33 Paisley - 18 - 3
34 Perth - 28 - 4
35 Thurso - 9 - 1
36 Uddingston - 30 - 5
37 West Fife - 16 - 3
38 Whitburn - 15 - 2

Pro Rata was 1 in 6.291
127 Qfrs + Defending Champion = 128 Qfrs

The Area Draws will be published when they are available, which may be a week or so.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

RE: 2018 Scottish Singles Pro-Rata
by: The Horologist, 12-07-2018 07:36 PM (#2)

Are these numbers (down from 1296 last year, to 801 this year) correct?????

IM's = Lost almost all relevance and definitely all identity.

Supers = All totally irrelevant, bar 1 event (Premier) the rest are simply SPA fundraisers.

Scottish = Entries down almost 40%....IN 1 YEAR!!!!!

Next years IM entries - We Shall see................

International Selection Policy - No longer exists.

= The SPA - Losing their direction!!!!!

If this was a company, i'm sorry to be brutally honest, but AT LEAST 1 board member, and very probably a few more, would have had to go by now!!!!

This all looks very shambolic.

Only my 100% honest, personal opinion.

The Horologist
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 13-07-2018 09:07 AM (#3)

Right wee man lets go over all your points because the way you put them down you are correct.

Scottish singles way down, cannot argue against that but as i have pointed out, every time an increase comes into the Scottish entry fee, entries go down only to come back up in further year.

IM , again correct but we have made changes, the membership have been informed , however you did not mention that every year those numbers have went up.

Supers, all totally irrellevant unless its the Premier division, maybe to you son but not to the other hundreds of pool players who look forward to them every year, like most top players , they think these kind of events should be only for themselves.

Two other things, yes the SPA makes profit from running the Supers, that profit goes to pay managers who look after our young international teams at international events, that profit goes towards giving grants to certain sections of the SPA, that profit buys all the polo tops , well at least 3 for every players that gets selected for international duty.

The other thing is, when was the last time you looked at what teams are in the premier division, there its not all A teams now a days and as such we have the best in each division playing against each other, which in my opinion means that ALL match's are never easy from now on.

Yes at present we now have no international policy but we will get one back in place, how long that takes I really don't know but would hope to have something back by the end of this year.

If certain people had just listened to the people who have to look after our international players, none of this would have had to take place but no, they did not like the changes, these managers were asking for, so out went the changes being asked, so all that happened was the managers asked others to support them on kicking the whole policy out and we are now in this position.

Only my 100% honest , personnel opinion.

Ross McInnes
President SPA

FlyingScotsman

by: sarry, 13-07-2018 10:32 AM (#4)

antz points out a lot of serious points and it seems like you have just replied BLAH BLAH BLAHhmm
sarry

by: FlyingScotsman, 13-07-2018 11:16 AM (#5)

As always you come on along with others who just think these people do nothing at all.

I gave Antz my answers, at no time did I say BLAH, never mind BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You along with a good few just want to make points for points sake, instead of saying little, say something new Sarry or better still say nothing.

Of course he has relevant points and I agreed with some of them but also said where I think he was wrong, so please come on and tell me where I am wrong.

A change to the entry fee of £10 for our biggest singles event of the year , when players are paying that for flyers on a weekly basis but you like others want the Scottish to remain at a £5 for the rest of what?

Numbers went down, I said they would but I also said like all the other times they will go back up or do you think they will not, if so lets bet on that.

Supers, should be just for the very best, give me a laugh, if that was the case, you would have no chance of getting selected, these players up till now love playing for the leagues, be it the premier or third division but you would have it changed? Yes we make money from them but we do a fantastic job with them as well.

IMs , well don't get me started on them, I left the reps to do the changes they wanted and look where it got us, so they will change next year and the year after that and if players do not want to enter, then that is their choice.

International policy was great but a good few things were wrong with it as well, we all knew that, so we had a meeting that lasted hours one night in the Park hotel to go over it all, about 26 people there mostly managers and Exec, they went through it all and agreed on the changes but it went to the SPA meeting where 8 people attended, did they listen to what the managers asked for, no chance because one person did not like the changes, these people voted against it, so what happens, the managers tried a number of times to get things added, but again nothing, so they got it thrown out and perhaps people will listen now.

Sarry, pool is changing , it has been for the past few years now, Scotland has over 40 clubs with 7 or more tables, no longer do players have to travel to play in great events, so the SPA has to change now as well, the top players no longer need the SPA be they the very top or just the top player from that area, so we intend to cut down on events, make 4 IMs, 4 Seniors, 4 Masters, the unders and LDs do their own thing. So more grassroots for the SPA to build on and bring more players through to a higher level for years to come.
FlyingScotsman

by: maxi, 13-07-2018 07:54 PM (#6)

Ross have a read thru the minutes of the AGM which I just have, there was a change VOTED thru to bring back two trials a year instead of one.

This was a MAJOR problem with the existing policy as far as I was concerned.

How can you possibly have a situation where itís possible to be a manager of an international team and the only person 100% guaranteed a place in two events that year is potentially your 6th or 7th worst player?? Absolutely ludicrous whoever decided to reduce trials to once a year.

But obviously certain managers didnít like that and carried forward with removing the full policy.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Sting, 14-07-2018 03:43 AM (#7)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
As always you come on along with others who just think these people do nothing at all.

I gave Antz my answers, at no time did I say BLAH, never mind BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You along with a good few just want to make points for points sake, instead of saying little, say something new Sarry or better still say nothing.

Of course he has relevant points and I agreed with some of them but also said where I think he was wrong, so please come on and tell me where I am wrong.

A change to the entry fee of £10 for our biggest singles event of the year , when players are paying that for flyers on a weekly basis but you like others want the Scottish to remain at a £5 for the rest of what?

Numbers went down, I said they would but I also said like all the other times they will go back up or do you think they will not, if so lets bet on that.

Supers, should be just for the very best, give me a laugh, if that was the case, you would have no chance of getting selected, these players up till now love playing for the leagues, be it the premier or third division but you would have it changed? Yes we make money from them but we do a fantastic job with them as well.

IMs , well don't get me started on them, I left the reps to do the changes they wanted and look where it got us, so they will change next year and the year after that and if players do not want to enter, then that is their choice.

International policy was great but a good few things were wrong with it as well, we all knew that, so we had a meeting that lasted hours one night in the Park hotel to go over it all, about 26 people there mostly managers and Exec, they went through it all and agreed on the changes but it went to the SPA meeting where 8 people attended, did they listen to what the managers asked for, no chance because one person did not like the changes, these people voted against it, so what happens, the managers tried a number of times to get things added, but again nothing, so they got it thrown out and perhaps people will listen now.

Sarry, pool is changing , it has been for the past few years now, Scotland has over 40 clubs with 7 or more tables, no longer do players have to travel to play in great events, so the SPA has to change now as well, the top players no longer need the SPA be they the very top or just the top player from that area, so we intend to cut down on events, make 4 IMs, 4 Seniors, 4 Masters, the unders and LDs do their own thing. So more grassroots for the SPA to build on and bring more players through to a higher level for years to come.

Most of this sounds very promising. My only gripe with the. Membership fee is where the money goes, if it's to be invested in youth and most importantly grassroots which I think hasn't really had a good focus over the years then I'm all for it.

The IM simply HAD to change as we discussed at Styx and the changes in my eyes are very promising particularly the proposed dates of them as no one wants to have majors in the summertime.

The Scottish increase has lost alot of players and most of them are likely from the grassroots bracket which is sad to see hopefully with more events for them it sees them return.

Supers I tend to agree with antz I remember when I was young bursting my arse to get enough to get in a side that's gone now as basically anyone can do, I think it takes the shine off them somewhat.

I agree with your last point and I think that's contributing towards the IM taking a back seat, there needs to be a real focus on them, live streaming for sure and build them up they are our majors after all.

Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member

by: knowledge, 15-07-2018 05:07 PM (#8)

The Horologist wrote:

If this was a company, i'm sorry to be brutally honest, but AT LEAST 1 board member, and very probably a few more, would have had to go by now!!!!

Absolutely. However, if this was a company the board would be MAKING THESE DECISIONS to stand or fall by and in this case fall. The exec are not making these decisions we have many (most) of them forced upon us and have to do our best to implement them.

The international selection policy being a prime example, if I was getting minimum wage for the time I have spent discussing that I could buy a nice car off you then ON A WHIM, it gets removed.

There is a place on the exec for you if you want it.
knowledge
General Member

by: knowledge, 15-07-2018 05:10 PM (#9)

The Horologist wrote:
Are these numbers (down from 1296 last year, to 801 this year) correct?????

IM's = Lost almost all relevance and definitely all identity.

*** proposed by a guy I've hardly seen at a meeting before or since.

Supers = All totally irrelevant, bar 1 event (Premier) the rest are simply SPA fundraisers.

*** a lot of good work is done with those funds and the events give a lot of pleasure to the membership, as proved by the demand.

Scottish = Entries down almost 40%....IN 1 YEAR!!!!!

*** proposed by the promoter, he has given his reasons elsewhere.

Next years IM entries - We Shall see................

International Selection Policy - No longer exists.

*** proposed by the international overseer.

= The SPA - Losing their direction!!!!!

*** 100% agree

knowledge
General Member

by: The Horologist, 17-07-2018 05:03 AM (#10)

knowledge wrote:
The Horologist wrote:

Absolutely. However, if this was a company the board would be MAKING THESE DECISIONS to stand or fall by and in this case fall. The exec are not making these decisions we have many (most) of them forced upon us and have to do our best to implement them.

The international selection policy being a prime example, if I was getting minimum wage for the time I have spent discussing that I could buy a nice car off you then ON A WHIM, it gets removed.

In all honesty, if I was still playing pool, I probably wouldn't mind being involved in the heirarchy, to some degree, John.

But, being brutally honest, seeing the way some things are done, my OCD would kick in, and I wouldn't last long!!!

I actually admire guys like yourself, as you're one of the guys who go to most, or all of the meetings, but, interestingly, very rarely use it as point scoring, in an argument.

Too many times over the years you hear "I go to the meetings, I should know" or "If you want to have a say, go to the meetings" but you very rarely have such a rant.

People probably don't even realise that, Counties apart, you probably play a miniscule percentage of the pool you used to play, and are there mostly to keep sanity & order.

In fact, you're probably doing that good a job, you'll never need me!!! LOL

Seriously though, JB, i've never gave it much thought, but you should definitely get a bit more recognition for what you put back in to the game.

One of lifes good guys.

I'm no saying anything more, i've took years to build up a reputation of being unlikeable, and i'm not throwing it all away by going all bromancy!!!!
hilarious
The Horologist
General Member

by: knowledge, 17-07-2018 07:13 AM (#11)

The Horologist wrote:
knowledge wrote:
The Horologist wrote:

In all honesty, if I was still playing pool, I probably wouldn't mind being involved in the heirarchy, to some degree, John.

But, being brutally honest, seeing the way some things are done, my OCD would kick in, and I wouldn't last long!!!

I actually admire guys like yourself, as you're one of the guys who go to most, or all of the meetings, but, interestingly, very rarely use it as point scoring, in an argument.

Too many times over the years you hear "I go to the meetings, I should know" or "If you want to have a say, go to the meetings" but you very rarely have such a rant.

People probably don't even realise that, Counties apart, you probably play a miniscule percentage of the pool you used to play, and are there mostly to keep sanity & order.

Seriously though, JB, i've never gave it much thought, but you should definitely get a bit more recognition for what you put back in to the game.

One of lifes good guys.

I'm no saying anything more, i've took years to build up a reputation of being unlikeable, and i'm not throwing it all away by going all bromancy!!!!
hilarious

I am sorry to see this account has been hacked. I will pass this to the relevant authorities.
knowledge
General Member

by: MJ Hire, 17-07-2018 07:37 AM (#12)

knowledge wrote:
The Horologist wrote:
knowledge wrote:
The Horologist wrote:

One of lifes good guys.

hilarious

I am sorry to see this account has been hacked. I will pass this to the relevant authorities.
Get a room youís two comfort
MJ Hire
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< November 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

Render time: 0.29 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 70,124,548 unique visits