Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary

Edited by FCBash 03-02-2020 09:29 PM
FCBash
General Member

RE: 2020 S11 Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 03-02-2020 09:31 PM (#2)

Please note that in the Premier Division that matches against Cumbernauld are now a bye. The area has unfortunately advised that they are unable to field a team.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: geegee1984, 04-02-2020 10:14 AM (#3)

Thurso again
Beginning to think Edinburgh C deliberately get them or other northern teams so in venue late both nights hmm
geegee1984
General Member

by: FCBash, 04-02-2020 01:31 PM (#4)

geegee1984 wrote:
Thurso again
Beginning to think Edinburgh C deliberately get them or other northern teams so in venue late both nights hmm

Do you think so Garry? Facts would have people think otherwise.

2016 19:00hrs start
Clydebank A
Dunfermline C
East Kilbride A
Edinburgh C
Midlothian A
Perth A

2017 21:00hrs start
Levenmouth A
Ayr & District A
Dunfermline B
Falkirk B
Edinburgh C
Dingwall A

2018 19:00hrs start
Edinburgh C
Dunfermline C
Falkirk D
Dunfermline D
Livingston B
East Fife D

2019 19:00hrs start
Ayr & District A
Clackmannanshire C
Dingwall A
East Fife C
Edinburgh C
Uddingston C

2020 21:00hrs start
Ayr & District A
Edinburgh C
Forres A
Glasgow C
Midlothian C
Thurso A

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: methodinthemadness, 04-02-2020 01:42 PM (#5)

Who gives a flying focus who you get drawn with
Don't like it then don't go
Personally I prefer the 2 late nights as your getting 2 games on the Friday with a long lie into the bargain.

M muir

Winners are born, not made lol
methodinthemadness
General Member

by: Steven K, 04-02-2020 02:15 PM (#6)

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory
Steven K
General Member

by: Fruits, 04-02-2020 02:34 PM (#7)

FCBash wrote:
Please note that in the Premier Division that matches against Cumbernauld are now a bye. The area has unfortunately advised that they are unable to field a team.

Michael, would it not make more sense to promote teams up to fill up all the spaces?

I thought that was the whole point of waiting until payment deadline to do the draws and see who was in each division?

It doesnít effect our team as we are in another group but that group will have 4 games each in it. Hardly a lot of pool for those guys

Drew Byers
CAPL Rep
Fruits
General Member

by: JoeFinlay9, 04-02-2020 03:24 PM (#8)

Fruits wrote:
FCBash wrote:

Michael, would it not make more sense to promote teams up to fill up all the spaces?

I thought that was the whole point of waiting until payment deadline to do the draws and see who was in each division?

It doesnít effect our team as we are in another group but that group will have 4 games each in it. Hardly a lot of pool for those guys

A little unfair to ask guys 3/4 weeks in advance to change date is it not Kiwi? Issue should have been highlighted sooner but understand due to festive period and January that the deadline is when it is. You've also got to then move teams from C to B, D to C and Playoff to D.
JoeFinlay9
General Member

by: chalmers7, 04-02-2020 03:46 PM (#9)

Fruits wrote:
FCBash wrote:

I would have assumed this as well, otherwise the schedules could have been out when the divisions were announced. Each division should be full, and no one should be turning up for just four group matches. I'm sure if teams were asked then all divisions could be filled.
chalmers7
General Member

by: Fruits, 04-02-2020 04:04 PM (#10)

JoeFinlay9 wrote:
Fruits wrote:
FCBash wrote:

A little unfair to ask guys 3/4 weeks in advance to change date is it not Kiwi? Issue should have been highlighted sooner but understand due to festive period and January that the deadline is when it is. You've also got to then move teams from C to B, D to C and Playoff to D.

Itís not changing dates though joe, the divisions that teams are in is only confirmed once payments are made. I donít disagree that the payment deadline is maybe too close to the event but thatís the date that was set.

If cumbernauld paid their money and then pulled out with a week or so to go then fair enough, probably then it is to late to move teams but if a team has now pulled out at the payment deadline then another team should be moved up each division until they are full.

That is my opinion anyway

Drew Byers
CAPL Rep

Edited by Fruits 04-02-2020 04:07 PM
Fruits
General Member

by: gandalph, 04-02-2020 06:11 PM (#11)

FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
Thurso again

Do you think so Garry? Facts would have people think otherwise.

2016 19:00hrs start
Clydebank A
Dunfermline C
East Kilbride A
Edinburgh C
Midlothian A
Perth A

2017 21:00hrs start
Levenmouth A
Ayr & District A
Dunfermline B
Falkirk B
Edinburgh C
Dingwall A

2018 19:00hrs start
Edinburgh C
Dunfermline C
Falkirk D
Dunfermline D
Livingston B
East Fife D

2019 19:00hrs start
Ayr & District A
Clackmannanshire C
Dingwall A
East Fife C
Edinburgh C
Uddingston C

2020 21:00hrs start
Ayr & District A
Edinburgh C
Forres A
Glasgow C
Midlothian C
Thurso A

now now Michael dont spoil a good moan with actual facts hilarious
gandalph
General Member

by: geegee1984, 04-02-2020 09:33 PM (#12)

comfort
Cheers Bash

Suppose I should check myself rather than listen to others flower
geegee1984
General Member

by: geegee1984, 04-02-2020 09:33 PM (#13)

Do Cumbernauld A just get relegated or need to start again in bottom division?
geegee1984
General Member

by: FCBash, 04-02-2020 09:41 PM (#14)

Fruits wrote:
FCBash wrote:

We are in an unprecedented situation that a team is in the top tier and cannot attend the event. We are fully aware that it's not an ideal situation, but we have discussed this at Exec level and agreed that the divisions should not be adjusted on this occasion. Primarily due to the short timescale to the first event.

The reason for not publishing the draws prior to the deadline is for this kind of situation, but not really expected from the top tier to then have to alter all the other divisions in line with that. It could have taken a couple of weeks to sort out the teams and divisions, of which, I have no doubt, would have brought more complaints for the Premier Division schedule not being online.

It is frustrating, I understand that. However, please note that this decision was not taken on a whim.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 04-02-2020 09:48 PM (#15)

chalmers7 wrote:
I would have assumed this as well, otherwise the schedules could have been out when the divisions were announced. Each division should be full, and no one should be turning up for just four group matches. I'm sure if teams were asked then all divisions could be filled.

I'd disagree with that, but fully understand your point. Why do I disagree What if there was more than one team that did not pay, say two in each division, it would need a complete re-draw of all events. As soon as players see timings they start scheduling work, personal life etc around the Friday start time.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 04-02-2020 09:49 PM (#16)

geegee1984 wrote:
Do Cumbernauld A just get relegated or need to start again in bottom division?

The Executive Committee are still discussing the full impact and implications of this matter. I'm afraid I cannot provide any more information than that at this stage.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: chalmers7, 05-02-2020 10:09 AM (#17)

FCBash wrote:
chalmers7 wrote:

I'd disagree with that, but fully understand your point. Why do I disagree What if there was more than one team that did not pay, say two in each division, it would need a complete re-draw of all events. As soon as players see timings they start scheduling work, personal life etc around the Friday start time.

The whole reason for having provisional divisions is in case teams don't pay. If they don't teams move up on their merit. There is only one division that is forthcoming that I'm sure someone would fill. The rest are not until the end of March/April. The schedule wouldn't need changed either, the place can just be filled. There will be another team missing out from the play offs that could be at an event, but instead we are choosing to go with on less team.

I appreciate this won't change now, but it really needs looked at in future. Money for teams should be in well in advance, and there's no reason for this not to be before the play offs. I also hope that Cumbernauld are not let off lightly for this. If they hadn't filled half a qualifying B team with A team players then maybe they'd have had enough for the premier event...
chalmers7
General Member

by: TNT, 05-02-2020 11:10 AM (#18)

This is why the Supers should be grouped together on calendar and not spread out over 2/3 months. Iím aware that PB may not be able to give 4-5 week block booking though.

Names/Monies in: Start of Feb
Divisions allocated: Days after above
Qualifiers if needed: End of Feb
Qualifiers fees: 2 weeks after qualifiers date
Supers: Mid March to Mid April (last weekend being bottom division so another qualifier team can replace another if payment doesnít get paid)

This would allow areas time to change teams as players picked maybe not available on that weekend if they are promoted a division because of teams not paying. Teams would then also be able to swap players from a larger pool as qualifiers havenít been played.

I can see why the bye thing has been said in this case as itís only about 2.5 weeks till it kicks off.
If Dundee A for example were to be put in top division because of this then 3-4 boys not able to make new date because of work then it would have a knock on effect to the B team because players would have to be moved. B team would then have to pick from a pool of players that didnít get in a team at all, as the C and D teams have already played qualifiers so none of those players can be chosen.

Div 1 Super 11s Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Div 3 Super 11s Champions 2018 - Dundee B

Dave McLaren
SPA Referee
TNT
General Member

by: secretary, 06-02-2020 03:44 PM (#19)

TNT wrote:
This is why the Supers should be grouped together on calendar and not spread out over 2/3 months. Iím aware that PB may not be able to give 4-5 week block booking though.

Names/Monies in: Start of Feb
Divisions allocated: Days after above
Qualifiers if needed: End of Feb
Qualifiers fees: 2 weeks after qualifiers date
Supers: Mid March to Mid April (last weekend being bottom division so another qualifier team can replace another if payment doesnít get paid)

This would allow areas time to change teams as players picked maybe not available on that weekend if they are promoted a division because of teams not paying. Teams would then also be able to swap players from a larger pool as qualifiers havenít been played.

I can see why the bye thing has been said in this case as itís only about 2.5 weeks till it kicks off.
If Dundee A for example were to be put in top division because of this then 3-4 boys not able to make new date because of work then it would have a knock on effect to the B team because players would have to be moved. B team would then have to pick from a pool of players that didnít get in a team at all, as the C and D teams have already played qualifiers so none of those players can be chosen.

Where are you playing these events?
What calendar do you use?
Do you realise that there are other events in the world other than pool?
secretary
General Member

by: TNT, 06-02-2020 06:17 PM (#20)

secretary wrote:

Where are you playing these events?
What calendar do you use?
Do you realise that there are other events in the world other than pool?

See that second sentence? Oh, aye. Thanks

Other events other than pool, you saying we should stop events because Mrs Betchley is holding a cake making competition?

Div 1 Super 11s Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Div 3 Super 11s Champions 2018 - Dundee B

Dave McLaren
SPA Referee
TNT
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< July 2020 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

20/01/2020

19/01/2020
Hi when is the 5s at pettycur?

17/12/2019
11am start George.

15/12/2019
Thank you FCBash is it still 10am start

14/12/2019
12th January 2020 The Gothenburg Hotel, 138 Queensferry Rd, Rosyth, Dunfermline KY11 2QY

14/12/2019
can someone tell me the date and location for the next spa meeting

18/11/2019
Scott - Some people been busy running Nations Cup in Cyprus

17/11/2019
Secretary - sent you a PM last week can you please reply?

22/10/2019
2020 planner available

21/10/2019
Thanks davie

Render time: 0.35 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 96,190,343 unique visits