· Joshua Kerr
· BI WC 2020
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ SPA Announcements
SPA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT : CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

SPA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT : CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
by: FCBash, 17-03-2020 07:50 PM (#21)

2fast2furious wrote:
I have just spoke Irene at the Hotel and she said they are NOT aware that the competition has been cancelled and no new information will be available till Friday at the earliest.

I don't know Irene, so I can't comment on her role or comments she's made to individuals.

All I can go by is the conversation I have had with Ross, that he has contacted PB, they are aware of the cancellation and that further discussions are to take place in terms of rescheduling etc.

I am not trying to lead anyone up the garden path here.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

RE: SPA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT : CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
by: methodinthemadness, 17-03-2020 08:43 PM (#22)

When will the refunds for cancelled super events
Be confirmed? Can't be holding back thousands of pounds of
Members money in this current global uncertainty i need toilet roll

M muir

Winners are born, not made lol
methodinthemadness
General Member

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 10:28 AM (#23)

methodinthemadness wrote:

I refer to my post yesterday....helpless

FCBash wrote:
chalmers7 wrote:
Good updates mate, are we any further forward regarding the refund of fees for those who have had their event cancelled? It is the question I'm being asked the most in my area.

With the situation there has been no further development, it is our intention to reschedule these events. However, with the ever growing information coming from UK Government we may be forced to cancel. That's the last resort though, and will require a full Exec discussion.

Ross still has to discuss potential dates and availability with the holiday camp, until then we are not going to be able to progress that aspect.

I can only re-iterate, players, if the event gets cancelled, will receive full refunds. These would be issued back to the leagues for them to distribute to their members. However, this, if it does happen, will not be a quick process. It will require all the league accounts to be populated, online transfers etc to be established, then authorised. I totally understand people want to see their hard earned back in their own account, but until we know what way this will all end up, we're in a bit of a quandry.

This is an unprecedented matter, I am hoping that players can understand that, and ask them to bare with us as we try to tackle the situation as best we can, taking cognisance of all the information available. We are all trying to deal with this pandemic matter in our own personal and working lives along with the SPA. Where the SPA matters may take somewhat longer to address comparative to usual.

That's the best I have at the moment.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: methodinthemadness, 18-03-2020 11:46 AM (#24)

Re scheduling isn't an option
We all know they only want us there as its out of season
All money should have been sent back to accounts it came from
Asap. Filling Potholes with coco pops!

M muir

Winners are born, not made lol
methodinthemadness
General Member

by: bbrogan8, 18-03-2020 01:54 PM (#25)

FCBash wrote:

I refer to my post yesterday....helpless

FCBash wrote:
chalmers7 wrote:
Good updates mate, are we any further forward regarding the refund of fees for those who have had their event cancelled? It is the question I'm being asked the most in my area.

With the situation there has been no further development, it is our intention to reschedule these events. However, with the ever growing information coming from UK Government we may be forced to cancel. That's the last resort though, and will require a full Exec discussion.

Ross still has to discuss potential dates and availability with the holiday camp, until then we are not going to be able to progress that aspect.

I can only re-iterate, players, if the event gets cancelled, will receive full refunds. These would be issued back to the leagues for them to distribute to their members. However, this, if it does happen, will not be a quick process. It will require all the league accounts to be populated, online transfers etc to be established, then authorised. I totally understand people want to see their hard earned back in their own account, but until we know what way this will all end up, we're in a bit of a quandry.

This is an unprecedented matter, I am hoping that players can understand that, and ask them to bare with us as we try to tackle the situation as best we can, taking cognisance of all the information available. We are all trying to deal with this pandemic matter in our own personal and working lives along with the SPA. Where the SPA matters may take somewhat longer to address comparative to usual.

That's the best I have at the moment.

Regards,
Michael

Out of curiosity if members canít make these new proposed dates will they then get a refund? Not sure what outlay has been made to these events yet but if none then the money should be repaid immediately. Iíd say transferring from a bank account to another bank account take about 3 mins x how many accounts it needs to go to.
bbrogan8

by: nice one, 18-03-2020 02:07 PM (#26)

Have to agree here refunds need to be done asap
... different situation to brid where its private hotels etc..
The caravans are part of the whole package with pettycur..
As soon as this event was cancelled the ball should of started rolling..
nice one

by: secretary, 18-03-2020 02:51 PM (#27)

[b]
Iíd say transferring from a bank account to another bank account take about 3 mins x how many accounts it needs to go to.

about 80
secretary
General Member

by: systemcrash, 18-03-2020 03:04 PM (#28)

Just had an email from hotel about getting a refund
systemcrash
General Member

by: bbrogan8, 18-03-2020 03:08 PM (#29)

secretary wrote:
[b]
Iíd say transferring from a bank account to another bank account take about 3 mins x how many accounts it needs to go to.

about 80

So 4 hours for 1 person. Suspect it could get done in less time though.
bbrogan8

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 03:39 PM (#30)

Re scheduling isn't an option
We all know they only want us there as its out of season
All money should have been sent back to accounts it came from
Asap. Filling Potholes with coco pops!

There you go again, with the rumours. Tut tut. Rescheduling isn't an option, and why not?

Clearly you know more than me, so I'll leave it at that.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 03:45 PM (#31)

bbrogan8 wrote:
Out of curiosity if members canít make these new proposed dates will they then get a refund? Not sure what outlay has been made to these events yet but if none then the money should be repaid immediately. Iíd say transferring from a bank account to another bank account take about 3 mins x how many accounts it needs to go to.

That's part of the wider discussions we (Exec) need to have, to discuss the full implications. I'd imagine the majority, if not all, areas would play in any event that was rescheduled. So it would then be up to the areas to refund any players that cannot manage as the areas would still have to pay for the teams attending. Hence why I keep saying refunds won't be issued until we know for sure this i going to be cancelled altogether. I can;t see what people don't understand?

3 minutes. That's efficient. That is probably accurate to start the transaction online then input the amount required for refund.

However, the details for each account will need to be sought, then these need to be created on the SPA banking account, then the transaction accounted, then it requires authorisation from a second signatory. On top of that, the amounts will need to be deciphered as some areas pay one masse, and we've held one event, some have paid for players to affiliate, so that needs established if they want that returned.

But yeah, 3 minutes just like that.

Meanwhile the SPA Exec have no working lives to get on with, no personal lives to get on with. Everything should stop to refund areas to potentially then have to ask for the money again if it gets rescheduled.

Come on, let's apply some common sense here. Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting on here.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 03:46 PM (#32)

nice one wrote:

ITS NOT CANCELLED THOUGH.

We're exploring the option of rescheduling these. If they were cancelled then I'd agree, the refunds would have been put in place.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 03:48 PM (#33)

bbrogan8 wrote:
So 4 hours for 1 person. Suspect it could get done in less time though.

Could you dedicate 4 hours today for this kind of task?

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 18-03-2020 03:49 PM (#34)

Time and time again, people scream for updates, they get them and it's still not good enough.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ok, I'm done. Logging out for a few days.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 18-03-2020 03:51 PM (#35)

I have just read through this post and can inform all members that I did indeed cancel with PB the Supers this year, saying I was hoping to rearrange new dates if they could supply me with some.

However this virus is not going to go away overnight as we can all see what really is going on now, so there is no chance of the Super 11s for 2020 taking place.

As Michael has said the SPA will be refunding all payments made by the league back asap but as you can imagine we have to make sure of all bank details etc before refunding each one.

I will make a post later today regarding future SPA events informing our members what is planned.
FlyingScotsman

by: Steven K, 18-03-2020 04:02 PM (#36)

Michael, you're wasting your time here. Some people cannot be reasoned with, explained to or told. Don't let them grind you down and keep up the good (volunteering) work.
Steven K
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 18-03-2020 04:09 PM (#37)

Steven this is why we lose great people like Michael who works for the SPA for nothing, just trying to improve our sport in so many ways.

Me well its my job and I get paid and as I said to Mr Muir, I'm here to answer any questions where I can, he heard a rumour of SPA funds being used for whatever, all im asking who from and what for because I would like to know as well.

As I have now posted I cancelled the Super 11s as soon as the SPA Exec agreed it was the right thing to do for the safety of our members but I also asked them if we could re arrange other dates, which now we know cant happen as this thing is not going away soon for sure.

I am going to inform everyone that we will try our best to get every National final on this year, all depending on whatever dates we have left.
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 18-03-2020 04:12 PM (#38)

Dear Player,

As you all know the SPA have cancelled all their events until?

We will be monitoring the situation over the next few months but this year we will not have enough dates to rearrange the cancelled Super 11s but hopefully we may be able to make sure all our National finals go ahead.

The main thing is the safety and well being of our players, staff and supporters, our Exec took the decision early to cancel things, which we can all see now that it was the correct thing to do and the EBA and others have followed suit.

I will be working on new dates/venues etc when the time is right and all leagues will be informed then.

This may take a month, two, three or even more we just donít know.

Stay safe.

Regards.

Ross McInnes
Promoter SPA

Edited by FlyingScotsman 18-03-2020 04:17 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: bbrogan8, 18-03-2020 04:30 PM (#39)

FCBash wrote:
bbrogan8 wrote:

That's part of the wider discussions we (Exec) need to have, to discuss the full implications. I'd imagine the majority, if not all, areas would play in any event that was rescheduled. So it would then be up to the areas to refund any players that cannot manage as the areas would still have to pay for the teams attending. Hence why I keep saying refunds won't be issued until we know for sure this i going to be cancelled altogether. I can;t see what people don't understand?

3 minutes. That's efficient. That is probably accurate to start the transaction online then input the amount required for refund.

However, the details for each account will need to be sought, then these need to be created on the SPA banking account, then the transaction accounted, then it requires authorisation from a second signatory. On top of that, the amounts will need to be deciphered as some areas pay one masse, and we've held one event, some have paid for players to affiliate, so that needs established if they want that returned.

But yeah, 3 minutes just like that.

Meanwhile the SPA Exec have no working lives to get on with, no personal lives to get on with. Everything should stop to refund areas to potentially then have to ask for the money again if it gets rescheduled.

Come on, let's apply some common sense here. Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting on here.

Think what ross has just posted now makes a lot of this irrelevant as he is saying the events are cancelled for super 11s 2020.

Everybody had lifeís to get on with donít see that as a valid reason or response.

I think the biggest issue is that the SPA are rarely transparent with their accounts so this can be an issue for them holding onto even more money.

To another of your messages I would have 4 hours today if need be for something I volunteer and get benefit from.
bbrogan8

by: bbrogan8, 18-03-2020 04:31 PM (#40)

FCBash wrote:
nice one wrote:

ITS NOT CANCELLED THOUGH.

We're exploring the option of rescheduling these. If they were cancelled then I'd agree, the refunds would have been put in place.

Itís cancelled now it seems
bbrogan8

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< June 2020 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

20/01/2020

19/01/2020
Hi when is the 5s at pettycur?

17/12/2019
11am start George.

15/12/2019
Thank you FCBash is it still 10am start

14/12/2019
12th January 2020 The Gothenburg Hotel, 138 Queensferry Rd, Rosyth, Dunfermline KY11 2QY

14/12/2019
can someone tell me the date and location for the next spa meeting

18/11/2019
Scott - Some people been busy running Nations Cup in Cyprus

17/11/2019
Secretary - sent you a PM last week can you please reply?

22/10/2019
2020 planner available

21/10/2019
Thanks davie

Render time: 0.36 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 94,103,350 unique visits