldn't have thought there would be much of a change when you select your team you not only ask if they can make the qualifier but also the main event. Its not rocket science!!

You mis-understand.

A 2nd division team, or any other team will ofcourse have the players picked weeks before the event... but the captain is not being asked to 100% submit those names weeks before the event... so they can make any changes they want right up till few days before the event starts - if 6 players call off with the flu a week or 2 before the event the team captain can bring in replacements.

However A playoff team is being asked to lock in there team - not pick or provisionally select - asked to confirm there squad names WEEKS before the event - so IF they qualified and something outwith there control happens that they lost 5/6 players in the 4/5 weeks leading up to the event then this rule means they do not have the same luxury of being able to bring in replacements.

Edited by DOSSER 14-02-2018 02:26 PM
DOSSER
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 14-02-2018 03:13 PM (#16)

DOSSER wrote:
8ballchick wrote:
DOSSER wrote:

Take 2017 Super 11s.

You mis-understand.

A 2nd division team, or any other team will ofcourse have the players picked weeks before the event... but the captain is not being asked to 100% submit those names weeks before the event... so they can make any changes they want right up till few days before the event starts - if 6 players call off with the flu a week or 2 before the event the team captain can bring in replacements.

However A playoff team is being asked to lock in there team - not pick or provisionally select - asked to confirm there squad names WEEKS before the event - so IF they qualified and something outwith there control happens that they lost 5/6 players in the 4/5 weeks leading up to the event then this rule means they do not have the same luxury of being able to bring in replacements.

Well i think you are not understand what has happened here, again just my opinion.

The team selected by Cumbernauld to win the play offs , were in the Tc opinion just as good as the Cumbernauld A team select this year, so how good were they, nothing wrong then with that, as the TC made their decision, however the very next day after winning the event, a post went on asking who wanted to play for the B team at the finals?

Now this is not someone not being able to make it because of work family problems etc, this is a post asking who wants to play and in the end there were 11 other players, not in that team who are now going to PB.

As Maxi has pointed out this has happened before, well maybe not 11 but far more than the rule allows and so it should have been cought by myself or the TC but these other teams did not go onto their website the very next day asking WHO WANTS TO PLAY, it was done, I believe on a genuine basis of players over a period not being able to make it.

I believe that Cumbernauld selected a team to qualify for the finals, knowing that a lot of them could or did not want to go to those finals and I think that is morally wrong and I told them that on their website.

However I did not know a rule was being broken at that point, if I did know, I would have told them that.

So now we have a problem, either the Cumbernauld team go by the rules of the SPA or they withdraw from the event and allow the SPA to replace them.

Lastly one player said to me that it would cost the Cumbernauld team £800/£900, I pointed out no matter what happens, if the team on this occation cannot make it then I believe they should get all their money back, even if the SPA cannot replace their team at this late stage and we would just play with one team short in that group, not perfect I know, again just my opinion but I think this time as the rules were not clear to all, that this should be the decision.
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 14-02-2018 03:13 PM (#17)

DOSSER wrote:
8ballchick wrote:
DOSSER wrote:

Take 2017 Super 11s.

You mis-understand.

Well i think you are not understand what has happened here, again just my opinion.

The team selected by Cumbernauld to win the play offs , were in the Tc opinion just as good as the Cumbernauld A team select this year, so how good were they, nothing wrong then with that, as the TC made their decision, however the very next day after winning the event, a post went on asking who wanted to play for the B team at the finals?

Now this is not someone not being able to make it because of work family problems etc, this is a post asking who wants to play and in the end there were 11 other players, not in that team who are now going to PB.

As Maxi has pointed out this has happened before, well maybe not 11 but far more than the rule allows and so it should have been cought by myself or the TC but these other teams did not go onto their website the very next day asking WHO WANTS TO PLAY, it was done, I believe on a genuine basis of players over a period not being able to make it.

I believe that Cumbernauld selected a team to qualify for the finals, knowing that a lot of them could or did not want to go to those finals and I think that is morally wrong and I told them that on their website.

However I did not know a rule was being broken at that point, if I did know, I would have told them that.

So now we have a problem, either the Cumbernauld team go by the rules of the SPA or they withdraw from the event and allow the SPA to replace them.

Lastly one player said to me that it would cost the Cumbernauld team £800/£900, I pointed out no matter what happens, if the team on this occation cannot make it then I believe they should get all their money back, even if the SPA cannot replace their team at this late stage and we would just play with one team short in that group, not perfect I know, again just my opinion but I think this time as the rules were not clear to all, that this should be the decision.
FlyingScotsman

by: DOSSER, 14-02-2018 03:16 PM (#18)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
DOSSER wrote:
8ballchick wrote:
DOSSER wrote:

Take 2017 Super 11s.

You mis-understand.

its the rule in general I have a concern with Ross

Also, is this not why there is a vetting process in place with the TC ? so what if a team wanted to replace 11 players - if they are not tied to another area, not Cat A ringers and they are bonifide D team or 3rd division players approved by the TC why shouldn't it be allowed?

What is this rule ment to achieve or prevent that the TC vetting cant already do? I just don't see the point of it.
DOSSER
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 14-02-2018 03:34 PM (#19)

The point being and this is where the problem comes from, we only allow 15 players to be registered for a Super 11s team.

What's been pointed out , is that the event starts at the play off stage, when the qualifiers have came through, we really only check that none of those players have played in other teams that have went before them to the finals, when we should also have checked how many changes did they make from the play offs stage.

You see from my post above, its only my opinion but I feel that this time because they put out their post the day after ASKING who wants to play that this has came up.

I did write to the Exec asking them to make a change in future years that teams from the play offs could only have a maximum of so many changes, again not knowing there was already a rule in place stopping this from happening.

I felt sorry, if that's the right word for the beaten team at Styx and well thought it was unfair on them, with what went on the very next day and it has now been proved that 11 players from that team now cannot attend the finals, yes some will have genuine reasons of course but 11, that to me is wrong.

Teams who attend the play offs should have roughly the same players who go to the finals, its an 11 person team event and giving teams 4 more players to bring in , should be enough, again in my opinion.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 14-02-2018 06:11 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: maxi, 14-02-2018 10:34 PM (#20)

Iíve still not read this rule you keep saying exists Ross.

Read thru the rules that Davy has said are in place, which by the way we can only assume he has not added wording in himself given the exec canít even let its members read the constitution.

And if it lists rules I want every single one followed to the letter and if that means teams stripped of titles so be it.

We canít enforce rules when it suits ross.

Youíve just opened Pandoraís box.

Only two things I can see from Davys posts is you canít add any players after managers meeting, well Cumbernauld didnít have a captains meeting. And other thing is you must add all players to live scoring app, well the playoffs donít use the live scoring app. So the 15 players rule is when the event starts in Ernest not the playoffs.

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 14-02-2018 10:37 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< September 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

10/09/2018
when is the draw being done for IM5? tyvm

10/09/2018
Sorry according to the rep all is good Smile

10/09/2018
I hope East Kilbride sent Im 5 results via a different source but They are Alex Campbell,Grant McNairn , Mark O'Brien

04/09/2018
Good at what he does but defo not a people person.

04/09/2018
I wouldny bother Davy Watson. Every question gets a smart arse comment from the Secretary.

Render time: 1.11 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 66,862,673 unique visits