· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Announcements
EBA new policy
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

EBA new policy
by: FlyingScotsman, 15-05-2019 02:46 PM (#1)

At the EBA AGM held in Bridlington a vote was taken to stop players and spectators alike from drinking in the playing arena.

All nations attending voted in favour of this with the exception of one.

Now this rule is for EBA International events only starting from 2020 and the EBA are not asking Nations to do this at national level, however BI have been informed and they to will be taking a vote on this very shortly and I cannot see them not going the same way.

People may think this is stupid but we have more and more nations joining BB and as such their first cue sport is the small ball game and they are backed by their governments and this is the way its going.

We have more and more kids coming through and drinking alcohol just like smoking in the playing arena will be a thing of the past.
FlyingScotsman

RE: EBA new policy
by: higgi, 15-05-2019 04:31 PM (#2)

more and more nations? bar the netherlands it was all home nations in the B event there? so not only do you spend a fortune and get zero prize money..your not even allowed to have a fee beers?? surely should be upto the guys spending there doh that gets to vote on something like that?

we are the people!
higgi

by: DONEGAL, 15-05-2019 04:55 PM (#3)

So are we allowed to drink in the Cyprus venue , that is the main question pint
DONEGAL
General Member

by: SHUFF, 15-05-2019 05:41 PM (#4)

QUESTION

Who would feel that if they weren't allowed to drink that it would affect their performances... Do you believe it would have a positive or a negative effect on you ?

p.s Don't shoot the questionnaire as it is only a question that only you yourself can answer too....

What's your opinion !

1. Does drink act as an enhancement ?
2 Does it hinder your abilty drinking ?
3 Do you feel you play better sober ?
4 If you as a non- drinking player are you feel advantaged v a drinker ?
5 Do you feel as a drinker playing a non drinker disadvantaged ?

these are just questions , so don't shoot messenger ?
SHUFF
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 15-05-2019 07:04 PM (#5)

would be great if they done the same at petty cur bay fish

8 Ball Army
Nations Cup Seniors B Winners 2016 (Undefeated)
European Seniors B Champions 2017 (Lost 1 Match)
European Seniors B Champions 2018 (Undefeated)
European Seniors B Champions 2019 (Lost 1 Match)
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: Sting, 15-05-2019 07:45 PM (#6)

I think it is an utter disgrace that this was decided by several individuals without consulting their international players, almost to a man everyone I have spoken to is against this yet it was passed 11/1. Democratic, I don't think so.
Furthermore, to state this is for the "other countries" where were they at brid? In the house saving for the lesser event because it is in a better location. Here is a mad notion, how about we reward those that actually support events instead of making decisions they don't want.
I've heard all this before when they binned 11man teams to "get more countries involved, hardly a roaring success.
This will put loads of people off in my opinion, Ross I hope you are doing the same for the counties after all it's for the betterment of the game, oh wait that would potentially make the venue think twice and affect the cash cow.

Farce.

Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 15-05-2019 08:41 PM (#7)

Im all for the NON drinking at the Venue... a Love it...

first and foremost am their to Manage & Play Pool at the Best of MY Ability.... and Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs I can't do that..

I personally believe that Players out there won't be able to perform as good either without a pint...

on the flip side of that coin though.. I believe more players will enter the venue a lot more drunker than normal and the south cliff will go dry before the weeks out.

I also believe that the Balcony will be full of bags with carry outs in them and most players will be up there chilling with a Tin or 10.

The drinking itself WON'T stop... it will just make the drinkers drink more at the pub across the road.. or up in the balcony before and after matches.. so the drunkness and the drink will be there.

8 Ball Army
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: Silky198, 16-05-2019 10:04 AM (#8)

Think it should be left up to the individual in question how much he/she drinks, I like a drink when I'm playing, especially having taken the time off work and paid for the privilege as well, don't think there was anyone overly drunk/argumentative down in Brid.

I'm with the rest, don't think the decision should have been made on the spot, the individual managers of each section should've been consulted in this decision and in turn they consult their teammates to get a more democratic decision, I know from our teams point of view it would've been a resounding no on this vote.

That was my first time down in Brid and I thoroughly enjoyed it but think this will in turn put a lot of people off, I get the point of it, just don't see the need for it, for me it could be a case of 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?', instead of it being voted through they could maybe have trialled it at an event, say the Nations for example, but looks to me like it's been pushed through without any real consultation with anyone from their respective nations.
Silky198

by: spideradams, 19-05-2019 10:10 AM (#9)

Trevor harte said all nations knew about this proposal 5 months ago that in itself is remarkable since it wasn't made public knowledge to the membership I also seen on Facebook that Welsh had voted no but their rep decided to vote in favour against their members decision unless as stated above if the spa or that would like to cover all representatives costs only then should they be able to dictate whether drinking in a venue is permitted or not
spideradams
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 19-05-2019 10:17 AM (#10)

Its not the venue, just the actual playng arena. There will be a bar in the venue still.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: spideradams, 19-05-2019 10:20 AM (#11)

There is a bar in the playing arena but you are only allowed upstairs or in the practice room now I believe if you are referring to the playing area itself you have never been allowed to drink in there not even bottled water and I'm speaking purely on brid

Edited by spideradams 19-05-2019 10:21 AM
spideradams
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 19-05-2019 10:21 AM (#12)

spideradams wrote:
There is a bar in the playing arena but you are only allowed upstairs or in the practice room now I believe if you are referring to the playing area itself you have never been allowed to drink in there not even bottled water

By playing arena what I mean is the room where the pool tables are - the bar wouldnt be in that room for example in Bridlington, it would be outside the room or somewhere else in venue.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: spideradams, 19-05-2019 10:31 AM (#13)

That's exactly my point there is no difference to having a beer in another room or over the southy players aren't rolling about blootered to the extent of petbay it doesn't take away from the fact that players are paying their own hard earned cash and taking annual leave or even unpaid holidays to go and represent their country and we reward them by saying you can't control yourself you're not allowed a pint during your match it's laughable
spideradams
General Member

by: knowledge, 19-05-2019 01:18 PM (#14)

JASONVOORHEES wrote:
Im all for the NON drinking at the Venue... a Love it...

first and foremost am their to Manage & Play Pool at the Best of MY Ability.... and Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs I can't do that..

I personally believe that Players out there won't be able to perform as good either without a pint...

on the flip side of that coin though.. I believe more players will enter the venue a lot more drunker than normal and the south cliff will go dry before the weeks out.

I also believe that the Balcony will be full of bags with carry outs in them and most players will be up there chilling with a Tin or 10.

The drinking itself WON'T stop... it will just make the drinkers drink more at the pub across the road.. or up in the balcony before and after matches.. so the drunkness and the drink will be there.

I don't think any of that will happen. I think the Beidlington SPA will just hunt them when they see what it's doing to the till. Our days of playing in lovely venues such as this and the one in the Isle of Man are over. It'll be gym halls and school halls from now on.

Why? To let a shower of so called countries and non countries dictate conditions to nations that quite literally keep the events alive by sending hundreds of players.

Here's a policy the EBA etc could try, only accept entries from actual countries.
knowledge
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 19-05-2019 07:00 PM (#15)

next year is final year of the contract with the SPA Hall...

8 Ball Army
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< June 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2019
Render time: 0.31 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 82,346,979 unique visits