· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ General
£5 registration fee passed at meeting today
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

£5 registration fee passed at meeting today
by: Macleod00, 09-07-2018 05:18 PM (#61)

FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:
So if guys play in the Supers they have to pay an extra £5 or is it just SPA singles and doubles comps this is for??

All SPA events will fall under the banner. So whether you play in one or all SPA events it will be a £5 fee.

So what does the £50 affiliation qualify leagues for then?
Macleod00
General Member

RE: £5 registration fee passed at meeting today
by: maxi, 09-07-2018 05:46 PM (#62)

FCBash wrote:
Can I please just take a moment to reflect on this.

There a lot of talk ongoing regarding several topics, but there is also a lot of hot air being spouted. Each time a decision like this is made it is always 'The SPA' at fault for the decision. This proposal was made by a member, seconded and the voted on, ironically, by the members. I don't recall of the Exec making this proposal.

I have not seen anyone blame the exec for this £5 registration fee because, for this time, the constitution was actually followed, but what blame does lie at the execs door is that the minutes from the AGM have not been made public so how can any reps who werenít in attendance know what to ask their members how they were to vote?

That IS unconstitutional..

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: sarry, 09-07-2018 06:45 PM (#63)

is it right that international trials are getting shelved
sarry

by: knowledge, 09-07-2018 07:16 PM (#64)

JB wrote:
Quick question...
A player is asked to play in the super 15s by the team captain. This player has not paid the £5.

Does he:
a) get to pay the £5 to allow his inclusion, or
b ) he's excluded from possible selection.

Thanks

Your membership fee becomes due with your first entry to a SPA event.
knowledge
General Member

by: The Hurricane, 09-07-2018 07:23 PM (#65)

Just out of curiosity, What do you get for this fee?

Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
The Hurricane
General Member

by: FCBash, 09-07-2018 08:17 PM (#66)

Macleod00 wrote:
FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:
So if guys play in the Supers they have to pay an extra £5 or is it just SPA singles and doubles comps this is for??

All SPA events will fall under the banner. So whether you play in one or all SPA events it will be a £5 fee.

So what does the £50 affiliation qualify leagues for then?

It has been proposed to reduce this to a nominal £5 also for affiliation. This will be voted on at the next meeting.

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 09-07-2018 08:19 PM (#67)

sarry wrote:
is it right that international trials are getting shelved

The entire International Selection Policy is being shelved, which will in effect be after the World Championships. So in short, yes, the trials will be shelved as they form part of the policy.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 09-07-2018 08:20 PM (#68)

The Hurricane wrote:

You'll gain membership to the SPA and have access to all of the competitions that the SPA offer.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 09-07-2018 08:22 PM (#69)

maxi wrote:
I have not seen anyone blame the exec for this £5 registration fee because, for this time, the constitution was actually followed, but what blame does lie at the execs door is that the minutes from the AGM have not been made public so how can any reps who werenít in attendance know what to ask their members how they were to vote?

That IS unconstitutional..

I've seen a few fingers pointed in the direction of the Exec Maxi.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: The Hurricane, 09-07-2018 08:43 PM (#70)

FCBash wrote:
The Hurricane wrote:

You'll gain membership to the SPA and have access to all of the competitions that the SPA offer.

You mean like an entry fee, or are we doing away with those now?

Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
The Hurricane
General Member

by: FCBash, 09-07-2018 08:47 PM (#71)

The Hurricane wrote:
You mean like an entry fee, or are we doing away with those now?

Yes, very similar to an entry fee. A small individual affiliation fee.

Although the plan is not to do away with entry fees.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: secretary, 09-07-2018 10:21 PM (#72)

daz1982 wrote:
Got to say that I personally never heard of this proposal, but I understand peopleís anger , it looks as if this is only a benefit of the top players yet again but on the other side just put the 5 IMs up to £6 instead of £5 then this doesnít look as bad but poor communication makes this look a lot worse than it really is . As for some of the defence for this in regards to other organisations entries is just unbelievable poor response, in fact nearing on embarrassing

It will NOT be for the benefit of the top players
It will benefit Youths Juniors and LD;s

Check the other post on IM's - entry fee £25 ---- top 16 players £125
secretary
General Member

by: secretary, 09-07-2018 10:28 PM (#73)

The SPA are the only organisation that does NOT have a proper individual membership.

Register a league and anyone can play... move from league to league....
Play in multiple Leagues

The SPA need a complete data base of all players
secretary
General Member

by: Gerryb, 10-07-2018 04:04 PM (#74)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping
West of Scotland poor Tour growing
East of Scotland pool tour in 1st year

IPA and Supreme Series growing

What is spaís answer
Charge itís members £5.00 hmm

Lets answer a few of your points;

IM turnouts dropping, yes, players choice who has qualified if they wish to attend but entries to the IMs were up, which surprised me.

West of Scotland and all the tours are up and great to see.

IPA growing yes, they run their events for the best players in Europe and the best players pay how much to enter them ?

Surpreme series growing, well since they have only ever ran one event, I would wait to see how they grow in their second year before I would say they are growing, as for charging, they took off over 41000 pounds from the entries /sponsorship to run the series in one club, their own.

As for the the membership fee being asked now from all players who wish to play in SPA events, I can understand why a lot of players are saying its to help out the top players but its not that simple.

The game is changing for the better and the SPA have to change or go backwards, the money raised from this will help pay towards ALL international sections along with developing the youths etc, how many times have you heard that other countries help pay expenses to their players to attend international events, where as the SPA do not, well its quite simple really, these countries charge £10 membership or even £20 membership fees from their members and have done for years, so now the SPA are starting to do the same and I think it should have done it when we first started in 1979.

We may lose leagues, we will certainly lose players but we have to start this at one point or the other, the same as the Scottish championships had to increase or does it just stay that way forever?

What £5 bought you in 2000 does not buy you the same in 2018, things change ladies and gentleman and the SPA has to change with the times ahead.

So the arguement for change is .............we should have done this years ago? Do the many want to subsidise the few would have been a more honest question. However, its not even a question, its being imposed. The players should be up in arms about this, its not just the fiver, its the democratic process being stripped away to serve the few (the selection process being one). Its the lack of proper financial accountability and the lack of leadership. A good leader can intriduce change but you have to take the members on the journey with you not just accept you will lose folk. If you call the SPA a business then at this point it is not fit for purpose.

Pumped more times than a cheap hooker

Edited by Gerryb 10-07-2018 04:05 PM
Gerryb

by: knowledge, 10-07-2018 04:08 PM (#75)

Gerryb wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping

What is spaís answer

IM turnouts dropping, yes, players choice who has qualified if they wish to attend but entries to the IMs were up, which surprised me.

IPA growing yes, they run their events for the best players in Europe and the best players pay how much to enter them ?

Surpreme series growing, well since they have only ever ran one event, I would wait to see how they grow in their second year before I would say they are growing, as for charging, they took off over 41000 pounds from the entries /sponsorship to run the series in one club, their own.

As for the the membership fee being asked now from all players who wish to play in SPA events, I can understand why a lot of players are saying its to help out the top players but its not that simple.

The game is changing for the better and the SPA have to change or go backwards, the money raised from this will help pay towards ALL international sections along with developing the youths etc, how many times have you heard that other countries help pay expenses to their players to attend international events, where as the SPA do not, well its quite simple really, these countries charge £10 membership or even £20 membership fees from their members and have done for years, so now the SPA are starting to do the same and I think it should have done it when we first started in 1979.

We may lose leagues, we will certainly lose players but we have to start this at one point or the other, the same as the Scottish championships had to increase or does it just stay that way forever?

What £5 bought you in 2000 does not buy you the same in 2018, things change ladies and gentleman and the SPA has to change with the times ahead.

So the arguement for change is .............we should have done this years ago? Do the many want to subsidise the few would have been a more honest question. However, its not even a question, its being imposed. The players should be up in arms about this, its not just the fiver, its the democratic process being stripped away to serve the few (the selection process being one). Its the lack of proper financial accountability and the lack of leadership. A good leader can intriduce change but you have to take the members on the journey with you not just accept you will lose folk. If you call the SPA a business then at this point it is not fit for purpose.

When the books come out, get a set off your rep, scrutinise them and give us your thoughts. hmm
knowledge
General Member

by: the monkey, 10-07-2018 04:20 PM (#76)

knowledge wrote:
Gerryb wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping

What is spaís answer

When the books come out, get a set off your rep, scrutinise them and give us your thoughts. hmm

GERRY YOU ARE CORRECT ON THIS

ITS A DISGRACE THIS HAS BEING SCRAPPED THE WEE PLAYER HAS NO CHANCE AGAIN UNLESS HE OR SHE IS PALS WITH THE MANAGER

THE TRIALS WERE BEST THING TO HAPPEN

TIME FOR A NEW PROMOTER AND COMMITEE

world champion manager 2016
nations champion 2016
European champion manager 2017
5 man champion 2016
5 man champion 2017
the monkey

by: knowledge, 11-09-2018 05:27 PM (#77)

Just a wee point on this after looking at the accounts on Sunday.

The SPA turnover was just short of £150k last year. Effectively a small company run (however badly) largely by volunteers. It is also largely non-profit. Last year was a profit of about £500.

Our income comes largely from the supers and the money made there is used by us to fund managers for kids and LDs and buy shirts for internationalists and generally try to help the game of pool. (That's what it is in my romantic eyes anyway).

Now back to the profit. £500. We must be approaching 2000 people playing in SPA events now and that's what, about £0.25 per player we end up with in the kitty if we want to do more for the game.

For trying to administer/administrate? an organisation that size.

I don't think £5 is a lot nor do I think it is poor value.
knowledge
General Member

by: wendy, 12-09-2018 03:55 AM (#78)

knowledge wrote:
Gerryb wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping

What is spaís answer

I'll get them of you then cause it appears you've been to about the same amount of meetings as me lately lol hmm pray

Edinburgh SPA Rep
wendy
General Member

by: knowledge, 12-09-2018 12:20 PM (#79)

wendy wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Gerryb wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping

What is spaís answer

I'll get them of you then cause it appears you've been to about the same amount of meetings as me lately lol hmm pray

Never noticed you on Sundayhmm
knowledge
General Member

by: wendy, 12-09-2018 03:29 PM (#80)

knowledge wrote:
wendy wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Gerryb wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
IM turnouts are dropping

What is spaís answer

Never noticed you on Sundayhmm

You wouldn't have sleep won over boredom helpless

Edinburgh SPA Rep
wendy
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< November 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

Render time: 0.41 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 70,124,481 unique visits