Thread subject: The Scottish Pool Association :: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules

Posted by FCBash on 15/09/2018 13:04
#1

The draws and schedules for the 2018 S15's Events can be found below:-

Premier Division (2nd-4th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


First Division (9th-11th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Second Division (16th-18th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Third Division (23rd-25th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Playoffs (Sunday 7th October)
The draws and schedules for the playoff venues can be viewed using the links below:

Corner Pocket, Dalkieth
http://www.scotti...lkieth.htm

Players Lounge, Falkirk
http://www.scotti...alkirk.htm

Styx, Kirkcaldy
http://www.scotti...kcaldy.htm

Regards,
Michael

Edited by FCBash on 08/10/2018 23:21

Posted by sweadie on 15/09/2018 20:39
#2

Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs

Posted by secretary on 15/09/2018 21:57
#3

sweadie wrote:
Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs


It;'s in the title

DRAW

Posted by davek75 on 16/09/2018 14:33
#4

This playoff draw is absolutely crazy
1. 2 venues with 5 be 7pm finish
Styx be late night again
2. Surely cant be a random draw when everytime fife teams mostly emd up in kirkcaldy
3.why not 2venues of 8(2 qualifiers)
1 venue 6 (1 qualifier)

Posted by FCBash on 16/09/2018 22:22
#5

sweadie wrote:
Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs


Its random for venue and opponents, which team goes where is all luck of the draw.

Posted by FCBash on 16/09/2018 22:25
#6

davek75 wrote:
This playoff draw is absolutely crazy
1. 2 venues with 5 be 7pm finish
Styx be late night again
2. Surely cant be a random draw when everytime fife teams mostly emd up in kirkcaldy
3.why not 2venues of 8(2 qualifiers)
1 venue 6 (1 qualifier)


Dave,

1. Styx wont be much later, it has a couple of extra rounds, but starting earlier.
2. I can assure you the draw is random, with Kirkcaldy hosting 12 teams and a healthy interest from the area of Fife it is inevitable that some of those teams will be playing there.
3. 2 venues of 8 wouldn't assist for timings. It would either be one group of 8, so 7 group matches. OR two groups of 4. Which doesn't offer much pool for the travelling teams.

Regards,
Michael

Posted by davek75 on 17/09/2018 07:06
#7

Michael iv been at every qualifier and its been near 10pm everytime ...on sat there was 8 teams yes 9 frames instead of 15 but we had numerous breaks as using 3 tables per game it flew by so for me timing would go no problem ...i just find 4 games or 3 games if in groups of 4 aswell isnt that a difference either . For me it just doesnt seem fair at all that some teams are in a system completely different from others should all be equal

Posted by davek75 on 17/09/2018 07:20
#8

Also 2 posts put up previously stated
2 venues 1 with 12 teams 1 with 11 as it was assumed 23 teams
Then another post saying 3 venues 2 with 8 and 1 with 7
Now all of a sudden 2 with 5 and one with 12

Posted by FCBash on 17/09/2018 08:10
#9

davek75 wrote:
Michael iv been at every qualifier and its been near 10pm everytime ...on sat there was 8 teams yes 9 frames instead of 15 but we had numerous breaks as using 3 tables per game it flew by so for me timing would go no problem ...i just find 4 games or 3 games if in groups of 4 aswell isnt that a difference either . For me it just doesnt seem fair at all that some teams are in a system completely different from others should all be equal


Dave,

But the teams aren't in different systems completely. It's as close to the same across the board as possible.

Essentially it's two groups of 5, and two groups of 6.

Regards,

Posted by FCBash on 17/09/2018 08:12
#10

davek75 wrote:
Also 2 posts put up previously stated
2 venues 1 with 12 teams 1 with 11 as it was assumed 23 teams
Then another post saying 3 venues 2 with 8 and 1 with 7
Now all of a sudden 2 with 5 and one with 12


Yes, but when we revised the venues to 3 previously, we had 3 qualifiers. The number of qualifiers has risen to 5 and we have had to work out a fairer way of splitting the qualifiers.

Posted by davek75 on 17/09/2018 09:07
#11

Well its up to the exec m8 ...but a team having to win max 5 games to qualify and a team possibly having to win 7 isnt fair ... 2 8s and a 6 defo fairer than 2 5s and a 12 ...

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 17/09/2018 12:04
#12

Listen, we have 22 teams with 5 qualifiers, we looked at what we thought was a fair way to do this and came up with the above.

Now no matter what you do as I have posted so many times before pool players always want it done their way.

We believe this is the best way.

Posted by davek75 on 17/09/2018 13:48
#13

Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .

Posted by jimmyboco on 18/09/2018 00:24
#14

davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.

How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.

Posted by jimmyboco on 18/09/2018 00:26
#15

davek75 wrote:
Well its up to the exec m8 ...but a team having to win max 5 games to qualify and a team possibly having to win 7 isnt fair ... 2 8s and a 6 defo fairer than 2 5s and a 12 ...


How do 5 teams qualify from that? The group of 6 play less games and that would be unfair.....smtumble

Posted by davek75 on 18/09/2018 10:20
#16

jimmyboco wrote:
davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.



How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.



Maybe your maths is strong but obviously cant read i said a team only needs to win 4 not play 4 as a group of 5 win 3 top the group win a final ( 3+ 1 is 4 )
For the record i dont have a team so channelling no energy . Randomly draw 2 teams out go to pettycur then 3 venues 1 qualifier each venue anything could be done . I just think this way isnt fair at all

Posted by jimmyboco on 18/09/2018 22:25
#17

davek75 wrote:
jimmyboco wrote:
davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.



How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.



Maybe your maths is strong but obviously cant read i said a team only needs to win 4 not play 4 as a group of 5 win 3 top the group win a final ( 3+ 1 is 4 )
For the record i dont have a team so channelling no energy . Randomly draw 2 teams out go to pettycur then 3 venues 1 qualifier each venue anything could be done . I just think this way isnt fair at all


Aye Am blind lol.

The ones that didn't get drawn out would kick off, would be even worse, think they have done the best they could with the situation. Actually never thought I would say that tbh

Posted by FCBash on 23/09/2018 21:30
#18

The draws and schedules for the playoffs have now been added.

Posted by FCBash on 08/10/2018 20:54
#19

Third Division schedule now online.

Posted by CPB_Captain on 08/10/2018 22:00
#20

Thanks for the quick work Bash. Looking forward to this as always. Just a quick question, Iím sure I read somewhere that you guys were going to look into the schedule for these events as itís very lopsided. Group 1 times are great and Group 2 are a nightmare. First game and last game on the Saturday are 14 hours apart. Guys up from half 8 in the morning and they finish up for the day well after midnight. I know itís too late for this year but maybe something could be done for future events??

Posted by scooby on 08/10/2018 22:23
#21

Surely these times are not right

Posted by FCBash on 08/10/2018 22:27
#22

My apologies folks, I haven;t updated the timings from last year! It'll take a day or two for me to update them, however, the Friday night sessions are correct.

Edited by FCBash on 08/10/2018 22:28

Posted by FCBash on 08/10/2018 23:22
#23

The draws and schedules are now updated to reflect the revised timings from last year. The old links have been superceded.

Apologies again for this error.

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 07:45
#24

They timings are ridiculous
So now we have 2 late nights and have to sit about until 2.15 on the Saturday
Absolute joke

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 07:46
#25

In the Hall until after midnight each night for half the teams is completely unfair and wrong

Posted by joker on 09/10/2018 08:16
#26

Surely these timings must be amended in the interests of fairness to both groups and ALL teams?
One late night for each group is only fair...
Did SPFL do the timings?

Posted by Mulson on 09/10/2018 09:07
#27

I think these are fairer than they were before, it's impossible to keep everyone happy.

Before you had a team up at 8am for a 9am match on the Saturday and then still in the venue at after midnight, that's too long.

Now of course one group being in the venue late both nights isn't ideal but your late on the Friday and don't need to be up early at all the next day so have a chance to chill so likely be fresher later that day.

The folk that are most likely to be NO SWEARING!!ed off at the two late nights are probably the guys that would want to head into Kirkcaldy for a night out, but now can't and to be honest the SPA shouldn't care about that.

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 09:07
#28

There was nothing wrong with the original times
Surely the TC can change this back

All teams should have 1 late night and 1 early start

Posted by Mulson on 09/10/2018 09:09
#29

geegee1984 wrote:
There was nothing wrong with the original times
Surely the TC can change this back

All teams should have 1 late night and 1 early start


Have you ever had the 9am start 11pm finish schedule?

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 09:36
#30

The timings are scandalous, in the venue till after 12 both nights is atrocious, and Iím not bothered about a night out, also wonít see any of the football or horse racing but at least Iíll get a long lie pmsl

Posted by Mulson on 09/10/2018 09:47
#31

Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.

Edited by Mulson on 09/10/2018 09:47

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 10:12
#32

Mulson wrote:
Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.


Wouldnít bother me for 1 early night

Posted by Mulson on 09/10/2018 10:59
#33

Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.


Wouldnít bother me for 1 early night


Tucked up in bed by 10pm, aye nae bother lol

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 11:21
#34

Mulson wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.


Wouldnít bother me for 1 early night


Tucked up in bed by 10pm, aye nae bother lol


Didnít say Iíd be tucked up in bed Michael but itís a bit of relaxation time mate smcomfort

Posted by peterrob on 09/10/2018 11:25
#35

I would like to know the reason behind the changes and who it was that decided it??
To me there didn't seem a lot wrong with the way they were before unless there was major complaints I never read about!

Posted by Mulson on 09/10/2018 11:54
#36

Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.


Wouldnít bother me for 1 early night


Tucked up in bed by 10pm, aye nae bother lol


Didnít say Iíd be tucked up in bed Michael but itís a bit of relaxation time mate smcomfort


I also wouldn't be lying in my bed until 1pm on Saturday morning, would be relaxing in my van.

You laughed about that earlier (i.e. a long lie).

Edited by Mulson on 09/10/2018 11:56

Posted by MJ Hire on 09/10/2018 12:12
#37

peterrob wrote:
I would like to know the reason behind the changes and who it was that decided it??
To me there didn't seem a lot wrong with the way they were before unless there was major complaints I never read about!
simply unfair. Not everyone stays and now they people that donít stay need to now travel home the Friday and Saturday in the early hours. I believe your one of them peter because you have a young family. Wouldnít mind just one of the nights but the two is ridiculous. Got to be a compromise !

Edited by MJ Hire on 09/10/2018 12:12

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 12:22
#38

Mulson wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Mulson wrote:
Would you be happy with an after midnight finish on the Friday and then a 9am start on the Saturday?

That is what would be required.


Wouldnít bother me for 1 early night


Tucked up in bed by 10pm, aye nae bother lol


Didnít say Iíd be tucked up in bed Michael but itís a bit of relaxation time mate smcomfort


I also wouldn't be lying in my bed until 1pm on Saturday morning, would be relaxing in my van.

You laughed about that earlier (i.e. a long lie).


Lol I will be up at 6 regardless of what time I go to bed thatís the 2 late nights ainít great for me mate

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 12:28
#39

Mulson wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
There was nothing wrong with the original times
Surely the TC can change this back

All teams should have 1 late night and 1 early start


Have you ever had the 9am start 11pm finish schedule?


Yes and it never bothered me as Iíd had the early finish the night before

Now Iíll be in the hall until after midnight both nights
Doing feck all until 2pm in a freezing cold van at the end of November on the Saturday

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 12:29
#40

As usual the organisers make these decisions without consulting the players

It was NO SWEARING!! last year and is NO SWEARING!! this year

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 09/10/2018 12:38
#41

We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the majority are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the times will be better.

Edited by FlyingScotsman on 09/10/2018 12:39

Posted by FCBash on 09/10/2018 12:59
#42

I honestly give up. We were slated, lambasted in fact, for the previous timings. Back in 2016 this was discussed at meetings etc also.

Then we changed the timings for 2017 and there were little to no complaints.

We continue with those timings for 2018 and all hell is let loose again.

For those asking, the timings were discussed between Ross, Yvonne and I two years ago. Factors in the decisions, players are at Pettycur Bay to play pool for the weekend, so one early night and one late night were not of concern. As with nights out which were also discounted. If players wish to make a night of it, then that is their prerogative, not the SPA's.

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 13:25
#43

I have little to interest in a night out my only gripe is playing till after midnight both nights of the weekend the rest of the times I donít care too much about

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 13:47
#44

FlyingScotsman wrote:
We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the majority are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the times will be better.


Had to check my calendar there to make sure it wasnít April 1st :)

Edited by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 13:48

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 13:51
#45

Ross do you actually know how hard it is as a league Rep to get guys to part with £70.00 and you want to propose something that cuts the amount of guys who will be able to play in these events and charge them more for it?

For many playing in these super events is the only reason they see the purpose of an affiliation to the SPA

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 13:53
#46

Iíve checked over the minutes of the AGM and i canít see where this has been discussed

Surly this is a fundamental change and has to be proposed at a meeting to be taken away and discussed at league level other it then voted on at the next meeting?

Edited by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 13:54

Posted by beearraydee on 09/10/2018 13:55
#47

FlyingScotsman wrote:
We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the majority are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the times will be better.


Are you seriously suggesting that Counties matches should be decided by a race to 4? :|

Posted by TheBug on 09/10/2018 14:06
#48

Timings are a NO SWEARING!!ing joke and Kim Jong Mcinness suggestion to change the counties to 7/11 players is just as bad. Laughable.

Posted by TheBug on 09/10/2018 14:09
#49

beearraydee wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the majority are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the times will be better.


Are you seriously suggesting that Counties matches should be decided by a race to 4? :|


May aswell just toss a coin.

Posted by Snowball3117 on 09/10/2018 14:23
#50

People make me laugh on here your grown men 2 late nights is not really that big a deal when the majority of players are up passed midnight in there vans. To ask teams to play at 9am then have the midnight finish is far worse imo. But then again of you need a early night ask your captain to take a extra player and you can go and have your early night

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 14:46
#51

Snowball3117 wrote:
People make me laugh on here your grown men 2 late nights is not really that big a deal when the majority of players are up passed midnight in there vans. To ask teams to play at 9am then have the midnight finish is far worse imo. But then again of you need a early night ask your captain to take a extra player and you can go and have your early night


Wit alot of NO SWEARING!!, itís about both timings getting an early finish not about going to bed early ffs

Posted by Snowball3117 on 09/10/2018 15:46
#52

Kaiser sose wrote:
Snowball3117 wrote:
People make me laugh on here your grown men 2 late nights is not really that big a deal when the majority of players are up passed midnight in there vans. To ask teams to play at 9am then have the midnight finish is far worse imo. But then again of you need a early night ask your captain to take a extra player and you can go and have your early night


Wit alot of NO SWEARING!!, itís about both timings getting an early finish not about going to bed early ffs


But it was fine for one group to start at 9am and finish after midnight. Who cares who has the late finishes and early finishes should be there to play pool not worry about people drinking all day last time I checked it was a pool event not a drinking event

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 09/10/2018 16:41
#53

Hang on a second here please.

My proposal to change the Supers is based on a number of players coming on here and telling us lot that we do not listen to you.

Our times are crap along with everything else I do.

If you want it to remain at 11s and 15s then get your rep to vote for that but again this will mean big groups and times not being perfect for all.

Its up to you to get your rep there to vote, the meeting is on Sunday the 2nd Dec.

Posted by Fruits on 09/10/2018 16:47
#54

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Hang on a second here please.

My proposal to change the Supers is based on a number of players coming on here and telling us lot that we do not listen to you.

Our times are crap along with everything else I do.

If you want it to remain at 11s and 15s then get your rep to vote for that but again this will mean big groups and times not being perfect for all.

Its up to you to get your rep there to vote, the meeting is on Sunday the 2nd Dec.


Itís the same guys that moan almost all of the time, about absolutely anything they can. The majority arenít bothered. You canny spit the dummy and make radical changes because half a dozen guys come on a public forum and moan. If players donít like the way itís run, itís that simple.....just donít go.

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 09/10/2018 16:52
#55

cannot disagree with that son but i have to listen to all players then take these points to meetings and let the reps decide.

Posted by beearraydee on 09/10/2018 16:53
#56

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Hang on a second here please.

My proposal to change the Supers is based on a number of players coming on here and telling us lot that we do not listen to you.

Our times are crap along with everything else I do.

If you want it to remain at 11s and 15s then get your rep to vote for that but again this will mean big groups and times not being perfect for all.

Its up to you to get your rep there to vote, the meeting is on Sunday the 2nd Dec.


Surely there's not going to be any time left at that meeting after the questions about the accounts have been fully answered?

Posted by Citizen Smith on 09/10/2018 16:54
#57

[quote]FlyingScotsman wrote:
We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the minoraty are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the Hobbits from the Shire and some other fuds will vote my way .

Edited by Citizen Smith on 09/10/2018 17:27

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 16:57
#58

Ross how can it be voted at the next event when the 1st it was mentioned was this afternoon and itís not been proposed at a previous meeting?

Or is this a SPA special carve up to get voted through what Ross wants voted through? Are you the TD or a member? Surely as TD we the members tell you what events weíd like. Not the TD telling the members what events we are getting

For example
The spa approach youíre company and ask for costs to put an event together
You as a TD employed externally by the SPA surely canít be telling the SPA what events they are having

Posted by Citizen Smith on 09/10/2018 17:01
#59

New protocol , it was voted in at a meeting nobody was at with no minutes available . I think it was the one about 4 years ago when the terms of reference got scrubbed so they could just make NO SWEARING!! up

Edited by Citizen Smith on 09/10/2018 17:02

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 17:13
#60

Snowball3117 wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Snowball3117 wrote:
People make me laugh on here your grown men 2 late nights is not really that big a deal when the majority of players are up passed midnight in there vans. To ask teams to play at 9am then have the midnight finish is far worse imo. But then again of you need a early night ask your captain to take a extra player and you can go and have your early night


Wit alot of NO SWEARING!!, itís about both timings getting an early finish not about going to bed early ffs


But it was fine for one group to start at 9am and finish after midnight. Who cares who has the late finishes and early finishes should be there to play pool not worry about people drinking all day last time I checked it was a pool event not a drinking event


If you could direct me to the part where I said my gripe had anything to do with drinking all day that would be great, AGAIN my gripe is I donít think anyone should have to play till midnight both nights Iíd have no problem playing till Midnight then being on at 9 the next morning if it meant an early finish on the Saturday not because I want to drink all night

Posted by Citizen Smith on 09/10/2018 17:15
#61

FlyingScotsman wrote:
cannot disagree with that son but i have to listen to all players then take these points to meetings and let the reps decide.

Could you take this to the meeting also .
Any votes involved in changing county's set up involves every league,
All leagues must be given a chance to vote on it regardless of if they have a rep at the meeting or not ..

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 17:44
#62

Kaiser sose wrote:
Snowball3117 wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
Snowball3117 wrote:
People make me laugh on here your grown men 2 late nights is not really that big a deal when the majority of players are up passed midnight in there vans. To ask teams to play at 9am then have the midnight finish is far worse imo. But then again of you need a early night ask your captain to take a extra player and you can go and have your early night


Wit alot of NO SWEARING!!, itís about both timings getting an early finish not about going to bed early ffs


But it was fine for one group to start at 9am and finish after midnight. Who cares who has the late finishes and early finishes should be there to play pool not worry about people drinking all day last time I checked it was a pool event not a drinking event


If you could direct me to the part where I said my gripe had anything to do with drinking all day that would be great, AGAIN my gripe is I donít think anyone should have to play till midnight both nights Iíd have no problem playing till Midnight then being on at 9 the next morning if it meant an early finish on the Saturday not because I want to drink all night


Agreed

Posted by the cue78 on 09/10/2018 17:51
#63

Absolute scandalous times for group 2...both nights playing till after midnight?...one group late one night and the other group late the next...simples and keeps everyone happy...its not fair on the ppl who have no option but to go home each night

Posted by knowledge on 09/10/2018 18:15
#64

Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.

Posted by Andy Moffat on 09/10/2018 18:43
#65

To be fair we have had this schedule for years and thatís just the way it goes surly 2 late nights or 2 early nights isnít all that important in the grand scheme of things itís a weekend for playing pool enjoying it and trying to win the event.

Posted by methodinthemadness on 09/10/2018 18:54
#66

Andy Moffat wrote:
To be fair we have had this schedule for years and thatís just the way it goes surly 2 late nights or 2 early nights isnít all that important in the grand scheme of things itís a weekend for playing pool enjoying it and trying to win the event.


Exactly smclap

Posted by methodinthemadness on 09/10/2018 18:56
#67

knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.


Are you staying the full weekend this time smhelpless
Asking for a friend obv

Posted by pedro on 09/10/2018 19:02
#68

methodinthemadness wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.


Are you staying the full weekend this time smhelpless
Asking for a friend obv


Surely Monklands arenít being allowed back??

Posted by methodinthemadness on 09/10/2018 20:35
#69

pedro wrote:
methodinthemadness wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.


Are you staying the full weekend this time smhelpless
Asking for a friend obv


Surely Monklands arenít being allowed back??



Now known as The monklands

Posted by knowledge on 09/10/2018 21:25
#70

methodinthemadness wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.


Are you staying the full weekend this time smhelpless
Asking for a friend obv


We'll see how it goes smhmm

Well done on making a friend. smclap

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 22:42
#71

Friday
7pm Group 1
8.45pm Group 2
10.30pm Group 2

Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 1
12.30pm Group 1
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 2
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 1
11.00pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Both Groups have 2 late evening games followed by a early morning game

Both groups have 3 games in a row

Both groups have where they are only going to the venue for 1 game

Both groups have 1 game on the Sunday

Both groups have where there 1st game isnít until 10.30 in the morning

I might be wrong as Iím doing it on my phone but the above schedule looks fair to both groups and gives each group the same scenario in a number of situations

Edited by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 22:43

Posted by secretary on 09/10/2018 22:50
#72

geegee1984 wrote:






I might be wrong


big time

Posted by geegee1984 on 09/10/2018 22:52
#73

secretary wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:






I might be wrong


big time



Outstanding contribution as always

Posted by Kaiser sose on 09/10/2018 23:32
#74

geegee1984 wrote:
Friday
7pm Group 1
8.45pm Group 2
10.30pm Group 2

Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 1
12.30pm Group 1
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 2
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 1
11.00pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Both Groups have 2 late evening games followed by a early morning game

Both groups have 3 games in a row

Both groups have where they are only going to the venue for 1 game

Both groups have 1 game on the Sunday

Both groups have where there 1st game isnít until 10.30 in the morning

I might be wrong as Iím doing it on my phone but the above schedule looks fair to both groups and gives each group the same scenario in a number of situations


smclap smclap

Posted by Cando1 on 10/10/2018 09:15
#75

Are you saying there is a problem with the accounts Mr Smith as that is quite a serious allegation

Posted by Sting on 10/10/2018 10:32
#76

Kaiser sose wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
Friday
7pm Group 1
8.45pm Group 2
10.30pm Group 2

Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 1
12.30pm Group 1
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 2
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 1
11.00pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Both Groups have 2 late evening games followed by a early morning game

Both groups have 3 games in a row

Both groups have where they are only going to the venue for 1 game

Both groups have 1 game on the Sunday

Both groups have where there 1st game isnít until 10.30 in the morning

I might be wrong as Iím doing it on my phone but the above schedule looks fair to both groups and gives each group the same scenario in a number of situations


smclap smclap


Always gonna find faults in any schedule of you really want to find them. This isn't a million miles away from being very fair. As the group that originally had the 9am rise and last game 11 bells that was mental, regardless of early/late night ratio.

Posted by Blue Jam on 10/10/2018 14:33
#77

FlyingScotsman wrote:
We try our best but as you can see giving so many match's can give some teams late nights and so it will be changed from next year.

I will be asking the SPA to look at the sizes of the teams and cut from 15 down to 11s and the 11s down to 7s.

This way we have more space in the caravans more time to make sure the players finish early etc and this should keep the players happy.

So at the next SPA meeting please send your rep along to help vote out the 11s and change to 7s , this however will mean an increase on the payments from each players as the caravan price will not go down, in fact like every year it goes up, for the SA that is.

So as long as the majority are happy with the changes i am putting forward then the times will be better.



This is completely backwards. If anyone is sufficiently motivated to want a change to the timings, they can bring a proposal to the SPA (i.e. to have a rep bring one to a meeting, where SPA business is conducted). It's too easy and not helpful to just bash away at a keyboard and complain for the sport of it, but if there are genuine concerns then any area can bring their point to a meeting and action can be taken. Making knee-jerk proposals on behalf of people who didn't even ask for them isn't a sensible way forward, and unforeseen problems are inevitable (which is why no proposals should be made and carried at the same meeting).

Posted by beearraydee on 10/10/2018 15:16
#78

Sting wrote:
Kaiser sose wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
Friday
7pm Group 1
8.45pm Group 2
10.30pm Group 2

Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 1
12.30pm Group 1
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 2
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 1
11.00pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Both Groups have 2 late evening games followed by a early morning game

Both groups have 3 games in a row

Both groups have where they are only going to the venue for 1 game

Both groups have 1 game on the Sunday

Both groups have where there 1st game isnít until 10.30 in the morning

I might be wrong as Iím doing it on my phone but the above schedule looks fair to both groups and gives each group the same scenario in a number of situations


smclap smclap


Always gonna find faults in any schedule of you really want to find them. This isn't a million miles away from being very fair. As the group that originally had the 9am rise and last game 11 bells that was mental, regardless of early/late night ratio.


Honestly I can't see a thing wrong with this proposed schedule.

Posted by jmcgarvey1 on 10/10/2018 16:07
#79

Is it just me or do most people take at least a half day on the Friday of counties?Every year I see pictures/messages from people arriving first thing on the Friday, so would it not be an idea to start a few hours earlier and solve all the problems? Obviously some people wonít be able to get away early but most squads take two/three subs anyway.

Something like:
Friday
4.00pm Group 1
5.45pm Group 1
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 2


Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Group 2
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 1
7.30pm Group 1
9.15pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Finished for 11 both nights so no one has an exceptionally late finish either night, shorter day for TD, ref, bar staff etc on the Saturday.

Posted by PremierEventStreaming on 10/10/2018 16:19
#80

Spare a though for me and the lads streaming.

Early morning and late nights lol.

Posted by TheBug on 10/10/2018 22:00
#81

geegee1984 wrote:
Friday
7pm Group 1
8.45pm Group 2
10.30pm Group 2

Saturday
9.00am Group 2
10.45am Group 1
12.30pm Group 1
2.15pm Group 1
4.00pm Group 2
5.45pm Group 2
7.30pm Group 2
9.15pm Group 1
11.00pm Group 1

Sunday
9.00am Group 1
10.45am Group 2
12.30pm Relegation / Ko
1.30pm Quarters

Both Groups have 2 late evening games followed by a early morning game

Both groups have 3 games in a row

Both groups have where they are only going to the venue for 1 game

Both groups have 1 game on the Sunday

Both groups have where there 1st game isnít until 10.30 in the morning

I might be wrong as Iím doing it on my phone but the above schedule looks fair to both groups and gives each group the same scenario in a number of situations


Far too sensible for SPA.

Posted by secretary on 10/10/2018 22:21
#82

PremierEventStreaming wrote:
Spare a though for me and the lads streaming.

Early morning and late nights lol.



and it's been like that for me and top table every event

AND

We are there 30 minutes BEFORE and 30 minutes AFTER finishing

Posted by geegee1984 on 11/10/2018 10:04
#83

So for an hour a day?
Bit of a killer paying £160.00 for a caravan for an hour. Or do you drive home? smhmm

Posted by sweeper on 11/10/2018 10:07
#84

smhilarious

Posted by sja on 11/10/2018 11:19
#85

knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.

John you will be tucked up in your OWN bed by Saturday night dont you worry about the early start on the Sunday

Edited by sja on 11/10/2018 11:21

Posted by secretary on 11/10/2018 13:21
#86

geegee1984 wrote:
So for an hour a day?
Bit of a killer paying £160.00 for a caravan for an hour. Or do you drive home? smhmm



from 9:30am right through till 1am is 16 and a half hours

Posted by gandalph on 11/10/2018 15:23
#87

secretary wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
So for an hour a day?
Bit of a killer paying £160.00 for a caravan for an hour. Or do you drive home? smhmm



from 9:30am right through till 1am is 16 and a half hours


contradicting yourself Davy

secretary wrote:
PremierEventStreaming wrote:
Spare a though for me and the lads streaming.

Early morning and late nights lol.



and it's been like that for me and top table every event

AND

We are there 30 minutes BEFORE and 30 minutes AFTER finishing


match start times are listed as 9:00AM

Posted by knowledge on 11/10/2018 16:36
#88

sja wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Being in group one, can I just say what a magnificent job the "powers that be" have done with the schedule. Finished early and back to the caravan or out on the town two nights, magnificent. Can't see what everyone is complaining about. Only slight gripe is the early start on the Sunday. Could something be done about this going forward?

Thanks.

John you will be tucked up in your OWN bed by Saturday night dont you worry about the early start on the Sunday


smhilarious;)

Posted by geegee1984 on 12/10/2018 00:10
#89

secretary wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:
So for an hour a day?
Bit of a killer paying £160.00 for a caravan for an hour. Or do you drive home? smhmm



from 9:30am right through till 1am is 16 and a half hours


Please tell me youíre no doing the accounts. Thatís only 15.5 hours smcomfort

Or is this when you say. ďNo smart arse. The clocks went backĒ

Posted by PremierEventStreaming on 13/10/2018 01:59
#90

secretary wrote:
PremierEventStreaming wrote:
Spare a though for me and the lads streaming.

Early morning and late nights lol.



and it's been like that for me and top table every event

AND

We are there 30 minutes BEFORE and 30 minutes AFTER finishing


Thanksless job mate

Posted by Cyclone on 02/11/2018 08:53
#91

Have the schedules been changed from the original ones. Do we now go with the schedule on the left panel of the home page?

Posted by Mulson on 02/11/2018 09:05
#92

Cyclone wrote:
Have the schedules been changed from the original ones. Do we now go with the schedule on the left panel of the home page?


The schedules were updated about a month ago and the links on the first post have been updated and reflect the new timings.

The link on the left just takes you to the first post in this thread.

Edited by Mulson on 02/11/2018 09:11

Posted by Cyclone on 02/11/2018 09:08
#93

Cheers, didn't know they had changed